Fix it

Scribbles of emotions

Solar understood that once things broke, it’s hard to repair or fix them. She knew that it would be harder, if things that are not in physical state, broke. It’s like… it’s almost beyond repair.

 

Nothing could fix it.

 

Nothing could repair it.

 

Nothing could mend it.

 

It would just… remain in pieces...

 

Like, how her heart broke when she broke up with her ex.

 

Like, how she experienced the unspeakable heart – wrenching pain when her ex, whom mentioned their break up casually, left her along the roadside.

 

She shouldn’t cry because her ex was acting like a petty and ugly bastard.

 

But she couldn’t help herself. Not when they were already reaching the stage of deciding to live together as a married couple. Not when Solar has given her heart wholly, only for it to be returned in million pieces.

 

So Solar remembered standing at the side of the highway and cried. For how long, she doesn’t remember.

 

But she does remember someone called out to her and stopped the car a few foot from her.

 

She remembered that the driver came down and talked to her.

 

She remembered that the driver has a head of long blonde hair that was tied in a loose ponytail with a cap on it.

 

“Miss, are you alright? Why are you just standing here crying? Do you know it’s dangerous? You’re on a highway!”

 

Solar remembered looking up at her and wiped her own tears off pitifully, but nothing came out of . She only managed to cry harder till the point she squatted down when she saw the concerned look on the slim face with defined jaws.

 

The girl heaved a sigh before squatting down beside Solar.

 

“I guess… it was a bad break up huh?”

 

“Feels like the end of the world, doesn't it?”

 

Solar snapped her head at the sentence, thinking that the girl was being sarcastic on her. But when she saw the brood and moody expression on her, she knew the girl was saying her own heartfelt feelings.

 

“You gave everything you have… only to have them trampled on it and returned as if it’s a piece of trash.”

 

“It hurts… isn’t there a way to fix it so that it doesn’t hurt?”

 

Solar mumbled out and the girl merely scoffed quietly.

 

“I’m still looking for a way to fix it too. Guess it makes the two of us then…”

 

The blonde replied as she turned to look at Solar with a small sad smile.

 

“Are you alright, Solar?”

 

Solar snapped out of her thoughts and looked at the tall, handsome guy standing in front of her.

 

“Yeah… yeah, I’m alright. How’s the call?”

 

Solar asked and watched as Eric shook his head. They were now stranded on the highway, as Eric’s car broke down halfway while returning from a work errand. So they’re all standing out beside the car waiting for help to come.

 

“The call just doesn’t get through…”

 

“Gosh, it’s so warm. Are we able to call the police?”

 

SooJin mumbled as she wiped her perspiration off her neck.

 

“Wait! Let me try to call someone.”

 

Solar called out and SooJin merely rolled her eyes.

 

“Are you sure that someone is able to help?”

 

Solar ignored her as she made the call and walked a few steps away from them to have some privacy.

 

The call was picked up within seconds and Solar brightened up immediately.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hi! Are you busy right now?”

 

“Hmm… sort of? Why?”

 

“Well… you know I’m heading to Gyeonggi-do today right?”

 

“Mhmm.”

 

“My colleague’s car broke down in the middle of the way back. Now we’re stranded on the high way and the calls for help just couldn’t get through… so I’m wondering if you’re able to help us?”

 

Solar heard a short hesitation at the other end of the call followed by some muffled mumblings. She waited quietly for about a minute before the calm voice speaks up again.

 

“Where are you right now? I need the exact location. Will probably reach in around 30 – 40 mins.”

 

Solar cheered happily before looking around the place and gave the location. She then ended the call with a sweet thank you.

 

“I got help! But it’ll reach around 30 – 40mins!”

 

Solar exclaimed cheerfully while Eric smiled widely at her.

 

“Who did you call?”

 

“Someone I know.”

 

It was a short reply with a sweet smile, yet Eric seemed to know that he shouldn’t probe more.

 

They decided to wait in the car to avoid the heat as the late afternoon Sun shone on them. It really took around 40mins for the toll car to arrive and Solar’s eyes brightened when she saw the familiar vehicle.

 

However, her eyes dimmed when the driver came down and she realized it’s not the caller.

 

“Solar Noona!”

 

“Hi, Hyun!”

 

“Let me take a look at the car first.”

 

Hyun said as he walked towards the car and did a quick check before hooking the car at the back of his.

 

“We’ll have to bring the car back to the garage to repair it. Get on the car.”

 

Hyun said as he climbed to the front seat while Solar, Eric and SooJin climbed onto the passenger seats.

 

It took another 40 minutes for them to reach the garage and they were being ushered to the waiting area as the broken car was being sent to one of the repairing lots. Eric and Solar went towards Hyun as he worked a throughout check on the car. Eric stood there, providing information to Hyun while Solar took a quick glance at the working car garage where everyone is busy with something. But she just couldn’t see the familiar figure.

 

“Solar, aren’t you warm or tired? Why don’t you take a seat? I’ll get some water for you.”

 

Eric said as he noticed the brunette looking quite uncomfortable. He held onto her arm, wanting to lead her to the waiting area where SooJin was but a horn distracted them.

 

Eric hurriedly pulled Solar closer to him as they were blocking the car. The car drove in once both of them moved out of the way and when the engine was killed, the driver, who was clad in the orange working jumpsuit, stepped out from the car.

 

“Hyun, this car is good to go. The owner can come and retrieve it by today.”

 

“Alright Byul! But could you come over here? Solar Noona’s friend’s car seemed to be a little off… the engine couldn’t start no matter what…”

 

Hyun said as he pointed to where Eric and Solar was standing. Moonbyul merely gave them a glance before walking over to the said car and put on her working gloves.

 

Solar was upset that Moonbyul did not acknowledge her existence but merely shrugged it off just by giving them a glance. Heaving a soft sigh… she looked at Eric who was still giving her a concern look before forcing out a smile.

 

“It’s getting late, why don’t you give a call to your chauffeur and asked him to come and pick you up?”

 

Eric nodded his head when he saw how tired Solar was. He quickly made a call as Solar made her way back to the waiting area and took a seat closer to the car where Moonbyul and Hyun was working on it. She watched quietly as Moonbyul checked on the car before lying down on a movable board and went under it with some tools.

 

“The driver is coming soon… are you not feeling well?”

 

Eric said as he bent down in front of Solar, putting a hand on her forehead.

 

Startled, Solar pulled away and shook her head. However, from her side-glance, she knew Moonbyul has witnessed everything.

 

“I’m fine.”

 

“You sure?”

 

“Very sure.”

 

“I could help you if you need anything.”

 

Moonbyul, who has her upper body under the hood, heard Eric saying it softly to Solar and scoffed quietly.

 

After another 10 minutes check, Moonbyul pulled her body out from under the hood and walked towards Eric.

 

“Mister?”

 

“Eric Nam.”

 

“Well, erm… your car’s battery is spoiled and it’s just nice I’ve run out of the stock of this brand’s battery. I would have to wait until the stock comes in on next Thursday before I can fix it for you. I’ve already fix up some loose ends of your car… so all we can do now is to wait.”

 

“Okay, sure. I’m not in a rush to use this car… thank you so much.”

 

Moonbyul nodded at Eric before gesturing to the side of the garage where a room was.

 

“You may want to leave your particulars in the room with Seok so we can contact you once we’re done with your car.”

 

Eric nodded and walked to the room while Moonbyul turned around and walked to another car that was just situated right at the front of the garage.

 

“Hey.”

 

“What.”

 

Solar pouted at the dull response from Moonbyul.

 

“Thanks for coming to the rescue.”

 

Moonbyul just snickered as she continued to work on the car without sparing a glance at Solar.

 

“Welcome.”

 

“But… I thought you’re the one coming to fetch us.”

 

Solar mumbled softly as she stood at the side of the car, watching Moonbyul working seriously on the car.

 

“Duty calls…”

 

Moonbyul replied before standing up and rest her body against the hood that she just closed.

 

“This one is good to go too!”

 

Moonbyul shouted as she tapped on the car before turning around to face Solar.

 

“Go home…”

 

She said softly and looked behind Solar, where Eric was walking towards them.

 

“But –

 

“Solar! Chauffeur Kim is here, let’s go.”

 

Eric beamed at Solar and Moonbyul merely just folded her arms and continued to lean against the car.

 

“It’s alright… you two can leave first.”

 

“Then how are you going to go back?”

 

“Don’t worry, I… I’ve some catching up to do.”

 

Solar replied as she gestured to Moonbyul who merely just raised an eyebrow.

 

“O – okay then. Thank you…”

 

“Moonbyul.”

 

Eric smiled as he offered to shake his hand with Moonbyul, who hurriedly took off her dirty oil grimed gloves and wiped her hands on the clean side of her jump suit.

 

“Thank you, Ms. Moonbyul.”

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

Eric and SooJin then bid their farewell before entering a black sedan that pulled over in front of the garage.

 

Moonbyul  turned over to look at Solar who was still looking at the back of the sedan.

 

“He’s interested in you.”

 

“W –what?”

 

Solar spluttered as she snapped her head back to look at Moonbyul.

 

“I said he’s interested in you and it’s quite obvious.”

 

“And…”

 

Moonbyul shrugged before Solar leaned forward with a suppressed teasing smile.

 

“Jealous?”

 

“Why would I?”

 

“Because…he’s hitting on your girl?”

 

Moonbyul gulped but looked on outside of her garage.

 

“Do I have the rights to? He’s good-looking, rich, smart, well – mannered and a business man.”

 

“Me?”

 

Moonbyul scoffed while looking down at her two hands that were black and dirty.

 

“You’re good too.”

 

“I’m only good at fixing things.”

 

Moonbyul clenched her fingers before shrugging and looked at Solar solemnly.

 

Sometimes, she wondered why Solar would stick with her.

 

Sometimes, she wondered why Solar would fall in love with her.

 

The older girl is smart, pretty and kind – hearted that often times, Moonbyul felt that she’s better off with someone that is as well as Eric.

 

Not her.

 

Not someone like her that is only good at fixing things and have no status.

 

“Hey.”

 

Moonbyul snapped out of her thoughts when she felt warm hands on her cheeks.

 

“You’re not only good at fixing things…”

 

Solar said as she ran her eyes at the face she loves so much ever since two years ago when she saw it while she’s crying her eyes out at the side of the high way.

 

“You fix my heart.”

 

Solar said as she felt tears rushing to her eyes again.

 

Never ever did she think that her heart could be fixed.

 

But yet, when Moonbyul appeared in her life on that very day when her heart broke, she found out that… her heart was already fixing itself.

 

And… Solar was glad that it was Moonbyul who fix her heart.

 

Because, just like how Moonbyul fixes every cars or machines seriously and tenderly.

 

She fixes Solar’s heart patiently, softly, slowly, tenderly and lovingly too.

 

“Please don’t think about if you have the rights to or not again…”

 

Solar said as she leaned her forehead against Moonbyul and watched as the younger girl closed her eyes.

 

“You have every rights to because you’re the one who fixes my heart.”

 

Solar leaned forward and kissed Moonbyul lightly on her lips.

 

“And Moon Byul Yi, you own my heart, remember that.”

 

Solar whispered against Moonbyul’s lips and smiled when Moonbyul’s captured her lips once again.

 

“You fixed and owned my heart too, Kim Yong Sun.”

 

 

 

Solar understood that once things broke, it’s hard to repair or fix them. She knew that it would be harder, if things that are not in physical state, broke. It’s like… it’s almost beyond repair.

 

Nothing could fix it.

 

Nothing could repair it.

 

Nothing could mend it.

 

It would just… remain in pieces...

 

But if it meets the right person who did her best to fix it with love and care…

 

Even if it’s not in a physical state, it will still be fixed.

 

Just like how MoonByul fixes her heart and she fixes Moonbyul’s at the same time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hope everyone would like this too!

And to clear everyone's confusion, yes, I'll be writing for both Wheein x Hyejin and Moonbyul x Solar.