Take A Chance

Dear Brother

Taeyeon had no idea where her brother was, but judging by the texts she kept getting from him, he sounded pretty annoyed. She was sitting on the bleachers outside by the baseball field-she had to cover the next game for the school paper and was already bored, so she was exhanging texts with Kibum.

'Where does anyone get the GALL to allow those apes to roam around? Just keep them in their cages.'

'It was a free period Kibum. But I do hope you're ok.'

'Just say it.'

'Say what?'

'You're jealous. ;)'

'Jealous of what? You getting a ball to the head? I'd rather eat your cooking.'

'Jealous of the fact I spoke to YOUR man, said more that just 'good morning' to him. And my cooking is extraordinary, you're a hater.'

Taeyeon giggled and then Tiffany nudged her, looking ready to pee herself she was so excited. 'What? Bathroom is inside.' The other girl rolled her eyes, then she said, 'He's here! Minho's up next!' Taeyeon looked up, seeing Minho walk across the field, looking really good in his baseball uniform holding a bat. 'God...how is one man so good looking?' Sunny and Tiffany looked like fangirls at a concert, whereas Taeyeon just sat there holding her camera and notebook looking calm but inside her heart was hammering. Minho stood there, adjusting his cap and lifting the bat up, his arms looking really good. 'Is someone sitting here?'

Taeyeon looked up, and standing beside her was Jonghyun-a guy from Kibums class looking at her with a cute smile on his face. 'Oh...no go ahead.' She moved her bag, letting the younger man sit down and he said, 'You look cute today noona.' The older woman smiled and lifted her camera again, taking more shots of Minho, loving how his mucsles moved as he swung the bat. 'Wow!' All three girls said together as the athlete ran around all the bases, getting an amazing homerun, the crowd cheering. Taeyeon snapped some more shots and then clapped along with everyone else. 'Noona...'

Jonghyun beside her was smiling at her in a way that was almost flirty and he said, 'Are you a fangirl too?' Taeyeon blushed and she said, 'Oh...I was just...he's just...' Jonghyun still had that smile on his face and he said, 'It's ok. I don't blame you.' He picked up his bag and said to her, 'And you look really pretty when you smile.' He winked at her, then walked away leaving Taeyeon not of what to feel, as she had never heard him speak to her like that before, and she had to get on with her story. 'I'll see you guys after school.' She gathered her things, bag, camera and notebook climbing down the bleachers, towards the field. She had to get some quotes from Minho about the game...and his success during the year.

If it wasn't worth 30% of her grade and something she needed on her college application she would get someone else, or not do it at all. She made it down, and walked around not really sure where to go, seeing Minho just a few feet away. 'OK....you can do this. You're a senior, he's a junior. Excert your authority.' She repeated that to herself as she walked over to the guy, seeing him highfive his team mates. 'E...excuse me?' Her voice sounded so small, and when those deep brown eyes looked at her and he smiled, Taeyeon felt like her heart was in . 'Um...sorry to interrupt but...I need a quote from you. For the paper. If thats ok.' Oh god, someone please shot me now, Taeyeon thought to herself as Minho looked her over. 'I can't right now, I'm sorry. Can we meet again? Maybe tomorrow?'

Taeyeon couldn't speak, she just nodded and smiled like an idiot. Minho just nodded, and then he said, 'I'll meet you at lunch tomorrow.' She watched him walk away, and then let out a breath. How was she going to be able to interview him, if she was hardly able to speak around him?! This was a tragedy.

 

'Who was that girl talking to you?' Minho shrugged, pulling off his t-shirt and said, 'Not sure. I guess she's a senior.' Suho beside him, towel dried his hair and he said, 'She was kinda cute. I think she liked you.' Minho didn't respond, but Kai, another freshman said, 'She does! Her name is Taeyeon; I heard she's had a crush on you for a while.' Minho looked at his younger friend and said, 'Did your brother tell you that?' Kai smiled, and said, 'Well, Taemin does have his ear open at all times. But you don't need to listen to rumors to know noona likes you.' Minho shook his head, walking to the showers but inside he thought: 'Is that true? Does an older woman like me?' He knew he was popular, and girls have liked him but he never thought a mature older woman would even think of liking him.

He showered, then he knew he had to make the trek home as his father would be back home tonight. Which would mean he would have to tell him how he had won today, only for his dad to go on about how his older brother is getting on since he went pro. Minho loved his brother, but he was done hearing about him. He walked out of the locker room, got halfway down the hall before he bumped into someone. 'For god sakes!' He helped the person stay up, but they tore their arm away, and he saw a sharp featured face, and heart shaped lips. It was the guy that yelled at him during lunch. 'Oh...sorry. Again.' The older man rolled his eyes, and said, 'Yeah whatever. I suppose throwing balls around makes you unaware of your surroundings.' The guy walked away and Minho watched him and thought the same thing he had whenever he accidently threw the ball at the guys head. 'What a jerk...he's hot though.'