Scene 3

StarStruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re not invited,” Hyunjin sneered at me. I was at the table where tickets to the spring dance were being sold and where, unfortunately, my sister was selling them

 

“Everybody’s invited, Hyunjin,” I retorted. “It’s an all-school dance.”

 

“The operative word being ‘dance’”. She laughed and turned to her friend, Sulhyun. “Embarrassing,” my sister singsonged, pointing at me not all that discreetly.

 

I refused to be embarrassed though. “Don’t worry. I’m just going there to cover it for the school paper.”

 

Hyunjin stopped laughing. “Oh.”

 

Her friend tapped her on the shoulder. “Oh, are you bringing your camera with you to Busan?” she asked.

 

My sister rolled her eyes. “Sulhyun, of course I am.”

 

“Because we still need pics of Byun Baekhyun!” Sulhyun trilled and suddenly brought out a pink scrapbook album from under the table. How did she-- never mind. I raised an eyebrow at it, unimpressed, but my sister in a breath.

 

“Talking, walking, singing, dancing, moving, breathing.” Sulhyun looked and sounded dazed near the end of her sentence. She sounded too much like my sister yesterday.

 

“Why are you both so hung up on this guy?” I had to ask. I still didn’t understand.

 

Both girls looked personally offended. My sister shook her head. “‘This guy’?” Sulhyun repeated incredulously, as if she couldn’t couldn’t believe how I dared say such a label about their precious eye candy.

 

“Mmm-hmm,” my sister responded. “Now you see what I live with?”

 

“Poor you,” Sulhyun sympathized.

 

Hyunjin turned to me. “Little sister, when we go to Busan, you can play yut with grandma”--Sulhyun let out an amused snort--“but I’m going to meet Byun Baekhyun.”

 

I never thought hearts in eyes were possible, but it looked like my sister had them now just at his name.

 

“And just how are you planning to do that?” I challenged.

 

Sulhyun opened the scrapboo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter