Scene 28

StarStruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I felt ridiculous with the dress on. The sea blue dress was rather ugly too, in my opinion, with its bows and scrunched-up-in-the-middle design. But my sister had forced me to wear it (along with several others) so that she could decide which dress to wear to the spring dance. I walked into the living room, and my clacking heels drew the attention of Hyunjin and her friend, Sulhyun.

 

“Okay, come here,” my sister said, and I stepped closer to her and her critical eye. “Turn,” she ordered, her finger making a circular motion. I did but not without rolling my eyes.

 

“Hmm. It’s just not...girly enough,” Sulhyun decided.

 

“But imagine it on me,” my sister said. “Girlier, right?”

 

“Hmm, maybe,” her friend agreed.

 

Their remarks aggravated me, especially since I had already tried on so many options. “Why don’t you just try it on yourself?” I suggested irritably.

 

My sister looked offended for some reason. “Stop whining. Here,” she said, picking up another dress, this one pink. “We have three hours before the dance. Go change,” she ordered after throwing me the dress.

 

I caught it as it flew over my head and turned back to go into the bathroom to change for what felt like the hundredth time.

“Kids!” Hyunjin said to her friend as though she wasn’t a teen herself.

Sulhyun’s eyes rolled in agreement before they widened. “So what was it like to have reporters on your lawn?” she asked eagerly.

“Exciting,” my sister admitted happily, nodding. But then she added seriously, “But I need my privacy, too.”

“Mm, we all watched your sister on TV,” Sulhyun said, “and she looked wacko!”

“Really?”

I walked into the living room, dressed in the pink gown, and saw my sister and Sulhyun’s backs turned to me. Sulhyun continued laughingly, “Yeah! It was so weird the way she made up that story about meeting Byun Baekhyun.” She then scoffed. “She is so pathetic.”

When I had gone out to co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter