First Date

Dear Brother

Kibum had changed his outfit three times and yet still he couldn't decide. He had showered, shaved, got his hair fixed up, put on some light make up and now he was trying to figure out his outfit, but he was having no luck. His entire bed was covered in every single shirt he owned and he stood in front of it all, wearing only his jeans-no shoes because how could he choose when he couldn't decide which bloody shirt to wear! Minho was due to come and pick him up in half an hour and he was freaking out. 'Kibum? Kibum, I need your help!' His bedroom door opened and there was his sister, her hair all down, eyes wide and just all round looking frazzled. Kibum would have laughed had he not been in such a prediciment himself. 'Noona, I really don't have time. I'm in a crisis.' Taeyeon came in anyway, looking at all the clothes on her brothers bed and she said, 'Well I am too! I have a date with Jonghyun tonight and I have nothing to wear!'

Kibum turned around, suddenly a lot more interested and also not quite sure what he heard, 'You have a date?' Taeyeon looked down, playing with a strand of her blond hair and said, 'Yes.'

'With whom?'

'With Jonghyun. From school.'

'Since when are you two a thing?'

'Well...he told me that he liked me so...I figured since Minho is unavailable-'

'So you're settling for him?'

Taeyeon looked up, her face a picture of shock and she said, 'No! No, thats not it! I told you I was over...' She caught the smirk on Kibums face and that earned him a smack on the arm. 'You are so mean sometimes!' She said, a tiny smile on her lips and Kibum said, 'I am happy for you. Jonghyun is a nice guy.' Taeyeon went to sit but Kibum pulled her back saying, 'Don't you dare, I'm trying to choose one.' His sister stood up, looked over the pile of shirts and then picked up one-a light pink sweater and she said, 'Wear this one. Goes with your light brown hair.' Kibum took it, looked at it in the mirror with his dark blue jeans and said, 'Not to mention my skin tone...' Taeyeon folded her arms looking very proud of herself and she said, 'I know some things.'

'I suppose you do...' Kibum pulled the sweater on and then his phone went off...and the song that played was 'You Are My Sunshine.' The man looked at his phone as if it was the devil, Minho's picture on the screen-a selfie the goofball insisted on taking one day because as he put it, 'I want my smile to be something you remember.' What an idiot. A cute idiot. But still an idiot. Taeyeon giggled, picking the phone up and she said, 'You may as well take it.' Kibum took it off her, and when he answered Minho's voice went, 'Kibummie!! I'm almost there to pick you up. Are you ready?' The older man was almost tempted to say, 'I can't go out...I'm sick.' But he didn't, instead he said, 'Yes I am ready. And I told you not to call me that!'

'I can't help it. It was either that or Kitty!'

'I swear to god, you ever call me Kitty....'

'See you in five minutes boo!'

Kibum hung up, his sister looking at him all proud and misty eyed. 'Don't you need to get ready?' She jumped up and she went, 'Oh god, what do I wear?!' Kibum rolled his eyes, and lead her out into her room, lifted out a light blue dress from her closet and said, 'Wear this. Goes with your blond hair. You'll look like Alice.' She smiled at that, Kibum knowing she liked being compared to their favourite Disney character. 'Thanks...Bummie!' That got her a pillow to the face and Kibum went out going, 'Where does that even come from? Do you people enjoy tormenting me?!' He grabbed his phone and wallet, heading downstairs seeing Minho's huge Jeep outside, the younger man hopping out and he was holding flowers. Kibum opened the door, and Minho was standing there...wearing a ing pink t-shirt. 'Oh! We match!' Kibum looked him up and down before saying, 'I'll be back.' He raced upstairs, switched his pink sweater for a red one and headed back down. 'Why did you do that?'

'I had my reasons...' Kibum said, and then Minho handed him the flowers which were pink roses. 'Aww...thank you.' The older man lead him inside, so he could place them in water. While he did, he could feel Minho watching him and then he asked him. 'So, where are we going?' Minho smiled as Kibum set the flowers down and he said, 'It's a surprise.' He took Kibums hand and as they walked out the older said, 'Can I not get a hint?' Minho shook his head, opening the car door letting Kibum in and the older asked again, 'One hint? Please?' He put on his cutest face, but it seemed like Minho wasn't budging, 'No. No way, you have to wait.' Kibum had never had anyone surprise him before-no one could ever get him, even his sister tried at their last birthday but he was onto her. Now, on this date he had no idea, because Minho was giving nothing away.

'So...I hear Taeyeon-noona has a date tonight too?' Kibum sat up straight and he said, 'Did everyone know that apart from me?'

'Jonghyun-hyung told me. I just thought you knew!'

'Well he said nothing to me...' Minho looked at him and he said, 'Don't pout. You'll get frown lines.' Kibum narrowed his eyes and went, 'Just drive...' He did, but Kibum caught him smirking. He still had no idea where they were going and when Minho turned into a park, and then parked the car he began to piece it together. 'What is happening?' Minho helped him out, his strong arms pulling him close and he said, 'I wanted our first date to be special. Not just a plain resturant or a movie. Because you're special to me.' He took the older mans hand, leading him around the car and opened the trunk and inside was a picnic basket. 'Wow. That's kinda...sweet.' Minho grinned and lifted out the basket saying, 'I am sweet. Now come on...' Still holding Kibum's hand, he lead him into the park, out into a wide green area, opened the basket and lifted out a blanket. There was another one in there, but the evening was nice and warm, Kibum doubted they would need it right now. He sat down, and Minho began lifting out tupperware boxes with sandwiches in them and one had salad.

'I know you're on that no carb thing, but this is low carb bread. And I made sure to include a salad-with no cuccumber as I know you said they are better used for facials.' Kibum smiled, taking a sandwich from Minho and gently biting into it-ham and mustard...though not too much as Kibum hated making a mess. 'Here you go...' Minho opened a flask, pouring out some iced tea and handed Kibum a cup. 'Thank you. I've never had a date like this before.' Minho grinned and he said, 'You've never been on a date with me before. You better get used to being spoiled...'