First Date Part 2

Dear Brother

Taeyeon checked her make up one more time, ran a brush over her hair and then decided to go for a cute side braid instead of leaving it down. She took a deep breath, trying to wipe off the sweat on her palms. She hadn't been on a date since she was about 14 and Onew took her to the fair-this was before he was dating Taemin as said boy was too young at the time. Nothing really happened that night, he held her hand, bought her popcorn and comforted her when he made her get on the roller coaster. This time...it felt different. Jonghyun was different. She didn't know what she felt for him but, what she did know, as she walked down the stairs fixing her dress before answering the door to greet him was that her heart was hammering in her chest.

Jonghyun looked really cute; he was wearing faded jeans and a loose white button down shirt. 'Hello noona...' He said looking all cute and bashful as he smiled at her, taking in her cute dress. 'Hello Jonghyun. You look nice.' He chuckled, looking at his shirt and he said, 'I wasn't sure what to wear. I think I changed this shirt over three times.' Taeyeon invited him inside and she said, 'I had the same issue, I changed my outfit a lot too.' They stood there looking at each other for a bit, and Taeyeon couldn't help but notice how big Jonghyuns eyes were...'Well, we had better get going.' He took her hand-his was so warm and it felt so right fitted into her own, leading her outside to his car. 'I hope you have a good appetite.' He opened the car door for her, letting her in first and then went to the drivers side.

On the outside, Taeyeon was smiling and looked calm. But inside, she was shaking and her anxiety was going a mile an hour, but she kept it in, trying to let anything ruin her night. 'Can I ask where we are going or, is it a surprise?' Jonghyun smiled at her and he said, 'Well, the first part of the night is not. I'm taking you to this cute new sushi place I found recently. But the second part might be.' Taeyeon held her hands together and asked as calmly as she could, 'What's the second part?' Jonghyun shook his head, that cute little smile still on his face, 'It wouldn't be a surprise if I told.' He kept driving, the two of them sitting in comfy silence, occasionally one or the other asking questions about the other.

'How long have you played guitar?'

'Since middle school. Started off with the bass, then moved on to acoustic. When did you get into taking pictures?'

'Always. My dad got me a camera when I was three. First ever picture I took, was Kibum asleep on the couch after he ate too much cake. He always nags about that picture.'

Jonghyun giggled, stopping the car finally, and getting out to open her door, taking her hand as she stepped out. 'You'll have to show me some of your pictures. Including that one of Kibum.' Taeyeon imagined her brothers horrified face, and she said, 'Oh I sure will...' He lead her into the resturant, leading her to the table and pulling out her chair like a gentleman. Taeyeon had never been treated this way by a man...it felt nice. Jonghyun was nice. He sat next to her, and they watched the sushi chef, throw his knives around, chopping up all the food and when Jonghyun caught one in his mouth, she laughed so hard, she could barely breathe. They talked more, laughed a lot more and Taeyeon ate so much she felt like she wouldn't be able to stand. 'Are you having fun?' Jonghyun asked her, his eyes all glazed, twirling his chop sticks between his fingers. Still smiling at her. 'Yes. Haven't had this much fun in a long time. Thanks.'

'Oh...don't thank me yet.' Jonghyun stood up, left money for their food and took her hand again leading her out of the resturant. 'Is this the surprise part?' Jonghyun didn't answer, he just smiled and helped her into the car. 'Where are we going?' He still didn't answer, he just drove and kept driving until they got to...'What is this?' They stopped outside the Observatory-somewhere Taeyeon had never been, but she had always wanted to. As much as she loved photography. she also loved looking at the stars and the moon. She used to joke to Kibum that one day, she would travel to the moon and all the planets. This place was the closest she got, but it was too expensive and she was always too busy. 'Come on. We don't have long, Onew-hyung said we only have an hour.'

'I think an hour, might be all we need.' She grinned at him, the two walking in the huge doors, Taeyeon taking in the interior: the huge dome, the telescope and the stain glass windows. It was all too perfect. 'In here...' Jonghyun lead her to the right, into a another domed room, with what looked like movie theatre chairs but Taeyeon had a feeling, they were not going to watch a movie. 'Sit down.' Taeyeon walked down the aisle and she sat down, Jonghyun beside her and then...the lights went out. Then she saw the stars. 'Wow...' With no lights, only the stars floating around, Taeyeon felt like she was in space...just floating around and free. 'This is so beautiful...'

'Yes you are...' Taeyeon turned her head, Jonghyun right next to her. Their faces were a breath apart...she wasn't sure who leaned in first, but soon she felt his lips on hers. And it was better than floating around the stars...