An Option...Maybe?

Dear Brother

There was always someone in the music room. Usually a student working on a project, or a poor teacher looking for some solace before their next class. But what Jonghyun didn't expect to find was Kim Taeyeon sitting at the piano, apple in hand and giggling at her phone. 'Noona?' Jonghyun said, and Taeyeon jumped, nearly dropping her apple but she looked really cute. She always looked really cute. 'Oh...sorry Jonghyun! I thought this room was empty for lunch.' Jonghyun smiled at her and she blushed, standing up and he said, 'It's ok. I just came to get my guitar.' He walked across the room, and then Taeyeon said, 'I didn't know you played that.' Jonghyun was the one to blush now and he carefully placed the instrument in its case and said, 'I don't all the time, but it was pretty simple to learn.' He looked at Taeyeon and she was looking at the guitar as if she really wanted to look at it, her big eyes all curious.

'Do you...wanna look at it? I can show you a few chords.' Taeyeons face went all pink and Jonghyun had to smile again-she was too adorable. 'Oh...I don't know. It looks fragile, I don't want to drop it.' Jonghyun chuckled and lifted out the shiny instrument and came over to her, 'Thats what the strap is for. Here, try it.' He lifted it up, making sure the strap didn't caught in her hair-which she was wearing down today...Jonghyun loved when he wore her hair down. 'How do you manage this?' Jonghyun could not keep the smile off his face, taking Taeyeons hand and placing her fingers on the guitars neck. 'This is G...' He moved her fingers again-god her hands were soft-'this E minor...' He kept moving her fingers, seeing the smile on her face getting bigger and then she said, 'I always wanted to learn guitar.'

She looked at Jonghyun, her eyes wide and he just realised how close they were sitting. He knew he should move, but he didn't want to. 'Then...why not?' Taeyeon sighed, moving her hand-which Jonghyun was slightly sad about but he kept it to himself, and she said, 'I don't know. I've always been good at one thing and...I was always worried to try something new.' Her cheeks flushed again and Jonghyun literally had to hold back on touching her cheeks just to see it again. 'Well its...never too late.' Jonghyun pulled a chair over and he said, 'Learning guitar is really easy. I think you would be really good.' Taeyeon smiled and lifted the guitar off her and handed it to Jonghyun. 'I have enough to work on. But...I'll think about it.'

She smiled at him and she lifted her bag, heading for the door and then without thinking Jonghyun said, 'It is just another option.' Taeyeon looked at him and he felt his own cheeks flush. 'I...I just mean, its never too late to try anything new. Part of life right? New experiences?' He tried to convey to her what he was saying: 'Pick me. I was always there...not him.' Taeyeon smiled at him and she said, 'I'll think about it. I'll see you around Jonghyun.' She left the room and Jonghyun let out a breath, hanging his head in shame. Why couldn't he just tell her? He had been holding it in for two years, why was it so hard to tell her...I think I'm love with you?

 

Minho was so distracted. And he didn't play well when he was distracted. He kept thinking about Taeyeon during lunch today. She was so...different; in such a good way. She was more outspoken, she was sassy...and so y. The way she raised her eyebrow-which Minho never noticed she had a scar, he could feel his heart race. He was in his garden, trying to focus on getting the basketball into the hoop, but he kept missing it. That never happened...thank god his dad was at a meeting otherwise, he would never hear the end of it. He threw the ball down, then threw himself down the grass, his fingers playing with his lucky bracelet. 'Mom...I could really use your advice right now. What do you do if you think you're...falling for someone?'

He closed his eyes, the picture of that sassy, y woman coming into his mind...he had to talk to her again. Honesty was something his mother always said was the most important thing. He had to go to Taeyeon as soon as possible and tell her that he would like to go out with her. Yes. That would work. Hopefully that sharp tongue of hers won't tear him down...

 

The next day, Minho walked into school feeling really anxious. He didn't do well when he was anxious. Ugh, was this what real feelings felt like? He walked in, making sure his letterman jacket wasn't dusty-his father says that apperance and performance went together, you couldn't have one without the other. He walked in, looking around for Taeyeon, hoping to maybe catch her before class. He walked down the hall, waving to his friends, finding everyone but the one person he was wanting to see most. He slumped against the lockers, feeling defeated...but then he saw her. She walked in, wearing a cute beanie hat, her hair in a long braid and wearing glasses. Her clothes were...not like what the other girls were wearing-baggy jeans and a t-shirt but not that it mattered-Minho had money, he could take her shopping. He was about to call her over, when he saw who was walking in behind her: tall, brown shiny hair, and...a scar on HIS eyebrow...