What Happened?!

Dear Brother

Kibum was still giggling when he walked into his next class, and he sat down beside Jonghyun who was scribbling away in his notebook. He kept replaying with whole conversation with Minho going on and on in his head. He felt like he should be angry; seeing as the big idiot wanted to hang out with him other than his sister who was the one that liked him. Did Kibum like him? He wasn't sure; Minho was handsome and popular-but then again so was Kibum so that wasn't really a reason, he had enough of a social life and plenty of romantic opportunities. Plenty. 'Kibum? You ok?' The man blinked and he turned his head, seeing Jonghyun had finally lifted his head and was giving him a weird look. 'Oh...yes. Just...lost in thought.'

'Anything you want to talk about?' Kibum looked at his nails, thinking he might have to get a manicure and that might make him feel better. 'I don't know. It's all very confusing.' Jonghyun turned in his seat and he went, 'Tell me. Did it have anything to do with what happened at lunch?' Kibum raised his eyebrow and he went, 'How...never mind. I guess everyone saw that guy fall on his .' Jonghyun grinned and lowered his voice as the teacher came in and he said, 'So...what did go down anyway? I just saw him fall and then...you guys were talking.' Kibum felt his cheeks go a little warm and he whispered, 'Well, thats the confusing part. He sat me down and...asked me out. Kind of.'

'Kind of? What do you mean kind of?' Kibum looked at the teacher, making sure her back was turned and then he whispered, 'It's a long story. Bottom line is, I did my sister a favour as she is the one that likes him...' He saw Jonghyuns face go pink, at the mention of his sister but he elected to ignore it carrying on, 'Anyway, he had it into his head that I like him, which is just...' Kibum covered his mouth, giggles coming out and he went, 'So untrue! I mean...' He waved his hands around and went, 'He's cute and all, but so not my type I mean, if you like that...tall, good looking...athletic...type then thats your business not mine.' He had said too much. And when he saw the grin on Jonghyuns face, he felt his face go bright red. 'Whatever. The point is, he was a jerk for doing it. I won't do that to my sister.'

He turned away, keeping his chin up still feeling Jonghyuns eyes on him. 'Well. Have you said anything to your sister yet?' Kibum's stomach did an uncomfortable twist and his mouth went dry. 'No. I haven't seen her yet. What do I even say? I don't want to hurt her.' Jonghyuns smilen went all soft and he said, 'Your sister will understand. She won't hate you, she's not that kind of person.' Kibum watched the older man as his smile went from friendly to dreamy as he spoke, 'She's far too nice...and pretty.' Kibums other eyebrow went up this time and then Jonghyun saw his face, and stuttered, 'Oh...well I mean...yeah. So, just be honest with her. It's better that way.' Kibum had known Jonghyun all his life, but he had never noticed how soft his eyes got when he spoke of his sister...did Jonghyun like her? If he did...that could really help him out.

'So...' He said, a small smile playing on his full lips, 'You think my sister is pretty?' Jonghyuns cheeks went from pink to bright red and he mumbled, looking down at his notebook, though not taking notes. 'Well...you know she's...not unattractive.' Kibum grinned, but when he went to speak, the teacher saw them talking so, he had to write down what he wanted to say: 'But you admit she's pretty right?' He passed the note to Jonghyun who read it, rolled his eyes and scribbled down a repsonse, passing the paper back. Kibum read the words-with some difficulty the older man had really bad penmanship, and it said, 'Yes ok yes! But it hardly matters, she doesn't notice me.' Kibum shook his head, smiling as he wrote again, 'She may just if she knows Minho isn't available!'

He passed the paper back to Jonghyun, who read it and then scribbled a response passing it back, 'I thought he wasn't your type.' Kibum wrote back quickly saying, 'Not my point! The point is, if someone else takes her mind off him she won't get hurt. You like her right? And don't lie to me!' He chucked the paper back, the older reading it and then he sighed, whispering, 'Fine. What did you have in mind?'

 

Minho stood under the shower, letting the water wash away the meat sauce and hopefully his shame. He let out all his feelings, and he got it thrown back at him. God, Kibum was such a...he punched the shower wall and then turned it off, getting a towel and heading to his locker to get dressed. As soon as he turned the conrer, someone was standing by his locker. Someone with long legs, slicked back hair and sharp cat eyes. He stood there, then Kibum saw him and those feline eyes widened a little bit. 'Well. I feel overdressed.' Minho grabbed another towel, covering himself and Kibum just rolled his eyes, 'Babe please, once it's been seen you can't take it away.' Minho narrowed his eyes, walking to his locker and grabbing his clothes, 'What are you doing in here?' Kibum looked around him and he said, 'I was hoping to talk...about what happened at lunch.'

Minho pulled on his t-shirt and then said, 'I don't want to talk. And turn around, I have to get my jeans on.' Kibum raised that be damned eyebrow and Minho just said again, 'Turn. Around.' The older man turned, a sly smile on his heart shaped lips and Minho yanked on his jeans so fast, he amazed himself. 'Ok...you can turn back.' Kibum turned his head and said all playfully, 'Are you decent now?' Minho felt his cheeks burn and he went, 'Whatever it is you have to say. just say it.' He hated how this dude was making him feel like he could melt like snow on a sunny day. Kibum had that effect it seemed on a lot of people, he had such a prescense about him, that even when he was just standing there, Minho felt like he was silently being judged.

'I wanted to apologise. I didn't mean to laugh at you.' Minho ruffled his hair with the towel and he said, 'OK. Is that all you wanted to say?' Kibum shifted on his feet-he looked nervous, it was almost comical and he said, 'No. I wanted to say that I do like you.' He said it all casual, like he was talking about the weather, then Minho said, 'Why did you shoot me down earlier?' Kibum sat down on the bench and he said, 'I don't know! I thought about my sister, how she was all in love with you and...I didn't want to jump into anything that would hurt her feelings.' Minho stared at him, seeing how the olders face changed when he talked about Taeyeon and Minho felt for him. 'So...is that why you're here? To tell me again how we can't be together? But in a nicer way?'

Kibum crossed his legs-which looked so good in the black jeans he was wearing and he said, 'No. I came to say...I accept your offer.'