Scene 19

StarStruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Contrary to what Eunsung believed, her sister wasn’t freaking out about her disappearance at all. In fact, Hyunjin assumed she was waiting in the car. But when she pulled out her keys from her bag, she noticed they looked different. Wait, if these weren’t her keys, whose were they?

 

She went back to the parking lot and noticed the fuschia car was missing. Well, whoever took her keys and replaced them with theirs obviously took her car and left theirs behind. Hyunjin hoped it wasn’t a worse car than her grandma’s. The pink was embarrassing enough to deal with.

 

It took her five solid minutes of wandering and constant pressing the keys to find the mystery car. She halted in her steps when she heard the “beep-beep” of a car unlocking and stared at the expensive blue car that had beeped. No. Way. It was so much better than her grandma’s.

 

Hyunjin leaned her beach chair against the trunk and cautiously walked over to the driver’s seat and opened the door. She bent her knees as she peered inside the car to search for a card or something that would inform her who was the owner. Under the driving mirror was a small rectangle that she pulled out to see the name, a picture, and an address. Her eyes widening, she gasped.

 

“Byun Baekhyun,” she managed to read aloud. Breathing was suddenly so much harder. How in the world--? After the initial shock settled in the doubt. “Come on. Am I being Punk’d?” she voiced her suspicions to nobody in particular as she scanned her surroundings, expecting people to pop out at her, yelling, “YES!”

 

But nobody answered her. Hyunjin debated what to do. If Baekhyun’s car was here, then he must have taken hers, though why he would want her car was beyond her comprehension. And where was her sister? She decided to go to the address on the card, which she assumed to be Baekhyun’s home address. It was the only way to get answers.

 

And it wouldn’t hurt to go check out the home of THE Byun Baekhyun, the love of her life. Maybe he’d even be there and she’d finally be able to meet him.

   

At first, I tried talking to Eunsung, but she adamantly refused to speak, so I quickly gave up. I followed her from a distance so that she would have her space. As we walked, I stared after her, wondering why she was so freaking difficult to understand. One moment she’s happy and laughing and taking pictures with me and the next moment she’s angry and yelling and then refusing to talk to me.

 

The excited glow from today’s adventure was long gone by now, and I realized how much I really enjoyed myself earlier. I felt so...normal with her. It had been such a long time since I got to do fun, normal activities without anybody pestering me. If I had known this was going to happen, I would have savored the good feelings a little bit more.

 

When we walked for a good ten minutes without speaking, I couldn’t stop myself from running to catch up with her and cautiously ask, “Hey, how you doing? You okay?”

 

She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter