You Seem Different

Dear Brother

Kibum was not having a good day. He was wasting his lunch hour sitting in the cafeteria, stomach growling-why did he not just get food?-and the damn wig on his head was making his head itch and he could feel his make up sweating off his face. Was it always so hot in here? Ugh, his sister owed him big time. 'Sorry I'm late.' A deep voice said behind him, and a huge gym bag fell on the table in front of him. Kibum pushed it off, looking Choi Minho in the eye and he said, 'You should be. Lunch hour is almost over.' Minho stopped and looked at him with a weird look on his face and Kibum raised an eyebrow. 'What?' Minho blinked a few times and he went, 'Taeyeon noona...Do you have sore throat? Your voice sounds weird.'

Oh crap. He was supposed to be his sister. Kibum cleared his throat and put on his best imitation of his sisters light, cute voice and he said, 'I'm fine. Let's just get this done ok? I'm starving.' Minho smiled, and said, 'I got you Tae.' Did he just...Kibum watched as the man reached into his bag and tossed an apple over to him grinning. 'I got you an apple. You remember that day we met right noona?' Kibum resisted all the laws of physics by not rolling his eyes and he picked up the apple saying, 'Sure I do. Anyway...along with the interview.' He flipped open Taeyeons notebook, and read out her writing, 'OK. When did you start getting into sports?' Ugh god, the most basic of all the questions. Minho sat back, looking Kibum over and the older man was really ready to punch something.

'Ever since I was a kid, You remember noona. I was always playing around with you when we were kids.' He nudged Kibum again and the older clenched his jaw, carrying on. 'Interesting. You are the captain of nearly every team so...how do you manage to find time to relax?' Minho leaned forward, resting his chin on his hand, still looking at Kibum in a way that made the older wanna punch him but by the grace of God he resisted. 'Oh you know, honestly doing it all helps me relax. All that running around...' Minho stretched, which Kibum was sure was an attempt at a flirtation but he just looked like an overgrown ape. And judging by the smell, he had not hit the shower so he stank like one too. 'Really helps my body calm down.'

Kibum scribbled down some stuff but he made a mental note to himself, 'This guy is a caveman. Cannot see what noona sees in him.' He forced a smile and asked his last question, 'Anyway, last thing I'm sure everyone wants to know...do you every find time to date?' Kibum felt his breakfast coming back just asking that, but his sister would have killed him had he not. Minho blushed a little, and he looked down saying, 'Um...not really. Coach keeps us all on a tight schedule.' He looked at Kibum and said, 'I mean, I've maybe gone a few dates with some people but...those girls were too immature.' Kibum raised an eyebrow, feeling the gossip inside him getting excited. Or maybe it was his low blood sugar.

'Oh really? Sorry to hear that.' Minho shrugged and then he did the unthinkable: he scooted closer to Kibum, who in turn backed away and he said, 'I prefer older women anyway.' He reached out, taking Kibums hand-if he moved a centimetre closer, Kibum really was going to punch him. 'I always thought you were really pretty noona.' Kibum pulled his hand away, moving his chair away saying, 'Oh well thanks. Listen I um...thank you for your time. I best get going.' He got up, grabbing his sisters notebook but then he saw something...'Nice jewellery.' Minho looked down at the silver bracelet over his wrist and he said, 'Oh thanks. It's my lucky bracelet. My mom gave it to me.' Kibum had no idea why he was so interested but hey, when accessories were involved...'Did she now? So...do you wear that at every event?' Minho nodded, looking at him fondly and then back up at Kibum, 'No one ever noticed it. I was always embarrassed to tell anyone why...does that sound stupid?'

Kibum felt something...he had no idea what but his stomach did a little flip when he saw the cocky althete fade away, and he saw a glimpse of the real person. 'No. It's not stupid. I'm sure your mother is real proud of how well you're doing.' He blinked, silently blaming his empty stomach and he said, 'Anyway. Thank you, for your time.' He began to walk away, but then he felt Minho grab his hand. 'Noona. Can I ask you something?' Kibum turned back around and Minho's deep eyes were wide and intense...'Will you...like to go out with me sometime?' Kibum stood there really unsure of what to say, and that was a lot as Kibum always had something to say. 'I...' He his lips, and stood straight, pulling his arm back. 'I...' Taeyeon had always liked this guy...and here he was, asking her-well not really her but he thought that it was her-on a date. If Kibum said no...his sister wouldn't forgive him.

Noona, he thought to himself, you owe me so much. He took a breath and said, 'I'll...think about it.' Minho smiled and he said, 'Good. Here, take my number.' He took the pen from Kibums hand and wrote his phone number on the notebook. 'Call me. Ok? Promise?' Kibum pushed him away and he said, 'Fine, whatever. But word of advice: when entertaining a lady...bring more than an apple ok?' Kibum walked away, looking down at the phone number on the notebook and he put it inside his locker, then texted his sister:

'I did it. You owe me.'

'OMG THANK YOU! I love you so much right now!'

'Yeah whatever. I missed lunch and I might be too tired to cook tonight so...you're buying pizza.'

'You're the best Kibum! Come and meet me later outside so we can talk. BTW, Sunny says she wants her wig back...and that it better not be tangled.'

Kibum texted his sister back, telling her where Sunny could put her tangled weave and then headed to the boys room-making sure no one was around and took off the wig, then washed his face. As he stepped out, he ran right into Minho. How many times was this guy going to get in his way?! 'Oh...sorry hyung.' Minho was looking behind Kibum towards the boys room and he said, 'I thought I saw your sister go by here...' Kibum was too tired and he said, 'She's in class. And I think you've taken up enough of her time. Good day sir.' He pushed past him and marched down the hall, trying to ignore how his heart was racing...