Scene 2

StarStruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A sleek, silver, roofless car with yellow flames on the hood rolled up in front of Busan’s Club Under 21, a place I could be seen at frequently as it was the only club who admitted people under 21 but over 17. I’m proud to say that I was the owner of the said car, and I was in the passenger’s seat while my buddy, Park Chanyeol, was in the driver’s.

 

He turned to me, his famous grin on his face. “You ready to party?”

 

Was that even a question that needed to be asked? “Absolutely.”

 

“Well, let’s do it!” he said energetically as we got out of the car. “You know, out of all of your cars, Dajung’s my favorite,” he told me.

 

“Dajung?” Was he referring to my car?

 

“Yeah, I mean, look at her” he said, coming around the car to stand next to me as we looked at the beautiful car he christened Dajung. “Hey, does that new valet look a little shifty to you?” He pointed an accusing finger at the guy who was going to park for us.

 

“No. Not really,” I said truthfully as the valet drove away. To be honest, I didn’t really care. I had five other, perfectly fine cars at home.

 

“He looks a little shifty to me,” Chanyeol repeated, still suspicious.

 

“Come on, Chanyeol,” I said humorously, slapping him on the back. “Let’s find you a real girl.”

 

He sounded insulted when he replied, “What? That-- that is a real girl.” But his attention was swiftly directed to another pressing matter as we began to walk to the club’s entrance. “Oh, wow. Look who it is,” he said sarcastically. “Byun Baekhyun’s girlfriend, the fantabulous, fabulous Son Areum!”

 

Areum was signing photos and taking pictures with a few fans in the line before she sashayed over to Chanyeol and me with a brilliant, charming smile. She leaned out her cheek for me to kiss as a greeting. “Hi, sweetie.”

 

“Hi,” I replied. She then turned to Chanyeol who was looking at us with annoyance.

 

“Chanyeol,” she said shortly.

 

“Yeah,” he replied. I could tell they didn’t like each other but put up with the other’s presence for my sake. I wondered why they didn’t get along.

 

Areum quickly returned her focus on me. So, I complimented her truthfully, “You look beautiful tonight.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter