All A Game?

Dear Brother

Minho really didn't know what to do. He felt like he had to get over there, and talk to Taeyeon or...whoever she is right now. But for some reason, his legs wouldn't work, he was stuck to the spot staring right ahead. The man standing behind Taeyeon looked almost exactly like her, if it weren't for his broad shoulders or his...sharp looking jaw line. He had to be her brother...aww what was his name again? God, he was attractive. Taeyeon was cute but this guy...he was another level. He stood tall, looked down at everyone like he was above them all-which maybe he was. Minho blinked, snapping out of it and ducking behind a locker watching them. Would going over there be worth it? What if he went over there and they laughed at him?

Was it all a joke? Did Taeyeon send in her brother to 'interview' him to make him look bad? Would she even do that? He looked at them again, seeing them getting closer and he turned away, hoping they didn't see him. As they got closer, he got out his phone pretending to text and he heard them talking:

'Noona, it is over 80 degrees, how are you wearing that hat?'

'Kibum, give over! It's not the wooly one!' Oh, so that was his name. Minho turned his head, wathcing them walk away Taeyeon patting her brother on the shoulder before heading down the hall, with two other girls-one of which was wearing a ridiculous amount of pink. He watched Kibum for a while, and then he just went for it. He walked towards him, but then someone grabbed his arm, 'Minho!' He turned, seeing Suho behind him looking panicked, 'Dude, where the hell have you been?! Practise started five minutes ago!' Minho looked at his friend, then at Kibum-who was now gone, disappeared into the crowd. 'Dude, are you coming?' Minho sighed, heading on behind Suho, feeling defeated. He would just have to wait until lunch...

 

He got through practise, then at lunch he ran for the cafeteria, hoping to see Kibum somewhere. He had no idea what he was going to say...but he just knew he had to talk to him some more. Minho searched around the room, students getting in his way, several cheeleaders waving at him but he just ignored them. 'Ugh, you'd think they had better stuff to'OOF!' Someone knocked into Minho from behind, making the athlete loose his footing and as he fell someones lunch was soon on his face. He was covered in spaghetti and meat sauce...not the best way to fall. 'Oh my god! Are you ok?' Minho wiped his face, blinking only to see the one person he was looking for: Kibum looked him over, like he was something found on the road.

'Hello? Did you hear me?' The older man stood over him, his lips all pursed together and his eyebrow raised. Minho couldn't help it, he grinned-despite having someone's lunch all over him. 'It's you!' He stood up, meatballs falling off him and Kibum stepping back saying, 'That's gross!' Minho looked at himself, his jacket ruined but he didn't really care. He looked at Kibums outfit-he was in all black, hair slicked back showing off sharp cheekbones and those eyes...so beautiful. Even if they were looking at him like he was nuts. 'Did you hit your head?' Minho shook his head, and he said, 'No...I was...I was looking for you.' Kibum reached out, taking a piece of spaghetti out of Minhos hair and said, 'Well, I guess you found me.'

Minho couldn't stop grinning and he said, 'Should we talk?' Kibum looked at the crowd who had decided they all wanted to watch-and he went, 'I don't think he meant you humans...away with you!' They all dispersed and Minho said, 'I'm sorry about this. Why do we always bump into each other?' Kibum reached into his bag and lifted out some wipes, 'You have to watch where you're going. Here.' He handed Minho one and said, 'I won't talk to someone who is covered in food, we're not in kindergarten anymore.' Did he really carry these in there? Minho thought as he dabbed at his face and he went, 'Thanks. These smell good.' Kibum smiled-it was small but it was there and then Minho said, 'I was looking for you because...I know it was you.I know you did it and it's ok.'

'I'm sorry, what did I do?' Minho smiled, pulling the older over to a table and said, 'I know it was you yesterday! The 'interview'?' Kibum sat there, really looking like he would rather be anywhere else but Minho pressed on, 'I understand ok? You don't have to hide anymore.' Kibum sat back, folding his arms and he went, 'You must have hit your head. Because you're talking crap.' Minho opened his mouth and the words that came out were to be nice but...maybe not. Just keep reading. He said, 'I just mean you didn't need to hide beyond your sister like that! You only had to tell me you liked me. And I don't blame you.' He sat back, a cocky smile on his face as he spoke, 'I'm handsome, I'm popular. And when my dad retires, I have lots of money! So for now, I'll let you hang with me. You're already hot, so all you need is me to get you popular.'

Minho didn't see it coming. Kibum sat there in silence and then next thing, the dude was laughing. Like full on CACKLING like a witch, holding onto his sides, unable to breathe it looked like kind of laughter. 'Oh...oh my god!' He held onto the table, tears in his eyes and he fanned himself, trying to calm down but it looked like he was unable to stop. 'You...you thought I did all that yesterday because...HA HA HA! Because I liked you?!' Minho nodded, feeling really unsure of what was happening and it only made the older man laugh more. 'Oh man...ok, first off all.' Kibum dabbed at his eyes, and then he spoke, still chuckling, 'You need to get over your damn self ok, I did not do all that because of some undying crush! I was helping my sister, not hiding behind her.'

Minho was now feeling really embarrassed and he said, 'Well...you can hardly blame me for thinking that.' Kibum looked at him like a mother would a child who tried on their fathers clothes and her make up before saying, 'Sweetie, you're cute and all, but I hardly need anything you can offer me to get popular.' The older stood, swining his bag onto his shoulder. 'If what you say is true, and you do like me then get it out of your head. My sister is my best friend and I won't do that to her. No matter how nice your arms are...' He walked-or rather sashayed away his hips swaying and all Minho could think about was the fact that Kibum said he had nice arms...