Scene 21

StarStruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After that moment when I realized I had been horrible to be so quick to judge, I quietly admitted, “Maybe I don’t understand.”

 

Baekhyun turned to look at me. “What?”

 

“Your life.” I shook my head a little. “I mean, it’s so different from mine. Everything you do and say is so big and public.”

 

His nose scrunched up in disagreement. “Not everything.” He paused then continued, “Right now, here with you, I feel like I can just be myself. Not Byun Baekhyun.”

 

I let out a little laugh at the way he said his name.

 

“Not famous. Just...you know, just me.”

 

“How do you like it?” I questioned.

 

“I like it a lot.”

 

My eyes casted downwards before they they flickered back up to look at Baekhyun smiling. “Me, too,” I admitted softly.

 

He pulled his legs up, turned a little to face me, and crossed his legs. “So tell me something about you.”

 

“What do you wanna know?”

 

“Everything.”

 

“That could take a while,” I said, and he looked taken aback. “I live a very exciting life,” I joked.

 

Baekhyun briefly looked away to laugh, and when he looked back at me, he was smiling his signature charming smile. I recalled the previous times he smiled me like that: in his car, at his house, in my grandma’s garage. And now here.

 

I broke into a chuckle. “You’re doing it again,” I told him.

 

“Doing what?”

 

“That thing with your eyes.”

 

He snorted. “Oh, you mean this?” He proceeded to go cross eyed and I laughed.

 

“Okay, so c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter