Just A Little Crush

Dear Brother

'Noona! We're gonna be late!' Taeyeon came down the stairs, pulling her blonde hair up into a pony tail to meet her brother downstairs. Kibum was so real dressed today as he always was. He had on ripped jeans, white t-shirt with a red plaid shirt over it, but he always seemed to make it look like he was about to do a photo shoot. His black hat and sunglasses just made it all better. Apart from their hair colour-Kibum loved to dye his hair and this month his was dark brown, the twins were near enough identical. On the outside. Inside, Taeyeon was painfully shy, with really only two real friends and Kibum was the one that was popular, with a huge crowd of friends that followed him everywhere. He was a trendsetter at their high school...Taeyeon never minded. She liked who she was, and she never resented Kibum one bit.

'Why don't you ever let me do your hair? It looks so much nicer down.' Another thing about her brother...he was always brutally honest. Kibum was the type of person that if he saw something and had an opinion about it, you can be damn sure you would hear about it. Whether you liked it or not. Taeyeon would always just smile and she said, 'I can hardly take good pictures if my hair is blowing into my face.' Taeyeon loved photography, the first time her dad bought her a second hand camera she was so excited and Kibum let her take all the photos of him, until the film ran out. 'Can I have a quick snap before we go?' She said lifting her camera bag and she saw that smile on her brothers face and then he said, 'OK. Just one...and then we gotta go.' Taeyeon held her camera up, snapped a few shots and Kibum, the ever vain young man he was posed for her.

'Come on now noona, we're gonne be late.' He took her hand, the two walking out to their shared car-the only thing they really did share and after a little bicker over who should drive-Taeyeon usually won but Kibum was taller and he grabbed the keys out of her hand, then they drove to school. ASC High...Taeyeons emotional hell. She was so shy and...didn't talk much, hiding behind her glasses and her camera all the time. She was lucky to have her brother, he would do all the talking and she could just sit in the back. Kibum was her Brother Bodyguard-he kept anyone away that would dare make fun of her, with his sharp tongue and a snap of his fingers. Once they arrived, they got out of the car, Taeyeon holding onto her brothers arm letting him go on and on, about why that girls outfit is nothing but a cry for help and why do jocks have to bump into each other all the time? He grinned and went, 'Oh...there he is.'

Taeyeon turned her head, and then she saw him: Choi Minho. The most popular, most handsome guy in the entire school. He was the star player of every sports team there was and Taeyeon had the biggest crush on him...ever since he gave her his apple during kindergarten when some bullies stole her lunch. He was tall, with floppy brown hair and a smile that belonged in a toothpaste commercial. She watched him, as he high fived his friends, laughing away. 'Are you gonna talk to him today?' Taeyeon looked at her brother, seeing that knowing smirk on his face and she said, 'I don't have time.' She walked inside, keeping her head down like always and Kibum followed after her saying, 'I think you should. He's cute, you're cute. Why won't you talk to him?'

Taeyeon got to her locker and said, 'I can't. He's...popular. He wouldn't want to be seen with me.' Kibum leaned against the lockers, rolling his eyes and he said, 'I'm popular! You don't think that about me!' Taeyeon looked at Kibum and said, 'You're my brother! He's...different.' She slammed her locker shut and said, 'I have to go meet Tiffany now. I'll see you at lunch.' She kissed her brothers cheek and headed off down the hall, knowing he was watching her with that sad look on his face. Taeyeon wasn't ashamed of who she was, she was not the type to go up to handsome guys and tell them she liked them. She was the type to take photos of things and people, landscapes that moved her...that was what brought her happiness.

Choi Minho was just a high school crush. She wasn't going to waste time on it...not anymore.