Enough

Scribbles of emotions

Solar has always wondered why people keep such a huge interest in her love life.

 

They are always asking if she’s seeing someone?

 

How old is that someone?

 

How did they meet?

 

What’s the occupation of that someone?

 

What is the qualification of that someone?

 

Why did she takes a liking of that someone?

 

Solar never thought much about all these until recently. Recently when such comments slowly get into her mind and honestly, it is starting to affect her.

 

As much as she wants to deny so, she couldn’t.

 

It’s been a year plus since she had graduate from university. She had also found a job as an accountant and it pays well too. It’s something that she has always taken an interest on since she has a knack in numbers. 

 

So to be able to find her ideal job in a great company was the best thing that happened to her.

 

Well, second best thing that happened to her because really, nothing could beat the lover that she has now.

 

Nothing, until the rumors and comments she gets for the past few months.

 

 

--

 

 

“So Yong Sun! How’s life?”

 

Jung In, one of her university friends started the conversation after seeing that everyone in their clique has arrived.

 

“Good! What about you?”

 

“Me? I’m doing great too, work is just work as usual.”

 

Jung In laughed off and so does everyone in the clique. Who could deny it when they are going through the same thing as of now?

 

“So… any good potential colleagues you see in your company?”

 

Song Hae asked with a wriggle of eyebrow and Yong Sun tilted her head.

 

“Good potential colleagues? Well, they are a few that are quite good, I think they are most likely to get a pay rise this year and - ”

 

“Woah! Stop! I don’t think Song Hae meant it in that way.”

 

Soo In said with a shake of head and laugh at how naïve her friend is.

 

“Then?”

 

“She meant good potential colleague to be your lover.”

 

Jung In replied and Solar’s eyes widened.

 

“Why would I notice that?”

 

Solar exclaimed, shocked that her friends would ask her this questions knowing that she’s attached since university.

 

“Why wouldn’t you? I mean, there are certainly more potential people to be your lover in the workplace now. There would be people with the same interest as you, and furthermore, we could relate our lives more, isn’t it?”

 

Soo In answered and Solar tried hard to maintain her smile on her face without answering.

 

“Don’t tell me… you’re still with that Moon Kiddo?!”

 

Song Hae gasped and she could see that their expressions changed immediately.

 

“What’s wrong with Moon Kiddo?!”

 

Hae Jung stood up to defend and Yong Sun barely managed to give her a smile as thanks.

 

“Yong Sun uh, c’mon, she’s just a kiddo and she’s what? Still studying now?”

 

“Well, at least she’s not out and doing nothing! We all met her in University and she’s a year younger than us, of course she’s still studying.”

 

“I really still don’t understand why you would fall in love with her. She’s so – so flirty!”

 

“She’s not! She’s only greasy towards Yong Sun. I don’t see her doing it to all of us. She’s always shy and quiet in front of us.”

 

“Of course she has too! We’re her seniors. I would’ve slap her to the stars if she dare to do it to us.”

 

“Why are you so against her!”

 

“Look, Yong Sun is not even saying anything, Hae Jung uh, why are you making so much noise?”

 

“That’s because you three are always bringing up this topic and drag that poor soul down into this argument. It isn’t fair to her and Solar! She’s our best friend! Shouldn’t we be supportive of her and wish them all the best? So long as Solar is happy, we should be happy for her too!”

 

Hae Jung exploded and Solar quickly held onto her friend’s arm and gave it a squeeze, thanking her.

 

“Hae Jung, it’s fine. Don’t get so work up.”

 

“Fine? You call this fine? They are degrading your MoonByul – “

 

“They’re just looking out for me…”

 

Solar replied softly and she saw Hae Jung deflate in disbelief.

 

“See? Even Solar knew so. Of course we ARE happy, but we will be happier if Solar could find a better one. One that is going to have a good job prospect in future and able to take care of Solar better.”

 

Soo In voiced out and Jung In nodded her head.

