Chapter 33

Can you save me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(3 years later)

 

Day 1295

 

Author POV

 

“Woohyun, congratulations, yet another song topped the charts! Good work!” One of the pianists commented when she saw Woohyun walked pass.

“Oh? Is it? Which song?” Woohyun asked.

“Hand in hand, the one you you gave Zoey, it suits her so much that her song top the charts even prior to her album sales. By the way, she wanted to invite you to the party her company is organizing for her to celebrate her first ever win, so are you in?” She asked Woohyun who seemed to be deep in thoughts.

“Tonight you say?” He confirmed again.

“Yeap. So?” She waited for his answer.

“I am catching a midnight plane back to South Korea, didn’t I told you this morning?” He frowned.

“Oh right! Well, then it can’t be help, I will pass the message to Zoey for you!” The pianist smiled.

Woohyun walked passed the recording room when someone stopped him again, “Hey Woohyun, congratulations! Flash news from Japan, Mina won first with your song!” The lady smiled at him.

Woohyun smiled contentedly to himself before asking, “Love me? Is that the song?”

“Yep, you got it right! The first time you are able to link a singer to the song you wrote for them! Wow!” She teased.

“That’s because that was one of my favourite song!” Woohyun flashed a smile before bidding farewell.

Just when he was about to reach the airport, a text came in that reads: Jaemin aced it! Top with your song again! Well done!

Woohyun smiled at the text. Throughout the past 3 years, he has composed so many songs, out of all, so many failed initially that he almost gave up. He even thought that maybe he should just follow the path his father set up for him and just take over the company. But it was the thought of Chorong that made him persevere on. He thought of how there is never the word give up in Chorong’s dictionary. If she can do this much for him, why can’t he? Plus this is for himself, it is not for anyone, it is his dream. He would thought of how they parted in the airport where Chorong said to wait for him to come back as a better man. Because of all those thoughts, he survived. He fought through the failures and finally came to where he is today. Now, he is already a globally known songwriter who can compose soul-stirring songs where many singers are willing to pay high price for. It’s been a long way from where he began and now, he can’t be any happier with his current life but one more thing would just make it perfect. He just can’t wait to go back to where he belonged, to hold the love of his life in his arms once again, he missed her so much.

 

***

 

“Chorong, you did it, we are all so proud of you, I am sure Woohyun will be too.” Mr Nam gave Chorong a hug.

Today marks Chorong’s presidential inauguration of the Nam company. Finally, after working with Mr Nam for 3 years, her management skills are finally acknowledged, not only by Mr Nam himself but also by all the employees of the company.

She smiled at Mr Nam’s comment, “Abeoji, thank you. It’s all thanks to your patient guidance and your belief in me, without you, I would never have come this far.” She replied humbly.

“Well I think otherwise. In fact, it’s the power of love that keeps you moving forward, never underestimate the power of love. Anyway, when is my son coming back?” Mr Nam asked.

“The last time I heard from him, he said he will be back in about a week’s time, I will contact him again to confirm. By the way abeoji, did you perhaps see his news on TV?” She asked her future father in law.

“Well, his songs slayed the charts again didn’t it?” He smiled.

Chorong smiled at Mr Nam’s words, “Are you proud of him?” She asked.

“About that, I would like to thank you Chorong, you believed in him more than I do, you trusted his ability three years ago and begged me to give him a chance while I doubted my own son. I am proud of him, and you, child.” He smiled.

“Abeoji, whatever you planned ahead for Woohyun is all for his own good. I know it and I am sure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter