Chapter 1

Can you save me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day 1

 

Chorong POV

 

10 years passed just like this, now, I am finally back home. It feels good to be back but to be honest, I don’t know if I am ready to face him. Despite being warned repeatedly by Bomi regarding how much he has changed, I am still determined to see it myself. Especially when it comes to him, I want to see for myself, how much he has changed. Regardless how he changed, I have to face him upfront because our engagement is something that cannot be changed, it was decided and declared by our parents right at the moment when we were born. We have been living side by side ever since we were babies, we grew up together, did almost everything together. Like every other kids out there, we laughed, we smiled, we fight, we argued, we cried and we fell in love. We were 11 when we started going out, we were so young, so happy together, in each other’s eyes, we were the perfectly matched couple and the talk of the campus. But this happiness didn’t last long because for some reason, I had to move to the states to further my studies at the age of 15. The parting was bad. Bad as in devastating, totally drama because we couldn’t let each other go. We were so in love. Although in the end we still parted but I will always remember the promise he made to me: I will wait for you. When you are back, we will get married. We were young, whether or not he meant those words, I believed them anyway. We stayed in contact with each other through webcam and whatsapp very frequently for the first year when I was gone. I knew he graduated at 16 and which college he went to, we still talked about everything. It was precisely because we talked almost everyday about everything, I immediately realized something was off when he started to call less frequently. That was when I knew something about us has changed. Ever since the news of  him graduating from high school, I have no more news of him, not even Bomi knew what he was up to. So technically, my memories of him stopped at the 16 years old him. To be honest, I really wanted to tell him: I missed you, Woohyun.

 

***

 

“Hey sweety! Welcome back!” Mum and dad hugged me tightly. I returned the hug as I tightened my arms around them, I missed them. Being alone in a foreign country wasn’t easy, I am glad I survived.

“What about us?” I recognized their voice immediately and pulled away and ran to hug them as well. They are Woohyun’s parents who watched me grow up, the amount of love and care they gave me wasn’t any lesser than what my own parents did.

Then I saw Bomi being all emotional at the side, I immediately pull away from Mr and Mrs Nam before running over and jump into her arms, “I miss you babe!” I cried.

“Oh my gosh, uri Rongie, I am so glad to see you back safe and sound!” She cried as well. We were like long lost siblings, well she will always be my sister from another mother. As we pulled away, my eyes continued to scan around for one last person but just as I didn’t expect him to turn up, he did not show up. Disappointed, am I? Well, it was written all over my face. This has always been a very bad habit of mine, I can’t hide my emotions well.

Mr and Mrs Nam noticed and tried to console me, “Woohyun is busy, he promised he will attend dinner though, the dinner to welcome you back.” Mrs Nam smiled.

I smiled, “A dinner just for me, that’s lovely, thank you.” And with that, we left the airport and headed back.

 

***

 

“You can come over you know? My parents won’t mind...” I said over the phone.

“Nah, it isn’t about your parents, I know they won’t mind me since I used to always barge into your house! Hahaha...” Bomi laughed.

“Then what’s the problem? Is it Mr and Mrs Nam then? Oh please, they are the kindest people on earth, you don’t have to worry, just come over if you want to!” I tried to talk her into coming over for my dinner party.

“Ya… It’s not about Mr and Mrs Nam as well, it’s just...You know...” She paused.

“What is it? You better spill everything that’s in your mind!” I warned her.

“Woohyun...” She said.

“Oh...” I answered with an obvious change in tone that I am sure she realized the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter