Scene 16

StarStruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I crept up behind my sister who was lounging in her chair. Though she had her earphones in, I didn’t want to alert her, so I slowly and carefully dropped Baekhyun’s keys into her beach bag and grabbed my grandma’s before I ran back to Baekhyun.

 

When we got to the parking lot, a small smirk adorned my face. “Baekhyun,” I said, putting my hand on his shoulder.  “Meet Damhong.” I waved an arm at the fuschia car.

 

He froze and lowered his sunglasses. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

 

“She runs like a top. Have her back here in an hour,” I said as I put the keys in his hand.

 

At that moment, several black SUVs speeded into the parking lot, and Baekhyun grabbed my arm and pulled me down to the ground with him, hissing, “Down. Get down.”

 

“I can’t believe it,” he muttered as he inched his way to in front of the car, me in tow. “I can’t believe it. How do they know where to find me?”

 

“My sister knows where to find you,” I informed him, “and she’s from Incheon.”

 

Several photographers alighted from the vans and immediately began searching for Baekhyun.

 

“All right, here,” Baekhyun said, taking off his sunglasses and handing them to me, never taking his eyes off of the paparazzi, “Put these on.” I slowly took them from him and looked at them.

 

“Now!”

 

“Okay.” Startled, I put them on.

 

“All right, get in the car,” he ordered, pushing me to the other side. He managed to get in first and tried to open the door for me out of courtesy, but it hit me as I was trying to open it myself. This was the second time he’s hit me with a door!

 

I got up from the ground and looked inside the window at his horrified face. “Okay, you really need to stop hitting me,” I said as I adjusted the sunglasses that fell off when the door hit me.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry. Just get in,” he hurriedly said, frantically gesturing with his hands. “Get in, get in!” He looked at the back window to see a cameraman raise his camera at us. Baekhyun whipped back around, made sure the hat was on his head, and urged, “Quick, buckle up. Put your head down.”

 

“Put your head down.” He forced my head down himself. “Head down.”

 

“It’s down.” I said, startled by his behavior. It wasn’t anything new but it was a sharp difference from the laid back nature he displayed earlier on the beach.

 

He leaned across me, opened the glove compartment, and rummaged through it. Desperate, he began to toss things aside.

 

“What ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter