Dessert

Scribbles of emotions

“What are you doing?”

  • Byulie

 

 

A soft notification rang from the back of her jeans pocket. Solar picked it up mindlessly and a small smile appeared on her face when she saw the message on her phone screen. She stopped pushing her trolley cart as she replied the message.

 

“What else? I’m at the supermarket doing grocery.”

 

It’s Saturday, the usual day that she would go for grocery shopping to replenish whatever is needed for the house. Most of the time, she would go alone, as her lover is busy with her work. Solar placed her phone back into her back pocket and continued with her shopping.

 

She quite enjoys this mindless shopping every week. At times, there would be tons of things to be purchase and while at times, there would only be a handful stuffs to be bought. Nevertheless, Solar felt that this one hour shopping helps her to relax from her job and she quite liked the idea of purchasing and preparing things that would feed her lover.

 

No doubt, at times, she wish that her lover would be shopping along with her when she sees lovely-dovey couples in the supermarket.

 

Solar was so into her purchase that she did not realized that Byul did not reply to her message after 30 minutes. To be honest, it was also something that Solar has gotten used to as days pass.

 

There’s really nothing she could do when Byul is a cardiologist surgeon that is busy with her work.

 

“Did the cereal run out already? I don’t think I even had the chance to eat the one you purchased last week.”

 

Solar jumped at the familiar voice and she tore her eyes away from the rows of colorful boxes to the side.

 

The dimple on the left cheekbone was what greeted her first.

 

“Hi!”

 

“Byul?!”

 

Solar exclaimed with wide eyes as she took in the look of her lover leaning gently against the shelves, wearing a black denim jacket with a white shirt inside, a hand in her jeans pocket while the other hand was holding onto her brown winter coat.

 

It was exactly the same outfit that Solar has seen three days ago.

 

“Wh – what are you doing here?”

 

Solar, recovered from her shock, managed to splutter out those words from .

 

Moonbyul gave a slight shrug as her smile faded off from her face. She stood up straight slowly before walking towards Solar and hugged her gently, burying her face into the crook of her neck tiredly.

 

“I just got off work?”

 

Moonbyul muttered softly against Solar’s neck as she took in her favorite scent that she has been missing for the past three days.

 

Solar sighed softly before pushing Moonbyul away softly.

 

“Shouldn’t you go back home first and rest?”

 

She chided gently as she turned her attention back to the rows of colorful boxes before choosing a box of fruit loops and placed it in the half full trolley.

 

Moonbyul pouted slightly as Solar started pushing the trolley down the aisle. She tagged along behind and placed her hands on the handle, pushing it along with Solar in between her and the trolley.

 

“I missed you. And you’re cold. Don’t you miss me too?”

 

Moonbyul complained unhappily and Solar could only shake her head.

 

“You haven’t been home for three days and look at you, your dark circle is almost reaching your nose. How could you still be so greasy when your health is in red light?”

 

Solar said as she stopped in her track, turning around to look at Moonbyul with disagreement in her eyes.

 

Her heart ached whenever she sees Moonbyul is such condition.

 

And she always feels that she fail as a wife.

 

It is a defense mechanism that she has whenever this happened. Most of the times, she wishes Moonbyul would be more selfish and think of herself first rather than her.

 

“I miss you.”

 

Moonbyul whispered with a pair of puppy eyes as Solar stared on at her.

 

“I miss you, really.”

 

Moonbyul whispered again, adding on a pout as she stared at the unresponsive Solar in front of her.

 

“I miss you so much that I almost cried because these three days were hell at work.”

 

Moonbyul repeated again before casting her sight down to her shoes.

 

She wasn’t lying.

 

Work was hell. She went through about 5 surgeries per day that at the end of the day, she could feel her hands shaking even if she was to just lift it up in the air.

 

Moonbyul doesn’t even know what happened in her department.

 

Two of her colleagues went on a holiday and hell decided to break loose seeing that she’s the only surgeon available at the day. it was so hectic that she was to be on standby throughout these past few days and couldn’t even go home.

 

She really almost cried when her back started acting up and she could feel her feet swollen from standing too long continuously in the operating theatre.

 

Solar bit her lips when she saw how defeated Moonbyul looked. It wasn’t the first time but it certainly wasn’t a common thing to see Moonbyul like this.

 

“I miss you so much too.”

 

Solar said as she cupped Moonbyul cheeks with her hands before lifting it up.

 

She gave Moonbyul a small smile before leaning in and pecked her lips.

 

“I’m almost done with the groceries. Let’s get home quickly hmm?”

 

Solar said and Moonbyul nodded her head with a bright smile. Her eyes sparkling bright with the kiss she received from her wife and Solar could only shake her head lovingly at the abrupt change of emotions from her wife.

 

“Such a baby.”

 

Solar muttered softly as she followed behind Moonbyul who’s pushing the trolley ahead of her already.

 

 

 

 

“Hey.”

 

A raspy voice broke her attention from the computer and Solar turned around to see a sleepy Moonbyul staring at her from the doorway.

 

Solar took off her spectacles and placed it on the table. She glanced at the clock and frowned when she saw that it’s 8pm in the evening.

 

Moonbyul had already slept for four hours. It couldn’t be that she’s hungry since they had lunch before going home from their grocery shopping.

 

“Why are you awake? It’s only been four hours.”

 

Solar asked as she stood up and walked towards Moonbyul who’s yawning away.

 

“I know.”

 

Moonbyul muttered softly before reaching down to hold onto Solar’s hands and pulled her into a hug.

 

“And? You said you’ve only slept for only 2 hours everyday. You should catch up on your sleep then.”

 

Solar said as she wrapped her arms around Moonbyul’s waist, embracing the warmth that she missed so much.

