Everything [End]

Scribbles of emotions

She took a deep breath as she stood outside the apartment door. It’s been a long time since she came here. And the last time when she’s here, thing did not end well.

 

Not that thing ended well this time round too.

 

 With trembling hands and lips, Solar swallowed the lump in as she let her fingers hovered over the keypad.

 

She doesn’t even know if the password is still the same.

 

“Moon Byul Unnie doesn’t like changes that much… the last time I visited her house when she’s in the mountain, the password is still the same. But I don’t know if she had change it when she came down a year ago to pick up something.”

 

Solar shook her head, trying to shake away HyeJin’s voice in her head. A year ago… things have changed so much now. Moon Byul is not even in the mountain anymore.

 

And she’s not here too.

 

Taking another deep breath, Solar keyed in the numbers and hoped that it’s the right one.

 

She heard a melodious beeped, signifying that the door was unlocked and she almost choked out in tears.

 

How could Moon Byul still keep her birthdate as her passcode even after whatever had happen between them?

 

“Why would you want to put my birthdate as your apartment passcode?”

 

Solar whined as she looked at Moon Byul changing the passcode of her apartment.

 

“Because now that you’re moving in with me, I wanted something to remind me that I’m coming back to you.”

 

Moon Byul answered with a wide smile that Solar couldn’t help but blushed at that reply.

 

“And I’m supposed to remind myself that I’m coming back to myself?”

 

Solar retorted back, wanting to make Moon Byul embarrassed of her previous answer.

 

“No? It’s to remind you that everything inside this apartment belongs to you.”

 

Moon Byul replied gently as she keyed in the new passcode and stepped in.

 

“Everything, including me.”

 

She repeated again as she spread her arms out at the side with a smile that showed her dimple on her cheekbone.

 

Solar only remembered she rushed in and kicked the door closed as she kissed Moon Byul hardly after that.

 

Solar pushed in the door and it was dark and quiet. However, even without the lights, Solar could still make out the whole apartment.

 

After all, she had live in here for a year before.

 

Feeling the wall beside her, she touched the switch and turned it on. The apartment brightened up immediately and Solar stood at the foyer, letting her eyes roamed every inch of the apartment.

 

Nothing had change.

 

Nothing.

 

And everything remained the same.

 

Everything.

 

It looked exactly just like how it was when she left two years ago.

 

Slowly, Solar walked around the house and memories came rushing to her like an old film playing.

 

Memories of Moon Byul and her sitting on the sofa - cuddling, sleeping, watching movies, shows and tickling each other.

 

Memories of Moon Byul and her sitting at the dining table having take-outs or eating food that she cooked with chattering and laughter.

 

Memories of Moon Byul and her in the kitchen where she cooked and baked while Moon Byul disturbed her, as always.

 

Memories of Moon Byul and her in the washroom where she would be washing her face and brushing her teeth, and Moon Byul hugging her from the back, giving her sniff kisses on her neck.

 

Memories of Moon Byul and her on the bed, enjoying each other’s warmth, chatting over everything under the sun or just staring at each other in silent and showing their love to each other through actions.

 

Memories of Moon Byul and her could be seen on the photo frames that were placed around the house.

 

And Solar did not even bothered about how late it is right now as she bawled out loudly after taking the photo frame that was beside the bed with trembling hands. She hugged the photo frame tightly against the chest and let out her cries, bawling loudly.

 

Solar never knew how much she had missed the younger girl.

 

She never knew how much she wanted to see the younger girl until now.

 

She never knew how much Moon Byul meant to her and how much she meant to Moon Byul until she saw the photo of their first kiss still placed neatly at the side of the bed.

 

It was three months into their dates that they had their first kiss, and Moon Byul was the one who initiated it.

 

They were supposed to take a selca together. But just as Moon Byul was about to take the picture, she called out to Solar. Not knowing anything, Solar turned around only to be welcomed with a kiss on the lips that was taken down by Moon Byul.

 

That was their most precious memory and when Solar moved in, both of them decided to put this photo beside their bedside.

 

“By putting this photo here, it’s going to remind us to never ever sleep without making up or clearing any misunderstanding first.”

 

Moon Byul said as she placed the photo frame on the bedside table and Solar, who was sitting on the bed nodded.

 

“Also, it’s going to remind us to always be in love like this.”

 

Solar added and Moon Byul merely smiled as she kissed Solar on her lips.

 

“Always.”

 

“Byulie… I’m sorry… I’m so sorry ”

 

Solar choked out as she sobbed hardly.

 

 

And she wondered if it’s even useful, for the person that her sorry is meant for could not even hear it at all.

 

 

-

 

 

“Unnie?”

 

Whee In whispered and stood up as she watched Solar entering the room gently.

 

“What are you doing over here? Didn’t I ask you to go back and rest? You’re already here for two days.”

 

Whee In spoke softly as she watched Solar placed her backpack down on the couch.

 

“I went back to get some stuff for Byul… you should go back. You looked terrible.”

 

Solar said and patted Whee In’s head but the younger girl merely frowned.

 

“The pot calling the kettle black huh? Unnie…”

 

Solar gave Whee In a small smile while shaking her head.

 

“Just let me be, please. I – I couldn’t rest well even if you send me back. Not – not when I almost lose her, please, just let me be here. At least, I – I know she’s still alive and she’s still here.”

 

Solar’s voice broke at the end and Whee In could feel her heart breaking into pieces.

 

She had watch how Solar broke down when the scene of the Hanok’s roof collapsed in front of them. She had watch how Solar screamed her guts out for Moon Byul but received nothing back.

 

She had also watched how Moon Byul staggered all the way to the front with a lady bundled to her back and a toddler on her front with the use of bed sheets.

 

She couldn’t remember clearly what happened next. But she knew vaguely that Solar ran away from her hold and towards Moon Byul, crashing the younger girl immediately when the rest of the paramedics carried the victims away and up onto the ambulance.

 

She remembered looking at Solar hugging Moon Byul, she remembered Moon Byul collapsing in Solar’s arms.

 

She remembered Solar crying out for Moon Byul again, and Moon Byul being hauled up to the stretcher and into the ambulance.

 

HyeJin filled in whatever had happened to her after everything had settled down.

 

Apparently, Moon Byul had created a sling using the bed sheet for the mother of the baby and carried her on the back after she broke off the legs of the table to secure the broken leg. In addition, Moon Byul had secured the baby in front of her using the same method.

 

“It was a skill learned to save victims with broken arms and legs on the mountain, but because this isn’t a mountain and there’s no rope or whatsoever, Moon Byul Unnie had pressured her right hand too much to pull the whole load of them over the wall. Not only that, because the roof collapsed before she could landed, they actually fell and in order to save the little girl, she used her right elbow to hold up the weight of her and the lady while using her left hand to shield the girl’s head.”

 

HyeJin sighed as she threw a glance at her mentor who was lying on the hospital bed with oxygen mask around her face and right arm in cast and sling.

 

“She had pull and torn her right hand’s ligament which would probably take a few months top to heal. She had carbon monoxide poisoning from too much of smoke inhalation so she would require Hyperbaric Oxygenation treatment until it’s a green light from the doctor.”

 

HyeJin added on and Solar grabbed her arms anxiously.

 

“When would she wake up then? Why isn’t she waking up?”

 

“When her body is ready… her body is too weak and she’s over exhausted.”

 

Whee In cleared as she looked on at Solar sitting beside Moon Byul, holding onto her limp but warm hand.

 

“Unnie, are you su – “

 

“Go on back, Whee In uh. I’m fine. Hurry and go before HyeJin sees you here when she’s back from her shift. You know she wouldn’t be happy.”

 

“She wouldn’t be happy to see you here without a rest too.”

 

“She wouldn’t…we would need at least a person here to look after Byulie. And I… I’m the best choice.”

 

That, both HyeJin and Whee In couldn’t deny nor retort, whenever it comes to Moon Byul, Solar is the only answer.

 

“Alright, call me if there’s anything.”

 

Whee In said as she walked over and gave Solar a light hug before squeezing Moon Byul’s left arm lightly.

 

“Wake up soon, Byulie Unnie.”

 

Whee In whispered before she left the room.

 

“Did you hear that? Byul Yi? Your most lovable puppy is asking you to wake up soon. Everybody is waiting for you to wake up soon.”

 

Solar whispered as she sat at the side of the bed and smoothened the blonde fringe.

 

“It’s been two days, a few more hours later you would be sleeping for three days straight. Isn’t it a bit too much?”

 

Solar said and bit her lips, stopping her tears from falling. She’s afraid, afraid that the days would soon turned into weeks.

 

She’s afraid that Moon Byul would never wake up anytime soon.

 

“You used to say I sleep a lot and never spend time with you… especially after your night shifts schedule. But look who’s sleeping a lot now?”

 

Solar continued and wiped her tears off harshly.

 

“You’ve never spent anymore time with me after that incident of Yul’s. And you promised you would, you promised me so much and I promised you so much but we have never make all those promises come true. How is it fair?!”

 

Solar said as she looked down on her clenched fists, remembering all their promises and how they were all left broken.

 

Just like them.

 

“How – how is it fair… tha – that you keep all those promises to others alive, but not the promises between us alive? H – how is it fair that you just let me go like this?!”

 

She couldn’t even bother to wipe her tears now. It’s useless, no matter how she wiped it off, it’ll still return.

 

Like how she tried to wipe all her love for Moon Byul, it still remains.

 

“I – I never wanted us to just end off like this… I – I was just jealous and angry; I just wanted your attention. I waited for you to chase me back for so many days. But I guess I was just a fool right? Why would you have the energy and time to chase me back? You’re already so burdened and tired with everything that was going on at that time… having a childish and stupid girlfriend off your back would be easier for you, isn’t it?”

 

“I shouldn’t have done that right? I – I should have just stayed on patiently with you and be with you for everything. I should have been there for you to the moon and back to the sun just like how you’ve promise me. I – I should have just be there and keep my promises to you, to love you always no matter how hard it is.”

 

Solar chuckled.

