Just Say Yes

Dear Brother

Minho couldn't keep the smile off his face all weekend. As soon as he got to school, he was still grinning and he waited outside Kibums locker, holding flowers-pink roses, seeing as pink was his boyfriends favourite colour. That was why he wore pink to their date; he wanted it all to be special because Kibum was special. He waited there, until he saw his gorgeous boyfriend walking in, wearing a white blazer, black shorts with knee high socks and black shiny shoes and he had on a black v-neck shirt underneath. God, he was amazing. Minho watched him, walking down the hall towards his locker and that scarred eyebrow rose up again. 'Whats this?' Minho handed Kibum the roses and kissed his cheek, making him blush. 'I wanted to wish you good morning. I've been thinking about you all weekend.' Kibum smelled the flowers and he smiled saying, 'You're very sweet.'

The older man ran a hand over his dark brown hair-still blushing and he said, 'I've been...thinking about you too.' Minho felt like jumping for joy, and he took Kibums hand. 'Really?' Kibum looked down, going to his locker and getting out his books saying, 'Yes. I had a great time at our date.' He seemed sincere, but it looked to Minho as if Kibum was...sad. What was he sad about? Did Minho do something wrong? 'Are you ok babe? You seem down.' The older looked at him, smiled-it looked forced and he just said, 'Of course I'm fine. Walk with me to class.' He took Minho's arm, the two walking down the hall together-a few people whispered and stared but clearly Kibum didn't care-or he didn't notice. 'Are you sure? Did you not like your flowers?' Kibum smiled again and he patted Minhos shoulder saying, 'No, I loved them. It's just...I have something on my mind I need to talk to you about.'

Before Minho could ask what, he spotted something on the wall: a poster for the upcoming senior prom night. Minho had bought tickets but he hadn't asked Kibum yet-maybe now would be a good time. 'There was...something I wanted to ask you.' He stopped walking and took his boyfriends hand and he said, 'I know we have only been together for a short time, but I really like you Kibum.' The older man eyes still looked sad, but Minho was hopeful that when he asked what he was going to ask, Kibum would smile and hopefully say yes. 'Kibum...will you please, do me the honour of being my date to the prom?' He asked, his heart pounding in anticipation, watching Kibum's reaction. That perfect face went from curious, to surprise and then...he said, 'Minho...we've only been together a week.'

'I know, but I already got tickets-before we met, they were given to the football team a while back and...I hadn't decided who I wanted to bring or even if I wanted to go. But...I met you.' He took a chance, reaching out to touch Kibums cheek-his skin was so soft-waiting for the olders answer. 'I...I have to go to class. Can I think about it?' That wasn't the response Minho was hoping for but, he could give Kibum some time to think-it was still early in the day. 'Sure. Of course. See you at lunch?' Kibum just nodded, and Minho kissed him-lips this time he couldn't resist and then Kibum walked-more like cantered really, he walked fast into his classroom. 'That boy is really unsual...more so today that normal.'

Minho got on with his day, spotting Jonghyun and Taeyeon together, the woman smiling and laughing; she was holding a prom ticket. The golden flash of it almost mocking Minho now. The two of them looked real happy...he put his hands into his pockets, walking over and Jonghyun spotted him, 'Hey! Did you ask him?' Minho nodded and he said, 'I did. But he...said he had to think about it.' Taeyeon looked at him with sympathy and she said, 'Don't worry. Kibum is just...he has a lot on his mind. I'm sure he'll say yes.' Minho nodded, then he spotted his friends-Suho waved at him and he said, 'I have to go.' He walked away, towards his friends and Suho patted his back, 'You ok?'

Minho wanted to say no...but he smiled and said, 'Yeah fine. Let's go to practise...'