 

“But it’s Saturday. Isn’t it a waste to just sleep it off when I have you in the house?”

 

Moonbyul pulled away from the embrace slightly and stared at Solar’s face with an eyebrow raised.

 

“Didn’t you say you have two days off? There’s still Sunday to spend with me.”

 

Solar replied as she touched Moonbyul’s face gently.

 

“One day isn’t enough.”

 

Moonbyul grumbled as she leaned into Solar’s hand and the older girl laughed out loud.

 

“Go back and sleep, you cringe worthy monster.”

 

Moonbyul pulled away with a gasp and clutched onto her chest, feigning a hurt expression.

 

“How could you? I even set my alarm clock to wake up.”

 

“You’re crazy!”

 

Solar exclaimed as Moonbyul looked on her with wiggly eyebrows.

 

“Crazy for you…”

 

Moonbyul trailed off as she leaned forward and capture Solar’s lips. What started off as simple pecks soon turned into a full make out session as Solar wrapped her hands around Moonbyul’s head, their longing for each other poured into their kisses.

 

They broke off only when air was needed. Solar’s face was rosy and her lips were swollen.

 

Moonbyul smirked at her artwork as she away the saliva around . She was about to dive in for Solar’s lips again but was stopped by a hand.

 

“Stop!”

 

“Why?”

 

Moonbyul mumbled from behind the hand.

 

“You’re not going to have any dinner if we were to continue any longer.”

 

Solar said firmly as she took away her hand and walked away from Moonbyul towards the kitchen.

 

“You could be my dinner…”

 

Moonbyul suggested with an evil smile as she walked beside Solar and Solar smacked her gently on her head.

 

“Stupid ert.”

 

“Only for you.”

 

Solar let out an annoyed exclaimed as she took out the food she prepared from the fridge and popped it in the microwave to heat it up.

 

She then went over to the stove and turned it on to heat up the beef bone stew she had prepared while Moonbyul was sleeping.

 

“Smell nice.”

 

Moonbyul mumbled as she hugged Solar from the back and leaned her head on her shoulder.

 

“Of course, I boiled it for three hours just for you. You need to replenish your energy from the long working hours.”

 

Solar explained gently as she stirred the pot slowly.

 

“I actually meant you.”

 

Moonbyul teased gently and Solar rolled her eyes in annoyance as Moonbyul slipped her hands under Solar’s sweatshirt to caress her stomach.

 

The microwave dinged and Solar tapped on Moonbyul’s hands that were wandering around her stomach.

 

“Go and take it out. I made bibimbap for you.”

 

Moonbyul sighed gently as she followed the instruction and took out the bowl before placing it on the island counter. She sat down just as Solar turned off the stove and scoop out the soup into a bowl for her.

 

“Thanks for the meal.”

 

Moonbyul said her thanks loudly as she breathed deeply, taking in the delicious scent of the food that her wife had prepared for her.

 

How she missed eating home cooked food prepared by her wife for the past three days.

 

She started digging in quickly and Solar could only shake her head at the sight as she placed the bowl of soup in front of Moonbyul.

 

“Eat slowly! You’ll get indigestion.”

 

She chided lightly with a frown and watched as Moonbyul slowed down her speed of eating while nodding her head.

 

“Ifshs dewricious!”

 

Moonbyul commented with full and Solar could only shake her head at that childish sight.

 

“Thanks for the compliment! There’s a dessert for you after you’re done too!”

 

Solar said as she patted the bulging cheek gently before giving a peck on it.

 

“I’ll get back to work. Clean up when you’re done ok?”

 

Solar said and Moonbyul nodded her head as she swallowed her food.

 

Solar chuckled as she walked off back to their study room and sat back in front of her computer with a smile on her face.

 

It’s nice to have Moonbyul back home.

 

Solar couldn’t deny how much she missed her for the past three days.

 

It’s always nice to see how Moonbyul enjoyed all the food that she prepared.

 

It made her feel like she’s being the wife she should be to Moonbyul.

 

Solar sighed before putting on her spectacles and get back to her work.

 

It wasn’t before long that Moonbyul disrupted her again with a knock on the door.

 

Thirty minutes has passed and Solar was almost done with her work.

 

“Just a minute more. I’m almost done.”

 

Solar said, not even glancing at the door where Moonbyul stood.

 

“But I want my dessert.”

 

Moonbyul’s voice sounded beside her ears and Solar shrieked at it.

 

She tutted when Moonbyul’s laughter rang loudly in the room.

 

“Go get it in the fridge.”

 

Solar said as she went back to her work again, ignoring Moonbyul who was done laughing now.

 

“But the last I know, my dessert is in the study room.”

 

Moonbyul said slowly as she stood beside Solar who was typing furiously on her laptop.

 

“Nonsense. Why would I put your dessert in here?”

 

Solar replied her mindlessly and jerked her head away when she felt Moonbyul planting kisses on her neck.

 

“Yeah, tell me about that hmm?”

 

Moonbyul mumbled before placing her hands under Solar’s knees and back and scooped her up from the chair, earning a shriek from the older girl.

 

“Byul!”

 

Solar shouted as she quickly wrapped an arm around the younger girl’s neck and stared at her face in disbelief.

 

What greeted her was a pair of mischievous eyes and an evil smirk.

 

“It’s time for me to enjoy my dessert.”

 

Moonbyul exclaimed before leaning in to capture the older girl’s lips.

 

“Shall I enjoy it in our room?”

 

Moonbyul whispered softly after she broke the kiss and walked back to their room with Solar gulping lightly, lips wet from the kiss.

 

“Yes please.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hope all of you would enjoy this piece of mindless scribbles!