Take It Slow

Dear Brother

'Kibum? I need you to come down...like now.' The man didn't look away from the mirror, as he applied his moisturiser and then his sister came upstairs and appeared by the door. 'Noona, I'm not ready yet, besides we have time.' Taeyeon smiled, coming over and taking her brothers hand, dragging him out. 'Hey! Noona, what are you....' His voice disappeared as his sister pointed out the window where he saw a huge black Jeep-damn thing nearly took up half the street and he said, 'What is this?' Taeyeon giggled, looking like she was really enjoying herself and she said, 'I think your boyfriend is here to take you to school.' Kibum now wished he was back in bed, when he saw Choi Minho hope out of the huge monster of a vehicle and walking towards their house. 'Sweet mother of-' The door bell went and Taeyeon pushed Kibum to the door and he went, 'What the hell is he doing?!'

'Well, he is your boyfriend. Isn't this what boyfriends do?'

'He is not my boyfriend! We haven't even gone out on a date!' Minho rapped the door again and Kibum groaned pulling the door open, the big idiot standing there grinning like...well an idiot. 'Good morning Bummie!' The older man felt a headache coming and it wasn't even nine o'clock and he said, 'First of all, do not ever call me that or I will slash your tyres. Second of all, what do you think you're doing?' Minho spread out his arms as if he was making a grand gesture and said, 'Can I man not take his handsome boyfriend to school?' Kibum looked to the heavens silently asking why oh why was he being tested and then he said aloud, 'Minho. We are not...boyfriends. Ok? We haven't even gone out on a date, or kiss or anything.' Minho got a look in his eyes and Kibum narrowed his before saying, 'Don't you dare. I have not had coffee yet, and I am not in the mood. It's Monday.'

'Oh, that reminds me...' He went back to his huge car-seriously why was it so big and Kibum could see his sister out of the corner of his eye and she whispered, 'Wow, you're blushing.' Kibum nudged her away, as Minho came back over, his eyes all lit looking like a puppy who caught a ball on the first throw. 'I bought you coffee. I know how much you like it.' He handed Kibum a large coffee, and the older held it, looking at Minho like he was nuts. 'How did you know?' Minho shrugged and he said, 'Well, you always buy it at lunch and a few times last week I saw you with a travel mug. The pink one with your name on it.' Kibum felt his cheeks flush and silently blamed it on the warmer weather. So, the big guy actually paid attention. He figured he would give him a chance and he said, 'Give me a second...I just need to get my jacket.'

'Does that mean you're letting me drive you?'

'It means you're gonna wait there, until I get ready and then drive me to school.' Kibum closed the door, sipping his coffee ignoring his sister as he went up stairs, finished off getting ready and then he came downstairs...to see Minho in the hallway, talking to his sister. 'Oh God...why do you hate me today?' He closed the lid on his travel mug and cleared his throat real loud and said, 'I'm ready now. Are we all ready?' He looked at his sister silently asking her to come with them, doing his best to use his twin senses. Sadly...she smiled and said, 'Oh no, you two go ahead. I need to grab my camera and stuff so I'll be right behind you.' Kibum had never felt so unloved as his sister kissed his cheek and then Minho took his hand-the guys hands were rougher than sandpaper, he was in desperate for moisturiser himself, leading him to his monstrosity of a car.

'Nice wheels.' He said dryly and Minho grinned opening the door and saying, 'Isn't she? My dad got it for me after my first football game. Freshman year.' Kibum looked at him over his sunglasses and he went, 'You were 14? Isn't that a bit illegal to be driving?' Minho shrugged and he said, 'I was tall enough to get away with it.' The older man rolled his eyes, hoping inside the car-which smelled like cheap aftershave and...boy. He sipped his coffee and then Minho hopped in saying. 'Are you hungry?' Kibum was about to say no, incase this guy pulled out a burito from the glow compartment-he looked like the type but his stomach gave him away, growling like an injured lion. Minho grinned and he said, 'I know a place we can go. They do the best breakfast buritos...'

'If that is your idea of treating me, you are sadly mistaken Mr Choi.' Minho started driving and he said, sounding a bit defensive, 'Come on! You were the one that said we haven't been on a date yet.' Kibum leaned back against his seat and he said, 'I did, but I am not going anywhere that makes buritos. I'm trying to lose weight. You wanna date me or have anything with me, I need you to...take it slow.' Minho looked at him, his face all confused and he said, 'Take it slow? I thought you worked it out with your sister.' Kibum sipped more coffee and he said, 'It's not about my sister. I just...I don't know what this is yet.' Minho turned and he said, 'You mean you don't know if you like me?'

'I didn't say that. I do like you I just...I'm not sure of anything yet.'

'How can you not be sure? You like me, I like you isn't that enough?'

'Minho, come on! We're in high school, I can't afford to leap into something too soon. What if it doesn't work?'

'Oh my god...' Minho stopped the car, finally arriving at school and he said, 'I understand what you're saying, but isn't high school the time to figure things out? Can't we just try?' Kibum looked him over, the handsome doffus looking at him his eyes all big and he had to smile. 'Alright. But don't make a big deal-' He didn't get to finish. Minho kissed him. Right in his car. He wasn't too bad at it either. After a few seconds Minho pulled away and Kibum said, 'Not how I planned that happening but...points for being spontaneous.' Minho grinned and said, 'I'll get the door for you.' He hopped out and came around the other side, opening Kibums side-well the older was hardly going to say no, plus he had enough trouble getting into the damn thing, he may as well be assisted out of it.

As they walked in, Minho asked, 'Can I hold your hand?'

'No.'

'Why?'

'Because I said so.'

They got inside, Kibum walking on ahead getting to his locker and then Minho said, 'Can I kiss you on the cheek? Or are you worried I'll smudge your make up?'

'I'm not wearing make up. My skin is already perfect.'

'Yes you are, I can tell!'

'it is tinted moisturiser, now if you will be excuse me.' Kibum slammed his locker shut and he said, 'I'll see you at lunch.' He walked away and the big idiot called after him, 'I'll see you later Bummie!!' This was going to be a long day...

'