Same But Different

Dear Brother

'Hey Kibum!' A younger man waved at him, as Kibum walked into his first class. The kid was really cute with jet black hair and an eyesmile that made all the noonas giggle and swoon. Lee Taemin was the cutest guy in school-second only to a certain tall athlete but sadly for the noonas, Taemin was also gay and for a while, the boy had his eye on Kibum. He would follow Kibum around, hold his hand and even kiss his cheek. Kibum found it cute, but really he couldn't find it in his heart to return Taemins feelings.  It wore off after a while, when Taemin met Onew-a senior friend of Minho-and they had been dating for over a year now. Kibum never understood it-why were people in high school so eager to find a partner? Could they not all just enjoy being teenagers? You only had a few years, why waste it?

'Good morning Taemin...' Kibum sat down, and he also noticed another friend of us, coming in: Kim Jonghyun. The guy was silent, kept to himself and always had headphones on and a note pad, where he would write constantly. Jonghyun was a song writer and Kibum could always tell he was very passionate about it. 'Good morning hyung.' Kibum said to him, as he got closer, the older taking off his headphones and looking like a bunny caught in headlights. 'Kibum. Taemin.' The younger smiled and Jonghyun sat down, holding his notebook like it was a diamond. 'Are you still working on your songs?' Jonghyun nodded, blushing slightly and he said, 'Yeah. I uh...didn't see your sister today? Is she in school?'

Oh dear. Another lovestruck monkey. Kibum held in his sarcasm and he said, 'She is in today. She um...had to go meet someone.' Yes, in case it wasn't clear, Jonghyun liked Taeyeon but sadly, Kibum knew his sister had her heart somewhere else. It literally hurt Kibums head thinking about how these people wasted their time, but he was never one to judge. Jonghyun nodded, turning back in his chair, and then Kibum went on with his first class, then his second just concentrating on what he was doing, not thinking about anything else. He saw his sister at lunch, sitting with her three friends-Tiffany, Sunny and Hyeoyeon, three of them looking like hipsters in glasses and beanies whereas Tiffany was wearing a pink tank top and demin skirt with heels. It seemed she was not one to give into the stereotype that people that liked photography and indie music should be wearing clothes that looked like they came out of the thrift store. Kibum could appreciate that.

He sat down, and he caught Tiffany saying, 'I just don't get it! Why is it so hard?' Kibum looked at his twin and he said, 'Is our Tiffany struggling with her math?' The girl in question rolled her eyes, batting Kibum on the arm and she said, 'No! I was talking about her and her man!' Taeyeon flushed bright pink like Tiffanys shirt and she mumbled, holding her camera, 'I don't have a man.' Kibum felt for his sister, he patted her hand and said, 'Tiffany what about you? Are you looking to...have a man?' The other woman blinked a few times and she said, 'Um...well no, not really. I was just thinking of my friend thats all.' Kibum knew that, but for the sake of his sister, he changed the subject. 'You girls take any good shots today?'

Taeyeon shot him a grateful smile and then Sunny said, 'We did actually. We went out to the football field, got some nice shots of the boys training.' Kibum smiled, Sunny handing him the camera and he went, 'Wow. I see the Choi Minho Fan Club was in full swing today.' This time his sister batted his arm but he saw she was smiling. Her crush was no secret-maybe just to Minho himself-but no one ever judged her as well, nearly the entire school had their eyes on Minho aswell. Well, maybe not Kibum, but nearly everyone else. He talked more with his sister, then Taemin came over which distracted Tiffany, as she fussed over him as all the other noonas did but Taemin wasn't budging, as he was waiting for Onew to arrive.

Once he did, Taemin had all his attention on his boyfriend, and it was all Kibum could do but not let his lunch come back out. 'Ok. Well, this is fun but I have somewhere to be.' He stood up, about to head out to his next class, even though he had fifteen minutes to spare. Taeyeon stood with him and she said, 'Thanks.' Kibum looked at her and said, 'For what?' His sister nudged him saying, 'You know for what.' Kibum did know, but it was nice to hear it anyway; he knew his sister hated it when people , even if it was just in fun. She just wasn't the type to take it lightly, it was just who she was. 'Don't worry about it. Although...she did have a point.' Kibum hugged his sister, seeing Taemin and Onew giving everyone some very unneeded PDA and said into her ear, 'But dear god, do not ever do that in front of me, or I will shove your beanie in your mouth.'

Taeyeon nodded and she said, 'Oh, you never need to worry about that.' Kibum left her to it, walking out of the cafeteria and headed down the somewhat quiet hallway, and he was halfway down, when something hit him on the back of the head. 'OW!' He cried out, seeing a football, rolling over the floor in front of him and he looked at it like it was a dirty insect. 'Sorry!' A deep voice said, and Kibum turned around, ready to give whoever it was a few good choice words, when his tongue stopped working. Choi Minho ran up to him, looking embarrassed and he said, 'I'm sorry. My friend was trying to toss me this. His aim isn't very good.' Kibum narrowed his eyes and willed his tongue to work and he said, 'Well maybe you apes shouldn't be throwing your balls around the place. Someone could get hurt.' The younger man looked him over and he said, 'A little harsh. It was just a bump to the head.'

Kibum forced a smile, picking up the football and said, 'Indeed it was. But be sure to be careful.' He shoved the thing at Minho, the younger grunting as it hit his stomach. 'I'm sure your head couldn't get any less empty than it is now. But as you said...it was just a bump.' He his heel walking away the throbbing at the back of his skull, only fueling his bad temper. Amazing. If he were Taeyeon, she would almost apologise. No, not almost, she would damn sure apologise. She would giggle and tell him, no it was not his fault. How could two people, who looked so alike...be so different?