 

“Looks who’s the foolish one here? To find someone who could give me their everything? And you actually believe that? When you know you’re my everything…”

 

Solar’s whimpered at the end of her sentence and she closed her eyes tightly to blink away the tears.

 

“I never believe that… but you’re so angry and I’m due to report to the mountain two days later...”

 

Solar’s eyes shot opened when she heard the voice that she misses so much even though it was dry and weak.

 

“I thought that you should be better off with someone who could really give you their everything. It isn’t fair for you. Despite how painful it is, I couldn’t bear to keep you with me for two years without even seeing me often.”

 

The hand that she was holding onto held her back, and Solar looked up to see Moon Byul staring at her with tears in her eyes.

 

“I’m not easy to love and I don’t want you to realize that for the two years. I’ve so much on me that I need to put down first and it isn’t fair for me to keep you with me because I never want to put you down. I don’t want you to get sick and tired of me and beg for me to put you down. I – I don’t want that to happen. So when you said you want to break up, I – I don’t know what to do.”

 

Solar’s tears fell again when she watched the tears rolled down from Moon Byul’s eyes.

 

“I told myself that it’s for the best. Call me selfish but at least I knew that you’re still in love with me when you said that. And I could carry that thought of you being still in love with me at the end of us. And that is enough for me. At least I knew you still loved me at that time… and you left me because I was too difficult for you and not because you couldn’t do your best with me.”

 

“Idiot! Stupid!”

 

Solar spat out as she hit on Moon Byul’s chest.

 

“Why would you still think and care of me at that time?!”

 

Moon Byul caught onto the hand that was hitting on her chest with her left hand and pulled Solar closer to her.

 

“Because you’re my everything and I promised to love you to the moon and back to the sun. No matter what happen between us, I would still keep that promise.”

 

“Why would you?”

 

Solar asked quietly as she stared into Moon Byul’s eyes.

 

“Just because.”

 

Moon Byul answered and let go of the hand that she was holding onto and turned away.

 

“That’s not an answer.”

 

Solar said as she turned to look at Moon Byul’s face, not moving an inch away.

 

“It is.”

 

“I want to hear you said it.”

 

“I’ve already said it.”

 

“I want the whole proper answer.”

 

“It doesn’t matter now…”

 

“And why doesn’t it? God damn it! Stop making all the decision for me and play martyr.”

 

“I’m not.”

 

“Then tell me the answer now!”

 

They were met with silence for a long moment until Solar couldn’t take it anymore.

 

“God damn it, Moon Byul Yi. Just tell me the answer now… how long are you going to wait again? Another two years? Or until I really lose you forever?”

 

Solar whispered, feeling all the energy she had drained away from her body.

 

She’s tired.

 

She’s exhausted.

 

From the two years of life without Moon Byul and missing her and thinking of what ifs.

 

From the year since Yul’s incident happened.

 

From two days ago when she thought she’s really losing Moon Byul.

 

“Please… tell me… you have to be the one now. I’ve already said my part. You’ve already heard everything. The ball is in your court now.”

 

Solar whispered weakly and she felt her heart breaking when she was met with silence once again. With a deep breath and nodding her head shortly, Solar withdrew her body back and sat up straight before standing up from her bed.

 

“Rest well, I’ll inform the rest that you’re awake now.”

 

With that, Solar turned around and started to walk away.

 

“Stay.”

 

A hand held onto her wrist as she heard those words.

 

“Stay with me.”

 

The hand travelled down to her fingers and intertwined with them gently.

 

“Stay with me, just like how you promised me.”

 

Moon Byul begged and squeezed her hands lightly.

 

“Stay with me, always, like how you promise me.”

 

She felt Moon Byul pulled her nearer and turned her around.

 

“Stay with me and love me, like how you promise me.”

 

With a strong tug, Solar found herself falling on top of Moon Byul, eyes looking straight into Moon Byul’s determine eyes.

 

“Yes?”

 

Moon Byul whispered so softly and delicately that Solar couldn’t bear to reply but to lean in and kiss her lightly on her chapped lips.

 

“Yes. Are you?”

 

She whispered carefully as she peered into the once dimmed eyes, that was slowing twinkling with light once again.

 

“Yes, to the moon and back to the sun.”

 

Solar let out a smile, a breath-taking smile that make Moon Byul fall in love with her at first, and every single time, again and again.

 

Moon Byul lifted her head and kissed Solar fully only the lips, sighing into the kiss as she once again relieve herself into the kiss that she had miss and desire for so long.

 

They broke apart when oxygen was needed and Solar broke into fits of giggle when she realized she was already lying on top of Moon Byul’s body fully.

 

And Moon Byul joined in her giggle fits when she realized how she has everything back in her hands again with Solar so close and happy on her.

 

Their giggles dies off and they were left staring into each other’s eyes.

 

And a smile slowly spread onto their faces when they noticed what they saw in each other’s eyes.

 

Everything that they once lost had returned.

 

And this time round, they are going to protect this love they have with everything they had.

 

Everything.

 

 

 

 

[End.]

 

 

 

PS: Thank you for all the comments and subscriber. I hope all of you had enjoyed this multi - shots.