Is you

Scribbles of emotions

“Moon Byul Yi!”

 

Solar called out from the living room and listened to the younger girl fumbled inside the room.

 

“Are you ready? We’re going to be late!”

 

Moonbyul emerged out of the room with a coat over her right arm as she adjusted her cap with her left.

 

“I’m done.”

 

“Geez, that sure took you a long time.”

 

“Well, I just get back from work. And you popped out here out of a sudden telling me we’re going out ASAP. What am I suppose to do?”

 

Moonbyul retorted back as they get out of her apartment, walking towards the elevator.

 

“Well, if you don’t like it, I can go home now.”

 

Solar said as she folded her arms and stood at the corner in the elevator, pouting.

 

“Aww, I don’t mean that Youngsun Unnie! Of course I’m glad to spend time with you on Christmas Day!”

 

Moonbyul said she closed into Solar and hugged her, earning a push back.

 

“Argh, stop being so greasy.”

 

Solar said as she quickly made her way out of the elevator with a face of disgust while Moonbyul chased behind her.

 

“Unnie~”

 

“God! Why do people like you when you’re so greasy!”

 

“That’s because only you think it’s greasy while others knew it's sweet talk.”

 

Moonbyul said as they get in the cab and Solar merely rolled her eyes.

 

“Sweet to the point where people want to die.”

 

Solar said and Moonbyul merely pouted before closing her eyes and turned her face away from Solar.

 

“I’m sleeping.”

 

“Aww… Our Moonbyulie is angry, isn’t she?”

 

Solar cooed as she closed in and locked her arms around Moonbyul.

 

Moonbyul felt heat rushing to her cheeks at the close proximity and gulped. She tried to remain her cool by tugging her arm free but Solar pulled it back harder. The older girl then pulled out her earpiece and phone before shoving it to Moonbyul’s hands.

 

“There’s this song I want you to hear. Then give me some ideas for the production of our upcoming advertisement.”

 

“O – okay. Sure.”

 

Moonbyul plug the earpiece into her ear and watched as Solar did the same with the other one.

 

They listened to the music and fell asleep soon. They woke up when the taxi reached their destination.

 

Without wasting any time, Moonbyul paid the fares with much protest from Solar and entered the amusement park quickly.

 

They had fun with a lot of rides, playing those that they like the most and those that they had never ride before. Although there were a lot of people around, both of them did not mind to squeeze in together with the crowd.

 

Half way playing with the rides, Moonbyul laughed out loud when she heard Solar’s tummy growling. Pulling the older girl away from the long queue they were in for the next ride, Moonbyul brought the girl to a food stall and queue.

 

“It’s almost our turn! Why did you pull out?”

 

Solar mumbled unhappily while Moonbyul merely stared at the menu that was on top of the truck.

 

“You’re hungry.”

 

“My hungriness could wait!”

 

Solar retorted back and Moonbyul made a face at her.

 

“Well, I can’t afford you to be hungry. What if you fainted on that ride? I would have to carry you back and forth finding for treatment. That would make the two of us more miserable, wouldn’t it?”

 

Moonbyul said and Solar pouted before looking away from the younger girl who was looking back to the menu again.

 

“One strawberry waffle and one cider.”

 

Moonbyul ordered when it was their turn and Solar hurriedly reached in her bag to take her wallet out. But Moonbyul was faster in pulling out her notes and pay.

 

“Byul uh! Let me pay!”

 

“Why should I?”

 

Moonbyul asked as she collected her order and walked away together from the store with Solar.

 

“Because it’s supposed to be your belated birthday treat from me.”

 

Moonbyul took a sip of the drink as she passed the waffle to the older girl with an eyebrow raised.

 

“My belated birthday treat is to this amusement park and you’ve already paid for it.”

 

“No, it includes all the expenses here! You’ve already paid for the souvenirs and now the food!”

 

Solar said as she pulled out the bag that contained small-customized key chains both of them made, pointed to the headgear on their head and the waffle that was in her hand.

 

Moonbyul merely shrugged and smiled her broad smile.

 

“I’m happy. As long as the birthday girl is happy, you should be happy too.”

 

Solar looked on at Moonbyul, barely managed to smile because she felt like she has failed as an Unnie for Moonbyul.

 

She knew the younger girl was snatching to pay everything because of her situation.

 

They knew each other since university and Moonbyul knew Solar’s family situation very well like how Solar knew Moonbyul’s.

 

The younger is a photographer that has quite a name for herself based on the endless projects she has. Moonbyul has no family burden so far as both her parents owned a family restaurant and is quite well known too. 

 

As for Solar, she is a project manager in an advertising company. Her family was fairly well until two years ago where her mom fall ill and her sis went overseas to continue her masters. As her mom is ill, her dad has to take up a part time job instead to take care of her. Because of this, Solar’s often has tighter hands on the money that she spent. Most of it has to cover her mother’s medical expenses and house’s expenditure. It often left Solar only have enough to make end meets.

 

“Stop thinking and eat. I want to play some more.”

 

Moonbyul said as she knocked on Solar’s head softly before taking a bite on the waffles.

 

“Sure! I’m paying for the rest later on.”

 

“Whatever you say!”

 

Moonbyul stuck a tongue out as Solar sat down beside Moonbyul, sharing the drink and waffle together with the younger girl quietly.

 

When they were done with the snack, they went off to try on different rides again.

 

Two hours later, both of them admitted defeat to the crowd and decided to call it a day.

 

They went to the restroom where there were lesser people and as Moonbyul was done earlier, she went out to wait while leaning against the parapet and watched the rest of the crowd playing the rides happily.

 

Not to mention, she felt as happy as them too. Especially when she got to spend her birthday and Christmas together with the person she loves the most.

 

Her phone rang suddenly and she picked up to see a message.

 

A smiled spread on her face happily and she typed it back furiously. She was so engrossed in the conversation that she did not notice Solar coming out of the toilet and joined her side.

 

“What’s so happy?”

 

Solar asked when she saw Moonbyul smiling to the point where her nose muscles were seen.

 

“It’s Hani. She said she bought me the latest game and game console for my birthday and Christmas gift. She said she is going to give it to me soon.”

 

Moonbyul replied as she kept her phone into her pocket and looked at Solar.

 

The older girl heaved a small sigh and smiled faintly at Moonbyul.

 

“Sorry Byul uh…”

 

“Wh – what? Why are you saying sorry?”

 

Moonbyul asked in alarmed at the sudden apologies.

 

“I’ve known you for so long yet I couldn’t even give you those presents that you wanted the most separately.”

 

“Wh  - what? Nonsense! You’ve always given me the best present that I’ve ever receive for my birthday and christmas.”

 

Solar merely smiled sadly at Moonbyul. She knew the younger girl is always kind with her words.

 

“Unnie…”

 

Moonbyul called out and held onto Solar’s hands gently.

 

“I don’t need a lot of present from you. I just need you to grant me a wish.”

 

Moonbyul said seriously and Solar smiled a little cheerful than before.

 

“I can grant you any wish, byul uh.”

 

“Any?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Well… since you’ve already given me my birthday present, which is this trip to amusement park. Then you’ll only need to give me one more Christmas gift.”

 

“And that is?”

 

Moonbyul gulped nervously before pulling Solar closer to her.

 

“All I want for Christmas…”

 

Moonbyul started and Solar looked at Moonbyul with her big round eyes that Moonbyul falls in love with.

 

“… is you.”

 

There was silence between them for a moment and Moonbyul was already breaking into cold sweat from her sudden confession and the shocked look from Solar’s face.

 

But before she could said anything more, she felt warmth on her lips before it was gone.

 

“U - unnie?”

 

“Your wish is granted.”

 

Solar said bashfully before tugging on Moonbyul’s winter coat and pulled the younger girl towards her before kissing her sweetly.

 

Moonbyul never wanted a lot from Solar at all.

 

Because, in honestly.

 

All she wants is her - Solar.

 

She only wants Solar.

 

Nothing else mattered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Merry Christmas to everyone! Hope everyone likes it! :D