Scene 29

StarStruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“There’s some things I forgot to say to you back in Busan,” Baekhyun said, which ignited whispers and a chorus of “Ooohs.”

My eyes darted from side to side at the stares of everybody present before they decided to rest on Baekhyun. He looked back at the guitarist who started to play a nice, soft melody.

“Can’t blame you,” Baekhyun’s smooth velvety voice began, “for thinking that you never really knew me at all. I tried to deny you, but nothing ever made me feel so wrong.”

As he sang, something stirred in me. Forgiveness. His song was his apology, his explanation for why he treated me the way he did. And I wanted to forgive him. But not so easily.

“Here I am, with all my heart, I hope you understand,” he sang, stepping off the stage to slowly walk toward me. “I know I let you down, but I’m never gonna make that mistake again.”

Without meaning to, my lips formed a small smile at his lyrics. I was mesmerized by his words, his voice, his pleading brown eyes. But I fought the urge to smile widely.

“So come take my hand.” Baekhyun was in front of me now, and he reached out to hold my hand. “I want the world to see what you mean to me.”

When he finished, everybody began to applaud which shook me out of my captivated state. I pulled my hand from his and let out a sigh. “What did you think? That you could just come here and sing to me and everything would be fine?

Baekhyun stared at me like a deer in headlights. “Umm...yes.” He noticed how my eyebrows rose and his own brows shot up. “No? No. No.”

“Well, which is it?”

“I--I just came to tell you I was wrong about everything,” he said sincerely, “especially about you.”

“Don’t you think you’re a little late? Everyone here thinks I was lying.”

“But I’m the one who lied,” he said just as a microphone was stuck out towards his mouth. Where did that come from?

From the corner of my eye, I saw that it was that cursed Lee Yagi. Baekhyun side glanced the woman, then me, then at the microphone, then the anticipating look on the woman’s face, then back at me. Suddenly, he grabbed the mic and faced the camera.

“I lied about knowing Im Eunsung,” he admitted. “‘Cause the truth is I know Im Eunsung.”

I watched him tell the whole world, “Im Eunsung’s a terrible navigator and a know-it-all, but she’s honest.”

He glanced at me, and I spared him a small tilt of my lips. “When she makes a promise, she keeps it. She understands me like no one else does.” With a look I couldn’t immediately identify, Baekhyun looked back at me to confess, “And I’m crazy about her.”

Even if I tried, I wouldn’t have been able to fight back the growing smile on my f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter