Argument

Scribbles of emotions

“Don’t even think of stepping into this room to sleep tonight!”

 

Solar shouted and threw a pillow to the blonde before slamming the door shut.

 

“Fine! Be it! So much for me being concern towards you!”

 

Byul Yi shouted before picking up the pillow and stomped to the couch, settling down angrily before shutting her eyes tight.

 

It was a small argument. But because both were tired, one was sick with the petty jealousy and another sick with the unreasonably replies, it erupted into a big argument that had them ending the night unhappily.

 

Solar limped towards the double bed and sat down slowly. She felt tears threatening to fall but she held on to it. She wouldn’t allow herself to cry, not when the other is so angry outside of the room.

 

Byul Yi had never been so angry before. Usually before they erupted into such big arguments, the younger would have soften and squirm her way out of the argument either being playful or greasy. But not this time round.

 

And honestly, it hurts Solar. Maybe it’s because Byul Yi has pampered and give in too much to her in their relationship.

 

Maybe it’s because she’s used to having the upper hand in this relationship.

 

Thus, when it ended up in such big argument this time, Solar was upset.

 

It started when she accidentally injured her foot while doing volunteering work yesterday. While helping to clear an elderly house, she dropped a slightly heavy object on her foot and had it casted in the evening.

 

Byul Yi was worried and together with the doctor, they had advised her to stay at home and rest. However, thinking that it was a small injury, Solar went on to another volunteering work with one of her group mate, Eric, this morning again.

 

It was a promise a few months ago and Solar felt bad to push it back again. Thus, bearing the pain and injury, she went ahead with it. Of course, when Eric knew about it, he insisted on sending her home but Solar was insistent on completing the work first.

 

But the long hours of standing and walking had caused her injury to swell up more. The pain slowly became unbearably and when everything had ended, Solar could barely walk anymore. Eric had to send her back and being the gentleman he is, he carried Solar up to her apartment.

 

Nothing would have happened if Byul Yi did not return home early. Or if Solar did not went out at all.

 

Both of them entered the house with Byul Yi standing in the middle of the living room, witnessing how Eric was carrying Solar gently in his arms.

 

Everything was a noisy mess after Eric retreated quietly with a brief explanation on why Solar was being carried.

 

 

Byul Yi is no fool. She could see the admiration Eric has for Solar.

 

 

“Why are you in his arms?”

 

Byul Yi asked, hands akimbo while staring at Solar’s back, who was entering the room.

 

“Didn’t he just say? It’s because my foot hurts.”

 

Solar replied, deadpanned, as she was feeling really tired and upset about the pain that she’s feeling now.

 

“And why are you outside? You should be resting at home!”

 

Byul Yi hissed.

 

“And what could I do at home? Why are you home so early anyway?”

 

“You could rest at home! Why am I home so early? Sounds like you’re unhappy that I came home early! Well, sorry that I ruin your happy moments with him!”

 

“Gosh, stop being so jealous! You know I have nothing going on with him!”

 

Solar threw her arms up in despair. She’s tired of this petty jealousy whenever Byul Yi sees her together with Eric.

 

“Well, from what I saw, it doesn’t seem like it! You’re basically glowing in his arms.”

 

“That’s rubbish! Gosh, I’m really tired and sick of your petty jealousness! Why would you even be home at this time? Don’t you usually work till past 8?”

 

“Wow, well sorry for rushing home because I worry that my girlfriend would feel hungry, tired and bored at home. It seems like I worry for nothing for you could even go out and meet that guy even with an injured foot!”

 

“You’re crazy! I’ve made this appointment long time ago! And it just doesn’t seems right to push it back again!”

 

“Well, right. Nothing could stop you from seeing that guy anyway!”

 

Byul Yi snapped. She regretted it but angry words are always regretful and spiteful. There’s nothing she could do.

 

“Enough! You’re really crazy Byul Yi! I can’t communicate with you anymore.”

 

Solar shouted and Byul Yi scoffed.

 

“Right! You can go on and communicate with that NAM GUY then!”

 

With that being said, Byul Yi swept the food that she bought on the countertop to the floor.

 

“You’re crazy! Really crazy! You better clean that up!”

 

With that, Solar entered their room and slammed the door shut.

 

It then ended up in this moment right now.

 

With Byul Yi sleeping on the couch while Solar sleeping on the bed.

 

She was upset, very upset but with the day’s event and pain, Solar found herself falling into a deep slumber very soon.

 

But it’s not the same with Byul Yi.

 

The younger girl woke up in the middle of the night, staring at the dark ceiling of the living room.

 

Her lividness was short lived, especially when she knew she was making a mountain out of a molehill.

 

She was usually calm and cool.

 

But it just had to trigger her off today, of all days, the day where she had a bad day at work.

 

She thought that coming back to accompany her girlfriend would bring the unhappiness away, and the certain gloominess that appears every year.

 

But it seems to not be in this case for this year.

 

She heaved a big sigh before sitting up on the couch and held her head with both her hands.

 

She had gone too far this time round. 

 

But the gloominess overclouded her emotions.

 

Soon, Byul Yi found herself in the room, tending to Solar’s swollen foot with a bag of ice pack.

 

The older girl was dead asleep.

 

Twenty minutes later, Byul Yi wrapped the injured foot once again after apply a layer of cream on the affected area and elevated it with a pillow under her ankle.

 

She then left the house quietly.

 

---

 

Solar woke up, feeling well rested and surprisingly, lesser pain on her foot. Taking a look, she realized that the swell has reduced a lot and the bandage was neater.

 

She bit her lower lips when she realized that Byul Yi must have came in in the middle of the night and treated her injury.

 

Not to mention, the pillow that was under her ankle right now belongs to the younger girl.