 

“Right, why settle for one that is younger, still studying and always stuck in her father’s little foodstore when there are better ones out there?”

 

“Answer me honestly, Solar. Is MoonByul really really enough for you? Now that you’ve a glimpse of the outside world, is she really enough?”

 

Song Hae asked and Solar could only stare at her dumbly.

 

Is she enough?

 

Is MoonByul really enough?

 

One year ago, she would answer that she is enough confidently.

 

But within this year, there are guys that are in senior ranks chasing after her. There are colleagues that are able to share and talk to her about work with the same passion. There are people that she could talk and share about what her future plans are in this job.

 

And to be honest, she finds herself enjoying more about the world ever since she started working.

 

And started spending lesser time with MoonByul.

 

And started sharing lesser things with MoonByul.

 

Not to mention, there were seniors asking her the same thing once they were on a good terms too.

 

“Oh! You’re dating? Who’s the lucky person?”

 

“What’s the occupation?”


“How old?”

 

“Ah..? An undergrad?”

 

“Oh… a year younger? Must be hard on you to be with someone that has yet to step into the real world?”

 

“Honestly, I was once like you, but as time passes, we share lesser common interest and topics and we broke up in the end.”

 

“You may think it’s enough, but it’s not.”

 

“It’s better to be with someone that is walking the similar path as you. You know? To match the lifestyle and pace…”

 

“See, you can’t even answer.”

 

Song Hae breath out mockingly and folded her arms as she leaned against the backrest of the chair.

 

Solar clenched her fist tightly and chose to ignore that betrayed look that Hae Jung was giving her.

 

She cleared awkwardly and picked up her glass of ice chocolate before giving it a sip, hoping to numb the guilt that was creeping up on her.

 

A buzz on the table startled her and she jumped a little before picking up her phone to read the message.

 

 

Moon Banggu Banggu

 

Need me to pick you up?

                                                20:30

 

It’s alright. I don’t think it’s convenient either.

                                                                                                                                                                                                20:31

 

Oh… where are you now?

                                                20:35

 

At Hongdae, a café near the subway station. Don’t worry!

                                                                                                                                                                            20:40

 

What time will you be going back then?

                                                20:50

Not sure. Probably around 10?

                                                                                                                                                                                                                 20:52

Right… rest well. Nights.

                                    20:53

 

 

 

Solar did not reply anymore, but she had stare at their message for quite some time till Hae Jung nudged her.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“What happened? Who’s that? You’re staring at the screen.”

 

“Just Byul.”

 

Solar said and smiled. She felt more comfortable talking to Hae Jung since the trio had went to the restroom.

 

“Why? She said something cheesy again that made you unable to react?”

 

Hae June asked with a teasing smile and Solar shook her head, feeling her smile dropped a fraction.

 

Cheesy?


To think of it now, MoonByul has not being saying anything cheesy or cringe-worthy to her recently. Instead, reflecting back on their conversation, MoonByul has been quite distanced and reserved actually.

 

There were no more cheesy lines and jokes. Even if there is, it gave Solar the feeling that MoonByul would usually stop it in time.

 

It seems like there is something holding her back and the more that Solar reflects, the more she gets worried.

 

MoonByul isn’t clingy anymore.

 

MoonByul isn’t touchy anymore.

 

MoonByul isn’t talking much about herself anymore.

 

MoonByul isn’t sharing much about her life anymore.

 

MoonByul isn’t meeting her much anymore.

 

“Solar?!”

 

“H – huh?”

 

“Are you alright?”

 

“Y -  yeah.”

 

No, she isn’t.

 

“Are you sure? You know you can tell me anything.”

 

Hae Jung reaffirmed again with worries clouding her eyes and Solar nodded her head absentmindedly.

 

“Hey… you know… don’t let other people’s comments get into you, especially about your relationship. It’s your love life and it’s your life. If you think MoonByulie is enough, then it’s enough! Don’t let others let you think otherwise.”

