Scene 12

StarStruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We didn’t talk during the first part of ride. Eunsung seemed irritated with me. It was pretty obvious by the way she took off my jacket I had given her earlier and how she kept her eyes focused on the window. Fine, if she was going to be that way, so be it. I, for one, was fed up with her disagreeable personality.

 

Why did she seem to hate me so much? I’ve been nothing but nice to her. The question ran through my mind over and over, distracting me so much, I didn’t notice the black van that began following us.

 

I glanced at the girl next to me and shook my head. An idea popped into my head. She seemed to enjoy the song I sang earlier, Hero. Maybe she liked music, even my music. After all, music was food to the soul. Or something like that. I switched on the radio, and to my surprise, another one of my songs, Something About the Sunshine, was playing.

 

A smile growing on my lips, I couldn’t help myself from singing along. “There’s something about the sunshine, baby. I’m seeing you in a whole new light,” I sang, only to be cut off by her incredulous, “Really?”

 

I looked at her and lowered the volume. “What? I thought you’d like it.”

 

She scoffed. She did that a lot, I noticed. “Let me guess. You thought I’d be dying to ride in a car with Byun Baekhyun as he sings to one of his big hits. A fan’s dream come true!” she said sweetly before she dropped the sweetness. “There’s just one problem.”

 

“Which is?”

 

“I’m not your fan.”

 

My smile dropped faster than a pebble in water and I glanced at her. Was she for real? “You don’t--” I cleared my voice. “You don’t like my music?”

 

“No, I like your music,” she said and I internally sighed with relief. Until she continued, “I’m just not crazy about you.”

 

“But you don’t even know me.”

 

“Precisely.”

 

What? I was utterly baffled. “You know, I think if you...I think if you did know me, you’d really like me,” I told her. Not trying to brag or anything, but I thought of myself as a pretty nice guy.

 

“Oh, turn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter