Just Say Yes Part 2

Dear Brother

'You ok over there?' Kibum didn't look up, but he knew that Tiffany could tell something was going on. She was annoyingly persceptive that way. 'Of course. Painting fruit is what I live for.' He dabbed more paint onto his brush and figured she would let it go, but Tiffany clearly would not. 'You sure? I saw what happened with Minho earlier.' Of course. The older girl wanted the gossip as she always did. Kibum sighed, and finally looked at her, seeing her sly smile and her eyes. 'Having trouble in paradise?' Kibum raised an eyebrow and he went, 'No. I don't see how its any of your business.' Tiffany pouted and she carried on painting, then she said, 'I only wanted to help. Has he not asked you to prom?' That damned word again. Kibum went to get another brush and came back saying, 'He did ask me. But I...I haven't given him an answer yet.'

'Why ever not?' The girl said loudly, but then she quietened down when the teacher looked over, 'He likes you. You like him. And prom is like the highlight of the year, you have to go.' Kibum could feel a headache coming on and he tried his best to keep his breathing even, 'I did not say I didn't want to go. But...it's too soon, we have only been on one real date.' Saying it out loud, it sounded logical but inside him somewhere, Kibum knew that he was just making excuses. He wanted to go, of course he did! As much he hated even to admit it inwardly, Tiffany was right; prom was the highlight of the year and one thing that he had really wanted to do, to make his senior year more special was to have his picture taken with a special prom date. Be treated like a prince for one night.

'Why don't you say yes? I know you want to.' Kibum looked at Tiffany again, 'Because like I said, it is too soon.' He went on working, not wanting to look at Tiffany anymore and then once class was over she said, 'I don't believe that's the reason.' Kibum kept walking, trying to shake her off but clearly Tiffany was not ready for giving up. 'Really?' He got to his locker and fished around inside, getting more books out, and in his haste he knocked out the flowers Minho gave him that morning. 'Aww...' Tiffany picked them up, and looked at Kibum saying, 'Did he give you these?' Kibum snatched them back and he said, 'Yes. Yes he did.' He put them back and then Tiffany went over a line, 'So thats it? You get the guy, he takes you out, buys you something and you don't give anything back? Wow.' Kibum glared at her and he said, 'You know nothing noona.' He slammed his locker shut and he said, 'And that was uncalled for.'

He turned around, walking down the hall in the opposite direction he was supposed to go and he kept going, until he got outside into the football field. He was going to show everyone-show Tiffany that he was not a gold digger. And that he was not a user. He didn't need to try hard to find Minho, he was the tallest and the fastest on the track. 'MINHO!' He called out, the tall guy spotting him, then before he could get closer, Kibum strode over, ignoring all the other dumb athletes staring at him. He already knew his legs looked good in his shorts he didn't need to acknowledge anyone else. 'Kibum? Is...everything ok?' The older man folded his arms and he said, 'Is that invite to prom still open?' Minho stood blank for a second and then he smiled, 'Of course. Do you...have your answer?'

'Yes. My answer is yes. And you better not make me regret it. Ok?' Kibum raised his eyebrow-he saw Minhos face everytime he did it, he knew he liked it and smiled a tiny bit. Minhos face went bright red but he kept eye contact and smiled back, 'Don't worry. I won't.' Having said what he wanted, Kibum stood back looking at all the others and he snapped, 'Do you apes mind averting your eyes?' He turned back to Minho, that y smile still on his face, 'I want to kiss my boyfriend...' He saw Minhos eyes widen before he grabbed the big idiot and kissed him smack on the mouth. He pulled away, and had to laugh at the look on Minhos face...he looked so surprised. 'You just called me your boyfriend.'

'Like I said...don't make me regret it.'