Help Me Out

Dear Brother

Taeyeon went home that day, her head reeling from her conversation with Minho-is it a conversation if you barely say anything and just nod your head? She didn't say anything to her brother, he looked a little annoyed and when she asked he just said, 'It's been a long day. I'm gonna go do homework.' Taeyeon left him to it, going to her bedroom-which she used as a dark room most days as her house wasn't big enough for her to have a proper one. Sometimes you have to improve. She got into her space, took out her camera and set up her laptop. As she looked at all the photos, clicking through and just enjoying how she was able to get plenty of shots of Minho from all the angles. Damn, he was perfect. She looked over his amazing body and secretly wept that it wasn't swimming season.

She had to meet him tomorrow. Actually sit and have a conversation with the guy she had been crushing on for over two years...something she never dreamed of doing. She could hardly speak to most people let alone her crush! The thought ran over and over in her mind, her hands beginning to sweat and her heart beating a little faster. She wouldn't be able to do it. Would she be able to just give in the photos she took? 'Ugh...' Taeyeon hung her head in shame, knowing that the editor of the paper nor her teacher would accept that. She needed that interview with the top athlete and she needed that quote.

She needed it, but Taeyeon knew she would not be able to look at Minho or even talk to him. She needed someone to step in for her; it couldn't be Tiffany, she would embarrass her byt flirting with Minho or making Taeyeon look bad. Then, she got the best idea. She got up, without thinking and walked to her brothers bedroom and knocked on the door. 'Kibum?' Taeyeon poked her head into her brothers room, seeing him sitting at his desk tapping away on his laptop. 'Hmm?' That was all the response she got, so she stepped in and said, 'Are you busy?' Kibum kept on tapping and he said, 'Extremely. But I need a break.' He turned his head, letting her come inside and Taeyeon walked over to his bed and sat down.

Kibum's room was so tidy. It made Taeyeon feel uneasy as her room had everything, everywhere. Her closet was nightmare, whereas Kibum's was perfectly tidy with all of his clothes folded and hung up nicely. 'Is there something on your mind?' Kibum closed down his laptop, turning around in his desk chair and Taeyeon said, 'Um...yeah there is one thing. I...spoke to Minho today.' Kibums mouth fell open and he went, 'Oh my god! You spoke to him? What did he say?' Taeyeon played with the blanket on the bed and she said, 'Um...well what happened was, I was taking photos with the paper and...I needed to interview him and I agreed to meet him tomorrow but...Icantdoitsocanyouplease?'

She said the last part real fast and when she looked at her brother he looked confused. 'I'm sorry...what?' Taeyeon sat up and she said, 'I need you to...do the interview for me.'

'You what?'

'Please? You know I won't be able to speak to him! You're better at talking than I am!'

'Noona, you could get into trouble! Anyone saw me, you could fail!'

Taeyeon smiled, and she said, 'But no one will know its not me!' Kibum looked at her like she was damn sure his sister had gone mad and he said, 'No. No, I am not doing that!' Taeyeon grabbed his hand and she said, 'Oh come on! We did it all the time to fool Mom and Dad!' Kibum rolled his eyes and he went, 'That was different! We are not 12 anymore, and that make up you used to cake on me, broke me out so bad! So, again no!' He took his hand away, and Taeyeon got up, and hugged her brother from behind, holding him real tight. 'Please!! Kibummie, please do this for your sister! Come on, you know how much you love me?' Kibum sighed, and he said, 'I do love you, but this is insane. Don't you think that Minho is gonna...' His eyes narrowed and he went, 'Actually I'll not finish that sentence, dude keeps getting hit with a ball everytime I see him.'

'Please Kibum.' Taeyeon said, turning her brothers chair around and saying, 'It is just this once I promise. It's not like its a date and beside it would really help me out.' She gave him a look, she knew he would not be able to resist, pouting her lips and making her eyes all big. 'Oh no...no don't look at me like that!' Kibum covered his face and he went, 'Why you do this?' Taeyeon leaned her head on his shoulder and said. 'Because, I need you. Just do this for me and...I won't ask ever again.' Kibum raised an eyebrow, the one with the scar on it-Taeyeon remembered the day he got that. He was just a baby, and knocked over a plant pot, scratching his eyebrow, it was too small for stitches but he was left with a scar ever since. 'Is that a promise?' Taeyeon smiled, lifting up her pinky finger and said, 'Promise.'

Kibum linked his fingers around his sisters and he said, 'You owe me. Remember that.'

 

The next day, Kibum felt his face being covered in BB cream, and lots of other things he didn't care to know the name of, and a blond wig-generously borrowed from Sunny-placed on his head. 'This is so scary...' Tiffany looked at him, eyes all wide as Sunny and Taeyeon fixed his make up and then his sister placed one of her beanies-he had hit rock bottom-onto his head over the wig. 'Is the hat neccassry?' Taeyeon grinned, Kibum getting a sense that she was enjoying this too much. As soon as Taeyeon had voiced her idea, the other two girls had brought in all their equipment and dragged into the girls bathroom which Kibum was also sure was against the rules. 'Of course. Everyone knows I wear one everyday.' Kibum groaned and said, 'I swear when this is over, I am burning every last one.'

'This is so weird!' Tiffany said again, looking from Kibum to Taeyeon and then Kibum said, 'How do I look?' Taeyeon giggled and went, 'See for yourself.' He walked to the mirrors and he had to admit, it was pretty weird. With his sister right next to him and the blond wig on his head, the twins looked unbelieveably identical. His skin was smooth and clear-more so than usual he did care about his appearance, his eyelashes had masscara on them and pink lipgloss coating his lips, making them look all shiny. The blond hair looked good on him-maybe he should consider going back to blond. Kibum was slightly taller, but he didn't think anyone would see and his shoulders were pretty broad, but then again hopefully no one would notice. 'OK, let's get this over with.' Taeyeon handed her brother a notebook and she said, 'All of the questions I wanted to ask are in there. Just stick to my notes ok?'

Kibum looked it all over, and he said, 'If I can read your writing.' That earned him a nudge to the side but he smiled anyway, tossing the long blond hair on his head. 'Don't do that.' He winked at his sister, Tiffany still staring at him and he walked out saying, 'We can tell Mom when we get home that I'm the prettier sister...'