Chapter 20

Can you save me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day 111

 

Chorong POV

 

What a hangover… Just how much did I drink yesterday? As weird as it may sound, although I was dead drunk but I could still remember most of the things I did last night.  But then again, was it a dream or did it really happened? That’s a question to ponder. I remembered all the things I said to Woohyun. Never am I going to drink again… Alcohol really do give a person an extra pinch of courage. I still can’t believe I said all those weird stuff to him, damn it, how am I going to face him… Please just let him forget whatever I have said last night… And the kiss, did it really happened? Or was it a dream? Whatever it is, there is no point regretting my actions now, damage has been done. I sighed.

Suddenly, there was a commotion out of nowhere. I am in the sport stadium, sitting on one of the stadium seats, watching the basketball match. I can’t seemed to identify the source of the commotion. I could only see a group of girls pointing and screaming at the basketball court. Curious, I looked down then I saw him, Woohyun. What is he doing here? He looked around and saw me then he started walking towards me. Part of me was really happy to see him but then another part of me was still embarrassed about last night. Should I run away? Like right now?

“Hi...” I greeted him awkwardly, “What are you doing here?” It was too late to run.

He bent down to meet my eye level, so his face ended up really near mine, just inches away, he said, “I am here to make you responsible for what you said the other day.”

Damn it… What does he meant by that? Was it something I said when I was drunk last night? Maybe I said something offensive or unpleasant and now he is upset. Is he going to break up with me or something? But we were not even together to be breaking up. Or is he going to say he doesn’t want me as his fiancee anymore? I was too distracted thinking about all the possibilities when he interrupted me.

“Look at me when I am talking to you.” His words shocked me and I immediately turned back to face him, “Sorry...” I apologized.

He is so unreadable. He doesn’t look angry but why does he sound angry?

“Do you have anything to say to me?” He asked.

“What?” Great, now I feel like a 5 year old kid who has done something wrong and is now being interrogated by my father.

I shouldn’t let this silence last any longer, so I tried to think of something to say, “Erm, shouldn’t you be practicing? Look around! You have so many supporters! Don’t let them down and don’t let me down!” I faked a laugh.

He continued to look at me and not saying anything. Did I say something wrong?

Maybe I should rephrase the last part in case he gets angry at my words, “I mean… I am your dance instructor you know, so you can’t let me down...That’s what I meant when I said that...” Right after I have finished my sentence, he leaned in.

His hands wrapped around my nape and the next thing I knew, our lips are touching. He smooches gently on my lips before pulling away.

I looked at him, shocked, and the only thing that came out of my mouth was, “Is this… Is this a mistake as well?”

He chuckled at my words before giving me another peck on my forehead, “You said you are going to break my walls, you have to be responsible for what you said, don’t you?” He said as he pulled away.  

I was still in shock.

He chuckled at my reaction before adding on, “Wait for me at the gates after lesson today, I want to bring you somewhere.” With that, he walked off.

He turned around again when he was a few feets away, “Yes...” He said.

“W...what?” I blurted out.

Why is he always saying something out of nothing? Am I supposed to guess what is he saying yes to?

“Regarding the questions you asked on the car last night, my answer is yes... ” He smiled again and this time, really disappears into the crowd.

Oh my god… Out of everything, how can I forget what I said in the car last night? I remembered all the trivial stuff and forgotten the most important ones! Damn it… And for the rest of the day, I kept trying to recall but nothing surfaced.

 

***

 

Woohyun POV

 

From far, I saw her, smiling so happily. It’s been so long since I saw that smile. It was all because of me that she lost her smile for such a long time, I am glad it’s back.

“Did you wait for long?” She asked.

I shook my head, “I just ended not too long ago.” I said.

"Where are we going?” She raised her eyebrow.

“You will see.” I smiled.

“Secret huh...” She smiled back.

I intertwined our fingers as we walked out of the campus. I felt her flinched. Is she uncomfortable with me holding her hands? Maybe the progression was too fast? I panicked a little when she assured me.

“Your hand felt the same as 10 years ago, it’s warm and big.” She said and tightened her grip around my palm.

“Is it?” I was relieved to hear that.

“Actually like what you said, I have stopped searching for the old you. I love you for who you are, whether it was Woohyun in the past, the present Woohyun or even you in the future, I love all of you. Everything about you Nam Woohyun...” She confessed.

“Thank you...” I squeezed her hand.

She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter