Tell Me About It

Dear Brother

After Jonghyun dropped her off, Taeyeon ran inside with the biggest smile on her face. 'Kibum-ah! Kibum? Are you home yet?' She looked all around the house, finally finding her brother on the couch, curled up under a blanket with a glass of wine in one hand and a book on his lap. 'Bummie?' He turned his head, and she noticed as well he was wearing a face mask. 'Noona. You enjoy your date?' Taeyeon came over, sitting down beside him and she said, 'Yeah...it was amazing. What about you? Tell me about yours.' She reached over, taking his wine glass and his eyes moved-he did have a mask on, how long he was wearing it Taeyeon wasn't sure and he said, 'Oh sure, don't feel the need to pour one for yourself.'

'You know we always share.' She took a sip of wine letting Kibum speak first and...he was blushing. She had never seen that look in her brothers eyes before...he must have had some night. 'Well, Minho surprised with a picnic in the park.' Taeyeon snuggled closer to him and she said, 'Has the blanket seen anything innappropriate?' Kibum nudged her, his face bright red now under his mask and he said, 'No! It was perfectly nice. We ate-he packed some low carb bread as he knew I was on a diet and wine.' Taeyeon nodded, taking another sip and everyone knew, you could not go wrong with good wine. 'Then we...looked at the stars for a while and talked.' The woman looked at her brother again and she smiled, 'Just talking?' Kibum raised an eyebrow, gently removing his mask, his skin all dewy and he said, 'Yes. Just talking. So come on then...' He took back his wine glass and said, 'Tell about your date with dino face...'

'You don't call him that to his face do you?'

'Of course I do, now spill.'

Taeyeon rolled her eyes kicking off her shoes and she said, 'We went to this really cute sushi place and then the planetarium. Remember how I always used to bag on dad to take me?' Kibums face fell a little bit and he spoke quietly, 'Yes. When you weren't chasing me with a camera, you were staring at the moon.' Taeyeon rested her head on Kibums shoulder and she said, 'Can you believe this? The two of us...finally with boyfriends? Three months before...' She sat up, the twins looking at each other with the same sad, shocked look on their faces. 'Three months before college.' They sat on the couch, both thinking about their dates and how perfect they were...just the perfect way to finish high school. 'Don't be worried noona.' Taeyeon blinked, looking at her brother whos face looked very determined. 'We can make the last few months work. There isn't any need to be sad about anything.'

'Isn't there? We finally find some form of happiness after...after...' The girls eyes started to sting, and then Kibums arm went around her and pulled her in, hugging her tightly. 'We don't need them. We never did. Mom and dad, we didn't need them, just like they decided they didn't need us. Tonight, I know you had a fun time. I did too.' Taeyeon snuggled closer to her brother and he carried on, his voice soft. 'But we have move on in the end noona. We can't be like the others. After graduation...we go to New York like we planned. You to take pictures for a big hit newspaper and me to pound the pavement outside Vogue.' Taeyeon lifted her head, wiping her cheeks and she said, 'You're right. We enjoy this while we can...and then we go. Nothing else matters...'