 

Hae Jung gave a pat on Solar’s hand and smiled.

 

“It’ll be bad if Moon Byul heard all this. You and I both know Moon Byul isn’t that happy go lucky girl as she looks like. She may looks all cool and all but trust me, I basically grow up by eating in her father’s food stall. She’s just like a little sister to me and you know, she keeps all these things by herself. Unhappy things.”

 

Hae Jun goes on and honestly, Solar felt so bad that she feels like crying.

 

But she didn’t, she merely hold on tightly to Hae Jung’s hands, feeling the need to find a support that she’s searching for ever since the day where people started to doubt her relationship with MoonByul.

 

But till the end of their gathering, she still could not find it and it makes her feels worse.

 

“Hey, we better hurry fix a time to meet up again!”

 

Soo In said and the rest nodded their head in agreement while Solar smiled.

 

“Yeah, let’s meet for dinner instead for coffee!”

 

“We could go and eat Army Stew! Since Winter is coming soon, army stew would be the best!”

 

Song Hae suggested and the rest agreed readily.

 

“Hey, is that MoonByul? She looks kind of familiar…”

 

Hae Jung asked as she pointed to a figure standing outside the subway station, wearing a black sweatshirt with dark blue skinny jeans that were folded at the ankle. A jacket was draped over her arm and she was wearing a black snapback over her blonde hair, covering her features that made it hard to recognize her.

 

“It does looks like byul…”

 

Solar muttered slowly as she squint her eyes, trying to figure out until the brightness from the opposite building's big screen lit up the figure’s face.

 

“Byul?!”

 

Solar exclaimed when she noticed that it was indeed her girlfriend and she hurriedly ran towards her with her friends catching up behind.

 

She was ready to hug MoonByul, especially with the guilt that was in her for the past few hours but the younger girl merely stood up straight and kept her hands in front of her before bowing ninety degrees towards her direction.

 

“Hello, seniors and Hae Jung Unnie.”

 

MoonByul greeted politely before standing straight with a small tense smile around her face.

 

“Hi Kiddo, how’s your dad? Heard that he fell down? Is it serious?”

 

Hae Jung broke the ice and MoonByul answered with a less tense smile, not knowing that Solar was frowning at the news.

 

Since when did uncle fell? And why didn’t MoonByul tell her about it?

 

“He’s doing great. Just a little sprain around his wrist.”

 

“So you’re manning the shop now?”

 

“Yeah. With the help of granny.”

 

“Right, how’s granny too?”

 

“She’s fine, stronger than me and my dad.”

 

MoonByul answered with a soft chuckle and Hae Jung laughed out, patting the younger girl on her shoulder before looking at Solar.

 

“Well, it’s time for us to head home now, I assume you’re here to fetch her?”

 

Hae Jung said while pushing the rest of her friends away, who were staring at MoonByul with disbelief.

 

“Right, go home safely, seniors.”

 

MoonByul greeted them once again with a bow while Solar greeted them with a small wave.

 

“Move! Why are you guys staring at Byul in this way?”

 

“No way, how could she be the chubby Moon Kiddo that we saw in university?”

 

“Yeah, this one here is so… goodlooking?”

 

“It’s the same person! For god’s sake, move.”

 

Both of them listened to the group’s squabbles as they walked to the subway station and went down through the escalator with eyes still on MoonByul, whom was greeting them with a slight bow through the glass.

 

“Why are you here?”

 

“Pick you up?”

 

“All the way from your dad’s stall?”

 

MoonByul merely gave a shrug as she draped her jacket around Solar’s work attire.
 

“I’ve an errand to run near here, so I thought why not. Aren’t you cold?”

 

MoonByul said and asked her gently.

 

“Are you angry with me?”

 

Solar asked gently while MoonByul’s eyes nearly dropped out.

 

“W – what? Why would I?”

 

Yeah, why would she? If any case, it should be Solar being angry with herself.

 

“Why would you wait for me? What if we took a taxi instead?”