 

She heaved a sigh and gently, she went out of the room after doing a quick wash up.

 

The room was quiet but there was food on the table. Frowning, Solar limped towards the countertop and took a look at the food.

 

It was her favorite beef intestine stew.

 

And it was warm.

 

Snapping her head around to the couch, she saw the younger girl sleeping soundly on it. Dressed in casual outdoor clothes.

 

“Where on earth did she go so early in the morning?”

 

Solar mumbled to herself before limping slowly to the younger girl.

 

Squatting down as gently as she could beside the sleeping girl, Solar pouted as she looked at Byul Yi.

 

She was mean yesterday, and so was Byul Yi.

 

And she didn’t like it one bit. Not when she knew Byul Yi still took care of her yesterday night.

 

It would probably be better if Byul Yi ignored her injuries.

 

“Hateful.”

 

Solar whispered quietly before catching a sniff of the younger girl’s scent when she turned her body.

 

It smelled fresh, with a mixture of grass and dew and morning scent.

 

Solar’s eyebrow creased and it then slowly dawned on her.

 

It was the scent of mountain.

 

The mountain where Byul Yi’s grandmother was buried.

 

“, it’s today. How could I forget!?”

 

Solar cursed quietly when she realized it’s Byul Yi’s grandmother death anniversary today.

 

“No wonder she’s in such a bad mood yesterday.”

 

Solar groaned.

 

Every year, a day before and on the day of Byul Yi’s grandmother death anniversary, the younger girl would become a gloomy and quiet person. Nothing would move the girl; nothing would change the girl because Byul Yi shared a very closed knitted relationship with the grandmother.

 

It took a lot of effort for Byul Yi to at least lay quietly with Solar on these days.

 

Solar groaned again, feeling worse than a few minutes before.

 

What a failure she is.

 

She lifted her head up to see Byul Yi looking at her with a pair of drowsy eyes. She mustered up a soft smile to the younger girl.

 

“Morning. I’m sorry for yesterday… and thank you for treating my injury.”

 

Solar said softly and gently.

 

“Mhm.”

 

Byul Yi hummed before closing her eyes and turned her back on Solar before falling asleep again.

 

Solar didn’t expect any huge gestures or anything back. But to see how Byul Yi reacts to her apology and thanks hurts her badly.

 

 It felt like she had made Byul Yi revert to the same old gloomy kid back two years ago.

 

The gloomy person that would not even talk or looks at anything but just sleep all day.

 

“Byul ah…”

 

“Eat.”

 

Byul Yi responded without even moving an inch, much more turning around to look at Solar.

 

Not wanting to aggravate the tense atmosphere and Byul Yi’s emotions anymore, Solar did as she was told.

 

As she was washing the dishes once she was done with her breakfast, she accidentally tripped over the legs of the table.

 

With a yelp and a thud, Solar hissed at the pain. Within seconds, she felt herself being lifted up.

 

“Byul?”

 

She asked with a pair of wide eyes but gained no response.

 

Byul Yi carried her into their room and placed her gently on the bed before checking her injury.

 

Seeing that everything was fine, Byul Yi straightened up her back before getting down the bed. But before she could do that, she felt Solar holding onto her hands and pulling her nearer.

 

“Byul ah, talk to me please?”

 

Solar asked gently as she placed a hand on Byul Yi’s cheek.

 

Byul Yi stared at her with a pair of down casted eyes before speaking.

 

“Go and rest. Stop being so clumsy.”

 

With that, Byul Yi pulled away from Solar’s hands and turned around, ready to get down the bed but was stopped by a hug from the back.

 

“Byul ah, I’m sorry.”

 

Solar sobbed quietly. It’s too much for her. The guilt, the temper and the argument she had with the younger girl were too much. She doesn’t like it a single bit.

 

Not when the most favorite person of her life is being upset with her and talking to her in an emotionless tone.

 

“I’m sorry for arguing with you yesterday. I know I was being unreasonable for going out with an injury when you’re just concern about me! I’m sorry for not being sensitive to you know what day it is today.”

 

She apologized once again and tightened her arms around the younger girl’s waist.

 

“I’m sorry too.”

 

Byul Yi apologized after a few long moments. She wiped her tears before turning around and looked down on the bed.

 

“Byul ah…”

 

“I’m fine. I – I just, I just don’t like it that I’m angry with you over such tiny matter.”

 

Solar cupped the younger girl’s cheeks and lifted her head up to look into her eyes.

 

The younger girl looks so adorable with the guilty sad face that Solar couldn’t help but smile.

 

“Well, we learn something from it too, didn’t we?”

 

Byul Yi lifted her gaze and looked into Solar’s eyes confusingly.

 

It looked so adorable to Solar that she leaned in and kissed the younger girl without any hesitation.

 

“That we really care and love each other, don’t we?”

 

Solar whispered and Byul Yi cracked a smile at the sentence.

 

“Yeah…”

 

She whispered before leaning in and kissed Solar again.

 

“Go and sleep, I’m sure you’re tired from the long drive.”

 

Solar whispered once they break apart and Byul Yi nodded her head before moving down to lie on the bed.

 

When Solar successfully shifted gently down to lie on the bed, Byul Yi moved closer and hugged Solar tightly before snuggling against her chest comfortably.

 

She felt Solar’s hand on her head, smoothing the crown softly while the other hand reached out for a half read book that was placed on the bedside table.

 

Before she knew it, she was drifting into dreamlands.

 

“I love you.”

 

She barely heard it but was sure it was from Solar before her world turns black totally.

 

A tighter hug around her waist was her response to Solar.

 

Without words, Solar knew Byul Yi loves her too.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PS: It's not a very good piece of work. But I still hope you all will like it. Thank you!