Start Over

Dear Brother

After his little show on the football field, Kibum felt really happy. He had only ever experienced this feeling once in his life. When him and his sister, left their old life behind and moved away from their dads house. That situation was different of course, but still it was a close second. He went into the cafeteria looking for his sister to tell her the news and to discuss outfit options but instead he saw Tiffany sitting on her own, holding a flower in her hand and she was looking awful down. Kibum went over to her, and she looked up at him, 'Oh Kibum!' She got up, wrapping her arms around his neck saying, 'I'm so sorry! I didn't mean what I said, it was really mean. I'm sorry!' Kibum patted her back and he said, 'It's ok noona...can you let up I can't really breathe.' She backed away, still holding onto his hand and she lifted the flower, handing it to him and she said, 'You dropped this. I wanted to give it to you, to say sorry.'

'Thank you noona. Sit down, I have something to say.' He pulled out a chair and he spoke, that massive grin still on his face. 'I went to see Minho. I told him yes.' Tiffany squealed and hugged Kibum again, making him laugh and she said all excited, 'Oh my god! That is so romantic, is that why you went outside?' Kibum nodded, running a a hand over his hair, saying, 'Yeah...I still cannot believe I did it. I even called him my boyfriend.' Tiffany was literally jumping in her chair, holding onto Kibums hand for dear life-she had a good grip too. 'Aww Kibum! Have you told Taeyeon yet?' The young man sat back, and he said, 'No, I was looking for her here actually. If I can pry her away from Jonghyun long enough.'

Just as the words left his mouth, arms went around his neck-why was everyone doing that?-and blond hair blocked his face. 'Noona!! Taeyeon, I can't see!' His sister kissed his cheek, and she sat down beside him, grinning from ear to ear. 'I heard about your little display on the field. Jonghyun told me all about it.' Kibum rolled his eyes, but he was blushing and still smiling. 'Does everyone know now?' His sister was literally glowing as she spoke and Kibum noticed she wasn't wearing her beanie...or her glasses. She looked...different. 'Well, by everyone I mean Onew told Taemin and then he told Jonghyun. So naturally yes, everyone knows.' She smiled and Kibum really couldn't help but smile back and then she looked over his shoulder. 'Oh...here comes your boyfriend.'

Kibum turned around, seeing Minho walking in, a huge goofy grin on his face walking right over to Kibum. As soon as he was close enough he said, 'Hello baby...' He kissed the older man, making the girls making stupid noises like 'ooooooohhhhhh' and then he sat down, taking Kibums other hand. 'So, what are we talking about?' Kibum was really wishing he didn't have an audience right now and his face burned with embarrassment. 'Um...' He looked at his sister and sent her a silent message-praying she got and then she went, 'Tiffany, let's give our love birds a minute. I can see Jonghyun, he's over there.' She grabbed the other and Kibum mouthed, 'Thank you!' She winked at him, leaving him alone with his...boyfriend. It felt kinda nice to say that...even in his head.

'Everything ok baby?' Kibum looked at the man beside him and he almost nearly got lost in those big brown eyes. 'Um...I wanted to apologise first of all. For this morning.' Minho smiled pulling on Kibums arm, so that they sat closer together and he said, 'Don't be. I did catch you off guard...like you did with me.' Minho had this smile on his face that was giving Kibum all kinds of chills and he had butterflies in his stomach. 'Also...I wanted to ask you something. About...what happens after prom.' Minho sat there, looking like he was unsure of where Kibum was going-truth be told, the older didn't know either so he tread carefully. 'After prom? You mean the months in where I spoil you rotten until we graduate?'

'Spoil me rotten? Too little, too late.' Kibum nudged him and then he said, 'Any plans for...after all this? Are you going to college?' 

'Kibum, why are you asking me this?'

'Why are you not answering the question?'

Minho let go of Kibums hand and he said. 'Well if you must know I...I don't plan on going.'

'You're not going to college?' Kibum hadn't meant for the words to come out the way they did, but he couldn't help it. Why would Minho not have a plan?

'No. I'm not.' Minho folded his arms, not looking all goofy and happy anymore and Kibum said, 'And can I ask why not?'

'Why is this so important? Why are you angry? It's not a big deal...' He went to take back Kibums hand, but the older moved it away. 'It's important, because why do you not have anything planned? You gonna get by on your abs?'

'Oh my god...' Minho rolled his eyes, sitting back and then he said, 'I don't need to go, because my father has a place for me on the national team. My future is set.'

'Not with me it's not.' Kibum got up, heading for the door and he knew Minho was following and when the younger man grabbed his wrist he pulled it away. 'What the matter with you? Why is this such a big deal? I mean...' Minho turned Kibum around, holding onto his shoulders and his eyes were all wide. 'When I'm done here, I'm done. I can go and be a great athlete and I can have you.' He touched Kibums cheek and the older knew he should pull away, but he didn't. 'And then what? What happens when you get all 'famous', are you gonna forget about me? Will you be done with me?'

'No...no, oh my god, no!' Minho pulled Kibum into a hug, holding him really tight. 'Is that what was bothering you? Why did you think that?'

'I don't know...' Kibum rested his head on Minhos shoulder and he said, 'Thats what always happens. When my parents divorced...my mom ran off and we were left with our dad.' He held onto Minho and tried to keep his voice even as he spoke, 'He was away all the time. It started off ok, we were still young so we didn't understand. He would leave for a day...then a week. When he disappeared for over three, we gave up. One night he came home...drunk off his .' Kibum wiped his face, feeling years of unshed tears coming back. 'Long story short...we were told, he never wanted us. So we ran away. Thats why I didn't want to get too involved with you.'

Kibum stepped back, wiping at his face again and he said, 'That was why I pulled back. Because once people are done with me...I get cast out.' Minho didn't say anything, he pulled Kibum in and kissed him. Right in the middle of the hallway, surrounded by a lot of people but as soon as their lips touched nothing else mattered. When he pulled away, Minho said, 'Kibum. You are way too special to me for me to ever...cast you aside. Wherever I go...I'm taking you with me...'