 

“I should be able to see that? I mean, the café’s just along the street of the subway station.”

 

MoonByul replied carefully and innocently that it made Solar wanted to kiss her right there.

 

“Is there something important that you need to tell me?”

 

Solar asked again and MoonByul shifted her snapback uneasily.

 

“No?”

 

“Then?”

 

“Then what?”

 

“Why are you here all of a sudden when I said not to pick me up?”

 

Solar asked once again, not really understanding why is she doing this too. She just felt a need to search for an answer.

 

Answer to what, she doesn’t know too.

 

But she just need something, need something from MoonByul to find a support or anything. Just to find herself back again.

 

“Because I wanted to see you?”

 

“And that’s enough?”

 

“H – huh? You’re weird, Yong Sun uh.”

 

“That’s enough?”

 

“Enough for what?”

 

MoonByul is really confused right now.

 

“Enough for you to come and meet me from so far?”

 

Moonbyul laughed out now, with her head thrown to the back and she tumbled forward, hugging her love in the process and buried her head against her neck.

 

Her laughter was still bouncing off Solar’s body before she whispered softly in her ear.

 

“More than enough. You are more than enough for me to do anything.”

 

Solar almost cried there and then, but she held her tears in her eyes and threw her arms around MoonByul’s neck and hugged her tightly.

 

“I miss you so much.”

 

She sobbed out and Moonbyul pulled back hurriedly.

 

“Why are you crying?!”

 

“Because I miss you, idiot!”

 

MoonByul wiped off the tears on the chubby cheeks with her thumbs gently before smiling and leaning in for a soft and lingering kiss on Solar’s lips.

 

“Not because you’re sick of me since I’m not in the same pace and lifestyle as you?”

 

MoonByul asked gently with a sad smile and Solar pressed her lips tightly with tears rolling down from her eyes.

 

MoonByul knew.

 

“Never!”

 

Solar said and hugged the younger girl tightly, burying her face into MoonByul’s neck. She hoped that she could hugged away all those worries and doubt that MoonByul had and she hoped that she could hugged away all those guilt she had towards MoonByul.

 

“Don’t ever ever think of that. Don’t ever listen to what other people said to me about you. I’m yours. And you’re mine. And this relationship and love belongs to us. To hell with what other people says. You’re enough for me. You’re more than enough for me.”

 

Solar said firmly as she pulled away from the hug and cupped MoonByul’s face in her hands.

 

“A – alright. You’re fierce.”

 

MoonByul spluttered out and grinned as she looked at how angry Solar looked.

 

“You’re going shoot a hole in me with that laser eyes of you.”

 

“You’re enough!”

 

Solar stated firmly with a pout and MoonByul chuckled out loud while sliding a hand into Solar’s and interlocked it.

 

“I get it, I get it. Why are you getting angry at me?”

 

MoonByul shook her head as she dragged the angry and pouty girl away, towards the subway station.

 

“Can I stay over at your place?”

 

Solar asked as they descended down the escalator and MoonByul turned around and looked at her.

 

“Tonight?”

 

“Yeah, it’s the weekends anway. I’m staying for the weekends?”

 

“S – sure.”

 

MoonByul answered and Solar stared at the girl that was one step below her.

 

Why does everyone think that MoonByul isn’t enough for her?

 

She wondered.

 

But seeing how the younger girl smiled at her with her nose crinkled up and her cheekbone dimple showing, Solar threw away all these questions in her mind as she leaned forward and kissed MoonByul sweetly on the lips.

 

Moon Byul Yi is enough for her.

 

Screw anyone who said otherwise.

 

Moon Byul is enough.

 

Their love is enough.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PS: Thank you for all the comments, love and subscribes for the multi - shots. I did not expect that. At all. Thank you so much.

This is just another shot which I contemplate if it should be a angst or fluff. So... somehow it ended up in between. It's kinda around the place but I hope all of you would still enjoy. I'll write another one when I have a better idea. Thank you once again!