Chapter 32

Can you save me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day 193

 

Woohyun POV

 

“I heard you asked for me.” I entered father’s study room.

“Yes, I did. I am sure you know what I want to talk to you about.” He said seriously.

“My answer will not change. I am not interested in taking over the company. I want to do what I like. And, I have decided to do that abroad.” I stated firmly.

“I know, Chorong has already talked to me about it.” He said, “She persuaded me to let you go. I accepted it, I will let you go.”

“What? When did she talk to you?” I asked, I was totally unaware.

“This morning, she didn’t tell you?” Father asked.

“What was the agreement?” I asked.

“The agreement was to give you 3 years and by the end of 3 years, if you didn’t succeed, then you will come back and take over the company.” Father stated.

“I thought you are stepping down soon? Who will be in charge during the 3 years when I am gone? Isn’t this the main reason why you insisted me to take over? Why would you agree now, suddenly?” I paused.

Please don’t let what I am thinking be true…

“Well, Chorong agreed to help out at the company while you are gone. Son, she loves you a lot. Don’t let her down.” Father smiled.

“You agreed to it?” I asked him.

“Yes, I did.” Father replied.

“Why would you?” I don’t understand.

“I understand what you are referring to… I did thought through a lot before making this decision. The Park family doesn’t have the tradition of passing down throne to their descendants and your father in law already has someone in mind to take over his position when he steps down. But we are different, it has always been passed down to descendants and suddenly you said you didn’t want to. So Chorong came to convince me that she is going to be your wife after all and it doesn’t matter whether it is you or her who takes over. She was so determined to let you go out there to pursue your dream, looking into her eyes, I couldn’t say no. Plus it’s not like her suggestion doesn’t make sense, in fact, they were logical. And she majors in business and economics, she is a talented young lady.” Father explained.

“But she majors in dance too… ” I said, running my fingers through my hair in despair.

“Son, this is a decision that Chorong made herself and I agreed to it. Instead of asking me, I think you two need to talk it out and reach an agreement between yourselves. I am already taking a pretty big step back to let you go achieve your dreams, I can’t compromise any further son, this is a company we are talking about here.” Father said.

“And this is Chorong’s future we are talking about here!” I retaliated.

“Son, I… ”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter