Wait

Scribbles of emotions

Monday

 

Solar pulled her winter coat tighter, burying half her face into the neck of it as the cold winter wind blew cruelly in the night. She squeezed her eyes tight, trying to squeeze away her sleepiness while waiting for the bus to come.

 

She heaved a sigh as she pulled her hand out to check the time. It’s already 11.30pm and she’s only heading home from school now, all because of the mid terms and endless projects that she has to rush. Times like this always made her second doubt her choice being in business school.

 

Heaving another sigh, she stared at the direction where the bus would come and think of her warm bed, warm shower and that special warmth that she would receive soon when she reached home. No one knows how elated she was when she finally caught her bus arriving.

 

Boarding the bus, Solar quickly found a seat and sat beside the window. It’s her usual spot during this period, as it allows her to catch a short nap during that 2 hours ride back from her university. She settled down quickly and soon after, she fell asleep without worries, as she knew her stop is the last before the interchange.

 

She doesn’t know how long she fell asleep, but she woke up with a jerk and realized that the bus was already in her neighborhood. Stretching her body slightly, Solar rubbed the sleepiness away from her eyes and kept her sight out of the window. The familiar blocks finally entered her eyes and she caught a familiar figure just a few seconds before the bus pulled up at her stop. A frown crossed Solar’s face but she shook it off. It couldn’t be, it must be her sub-conscious, she’s probably too sleepy and thus, seeing things. Solar thought as she alighted her bus after muttering thanks to the driver. Taking a deep breath, Solar stuck her hands deep into her coat and walked towards her apartment. Her breath hitched when she saw someone standing in front of her.

 

“Byul? What are you doing here?!”

 

Solar asked as she walked towards Moonbyul and looked at the younger girl.

 

“Waiting for you.”

 

Moonbyul replied with a shrug.

 

“Didn’t I tell you not to stay up for me? It’s so late already…”

 

Solar said and started walking beside Moonbyul.

 

“Yeah, so how do you expect me to sleep in peace when I know you’re coming home this late?”

 

Moonbyul responded without casting a glance at Solar. The older girl peeked a glance at the latter before smiling.

 

“Thanks, but there’s no way you’re going to do this for the whole week.”

 

She warned and hooked her hands around Moonbyul’s as they entered the building. She never get a reply back from Moonbyul but it doesn’t matter, because everything’s forgotten when Moonbyul wrapped her tightly in her embrace when they were in the elevator.

 

Tuesday

 

Solar sighed heavily again as she alighted her bus. The temperature has dropped tremendously today and it made it seemed like her winter coat is useless, not to mention the hot packs she has clutched tightly in her hands.

 

She left school later than yesterday because of a teammate that joined them late and refused to catch up what she missed on her own. Everyone was irritated but they couldn’t do anything. They wouldn’t want to risk losing the teamwork by a quarrel at this crucial point. Luckily, Solar was able to catch the last bus on time, or she would have to sleep at some random café for the night, as she did not have enough cash to take a cab home. She refused to wake Moonbyul up just to pay for her fare when she knew she had already messaged her goodnight at 11.30pm, reminding her to go on and sleep, as she will be late.

 

Shivering in her big winter coat, Solar quickened her speed but came to an abrupt stop when she bumped onto someone.

 

“I’m sorr –“

 

Her eyes widened when she saw whom she bumped onto.

 

“You should look where you’re going.”

 

“What are you doing here?! It’s freaking 2.30am!”

 

Solar almost shouted at Moonbyul had she not remembered that it’s 2.30am

 

“Here.”

 

Instead of replying Solar’s question, Moonbyul placed a cup of drink into Solar’s hands and turned around before walking towards their apartment.

 

“What’s this?”

 

Solar asked as she caught up with Moonbyul and walked side by side with her.

 

“Hot chocolate. Drink it before you turned into ice.”

 

Moonbyul muttered before throwing a woolen scarf over Solar and wrapped it around her neck.

 

Knowing Moonbyul’s intention of staying up today, Solar could not resist but pulled Moonbyul’s neck down with her left hand and pressed a kiss tightly onto the younger’s one.

 

“I love you.”

 

She whispered and Moonbyul simply just planted another kiss back onto .

 

“Let’s go home, you’re so cold.”

 

Solar knew, without saying, that Moonbyul loves her back too.

 

Wednesday

 

Today was slightly better though she still left school at 12am because she had a companion on the way home. It was one of her course mate whom stayed back to discuss his project with his teammates in school too. Even though she thought of sleeping all the way back home, she could not deny that having his companion was a good one. This guy was quite witty in his talking and managed to make Solar laugh all the way back.

 

She couldn’t deny it was just the stress reliever she needed after three days of continuous stress. Her eyes caught a familiar blonde again when the bus was heading towards their stop. But she brushed it off immediately as another hallucination as she did not see anyone at all while walking towards her apartment. She thanked the guy for walking all the way to her apartment politely before entering the lobby.

 

“Guess you wouldn’t need this anymore at all seeing how happy you are right now.”

 

Moonbyul muttered bitterly.

 

She pushed herself away from the wall and walked towards the elevator without waiting for Solar after leaving a bag on the security counter where the guard was gone for his routine rounds.

 

“Byu –“

 

Solar called out but it was useless as the younger girl had already entered the lift and went up alone. Hurt crossed her face and she reached out to the bag on the counter slowly before opening it and checked what it was.

 

Guilt immediately weighed down heavily on her when she saw it was her favorite goldfish bread that she always craved for when she’s stress out. It was still warm. Her heart ached when she knew exactly from where did Moonbyul get it. The only goldfish bread stall that sells this till midnight is about 30 minutes walk from their apartment.

 

Not to mention, it was very cold today.

 

Thursday

 

Solar dragged her body down the bus tiredly. She was still upset and tired. After what happened yesterday, she couldn’t get a chance to explain to Moonbyul as the younger girl had left early for school. Despite them being in the same campus, Solar couldn’t even go towards the Media and Digital Building to find the younger girl as she was too piled up with assignments and discussions. It made her more upset when her messages were barely replied as the younger girl went to work straight after her lessons and Solar knew how busy Moonbyul would be at the Photography studio that was only an hour away from their apartment.

 

It made her sadder when she did not see Moonbyul while walking towards her apartment. She must have really hurt the younger girl, solar thought gloomy.

 

A sudden pull from her arm caught her aback and she quickly shrugged her arms off from the hold and snapped her head around.

 

“Byul!”

 

She exclaimed happily but her happiness was immediately erased off when she saw the unhappy look on Moonbyul’s face.

 

“Do you want to go to the hospital?!”

 

“H – huh?”

 

“Look in front when you’re walking! Are there gold on the floor?! Thank goodness I was following behind you! Or else who knows what would happen! Do you really like making me worry so much for you?!”

 

Moonbyul snapped as she pointed to the front with her finger. Solar turned around and saw that she almost fell into a big drain had not Moonbyul pulled her back immediately.

 

“I’m – I’m sorry.”

 

Solar choked up and finally burst into tears from all the accumulated stress and yesterday’s guilt.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry!”

 

She squatted down on the floor and started crying hardly.

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

Solar said and quickly grabbed onto Moonbyul’s neck tightly when the younger girl bend down and hugged her tightly.

 

“Don’t be angry at me, please. It’s a misunderstanding. I had nothing going on with that guy. Please, Byul!”

 

“I know. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t say that yesterday. I – I was just…”

 

Moonbyul stopped and heaved a sigh before pulling Solar up in her embrace. It breaks her heart to see the older girl crying like this. In addition, she wasn’t even angry anymore. She was just really busy today that she couldn’t get a chance to talk to the older girl properly.

 

“Please, stop crying. I wouldn’t wait for you if I’m still angry at you right?”

 

Moonbyul said and pulled Solar away from her embrace before wiping away her tears.

 

“Plus, how could I ever stay angry at a pretty and gorgeous girl like you?”

 

Moonbyul gave a wink and Solar break into a laugh at the cheesy words.

 

“Stop it!”

 

“I don’t know how to stop loving you.”

 

Moonbyul replied before leaning in to kiss Solar.

 

Moonbyul never wants to know it too.

 

Friday

 

Solar woke up with a jerk when the bus driver shook her lightly. She mumbled her thanks and clumsily picked up her stuff before going to the exit and alighted the bus hurriedly.

 

“Where are you rushing to?”

 

A familiar voice entered her ears and she looked up immediately to see Moonbyul standing at the bus stop with a cup of drink in hands. Wordlessly, the younger girl went up and collected Solar’s belongings after passing the hot chocolate into her hands.

 

“C’mon, let’s go.”

 

Moonbyul said and started walking towards their apartment. Solar break into a smile and hurriedly walked beside Moonbyul, hooking an arm around hers.

 

“I’m rushing back to you.”

 

Solar said and beamed happily at Moonbyul who let out a chuckle at her words.

 

“Well, welcome back then. Congrats on surviving your mid – terms.”

 

Moonbyul said and Solar grabbed her face with her unoccupied hand to face her.

 

“I wouldn’t do it without you.”

 

Solar whispered before tipping her toes and kissed Moonbyul sweetly on her lips.

 

“I would do everything for you.”

 

Moonbyul whispered to her and planted a soft kiss on Solar’s nose, bringing a sweet smile on Solar’s face that showed her cute dimples.

 

Solar never wanted any other to wait for her.

 

Except Moonbyul.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hope everyone likes it.