Scene 14

StarStruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When we were both outside the house, well out of my parents’ hearing range, my sister asked with surprising amount of venom, “How was your little cab ride?”

 

“Uh, what cab ride?”

 

“Uh, what cab ride?” she repeated. “Ugh, I am this close to meeting Byun Baekhyun, and I have to leave because Chanyeol tells me that you decided to take a cab home.” She stopped in the middle of the pathway to the garage to glare at me. Oh, so that’s why she was upset to see me earlier. I panicked when I saw her lift the remote and press the button that opened the garage door.

 

“Oh, that cab!” I grabbed the remote from her hands and pressed the other button that closed the door.

 

Hyunjin snatched the remote back. “Where did you go?” She lifted a finger. “Wait. Don’t tell me. I don’t wanna be that bored.” She pressed the open button for a second time, and again, I yanked the remote away to press the close button.

 

“Uh, I’ll make it up to you. I’ll help you find him.”

 

“How are you going to do that?” she scorned, succeeding in tugging it back to her hands. When I closed the garage door for a third time, she let out a frustrated grunt.

 

“Let’s go, um...let’s go inside and research,” I suggested. In the back of my mind, I was hoping Baekhyun was gone by now. Please, please, please. “Uh, Mom and Dad don’t even need to know.”

 

“Mom and Dad don’t need to know what?” My sister and I froze at the sound of my dad’s voice. We had been so busy quarreling, we hadn’t heard my dad’s footsteps as he approached us.

 

“Nothing,” we said in unison. To my horror, he took the remote and opened the garage door before I could stop him. I could only watch as my dad ducked underneath the rising door that lifted to reveal...nothing.

 

I sighed in relief. So Baekhyun did leave early in the morning, just like he promised.

 

My dad returned with the maple syrup, and as he walked towards us, he said, “I don’t understand you girls.”

 

My sister huffed a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter