You

Scribbles of emotions

A soft whine was heard across the dark master bedroom where two figures were sleeping soundly on their warm bed. There was a soft thud, a soft ringing sound before a loud cry break out from the little cot.

The shorter brunnette on the bed squirmed a little and woke up slowly as the crying sound finally registered in her mind. She forced her eyes open before sitting up on the bed. The crying sound was still loud and when the drowsiness finally left her body, Solar hurriedly get off her warm bed and shuffled over to the other end of the room where her little baby girl was. When she reached the cot, her little girl was protesting strongly, kicking her legs hardly in the air and screaming her lungs out. Solar knew her precious’s face is red for sure even if it is dark in the room.

 

“Alright, alright. Mummy’s here.”

 

Solor whispered softly as she scooped the baby girl from the cot and gently rock the girl in her embrace.

 

“Are you hungry?”

 

Solar asked quietly before throwing a glance to the digital clock that was beaming in blue at the side of her table. It’s 3.30am. Solar sighed. The little girl just had her fill 3 hours ago. She shouldn’t be awake for milk at this time at all. Glancing back at her still crying girl, Solar quickly feel her diapers. It was dry, so why was the little girl crying?

 

“Hush baby, you’re going to wake your da – da up.”

 

Solar said as she watched the blonde that was stirring a little on the bed. Feeling helpless and not wanting to wake her lover that just came back from two consecutive shift without much sleep, she carried her baby and went out of her room quietly.

 

“What’s wrong with you hmm?”

 

Solar asked as she dandled the crying baby girl beside their ceiling floor window at the living room. They could view the city from their apartment’s height and besides the streetlights, the city was as quiet as it should be in the midnight. But apparently, her little girl doesn’t think so as she continued to cry her lungs out.

 

“You’re not having a fever, you just had your feed and your diaper is dry. Just what’s wrong with you, baby?”

 

Solar asked as she kissed the baby’s forehead and tried humming a lullaby while swinging her body side to side.

 

“Please stop crying, you’re hurting mummy.”

 

Solar said with a worried frown. Her baby girl hasn’t been like this before, and seeing how she isn’t calming down easily made Solar worried. Before Solar could do anything, she felt a pair of arms wrapping around her waist and a soft kiss on her temple.

 

“Byul?”

 

She heard a hum before she was turned around to face the blonde that was sleeping soundly earlier. Guilt came across her face when she saw how tired the younger girl was from her continuous shifts due to an operation that she has for a case.

 

“What’s wrong with Ha Neul?”

 

Moonbyul asked while taking a look at her six months old baby that was still crying in her mummy’s embrace.

 

“I don’t know. She hasn’t been like this before.”

 

Solar said while looking at Ha Neul and dandled her again.

 

“Maybe she’s hungry? You did mention her appetite isn’t that great as before when she’s sick for the past few days. But since she’s recovering, her appetite may be coming back.”

 

Moonbyul said while carresing her daughter’s soft chubby cheeks before wiping the away the tears.

 

“Let me carry her?”

 

Solar nodded her head and allowed Moonbyul to carry their baby into her arms before she went to the kitchen and prepare the milk.

 

“Hi my little sky, did you miss da – da? I missed you so much when I could not see you for the past two days. Luckily da – da managed to catch the bad guys and solve the case! If not I would have to stay in the station and could not see my darling and mummy for more than two days…”

 

Solar listened to Moonbyul’s soft yet charming voice while she was preparing the milk and strangely enough, Ha Neul’s cries seems to cease after a while. When Solar returned from the kitchen, what she saw brought a smile to her face.

 

Ha Neul’s crying has turned into little sniffles and she was staring at Moonbyul’s face with her big round wet eyes that seems to sparkle from the reflection of the citylight. And Moonbyul, Moonbyul was staring back at the little girl with a gaze so soft that it seems that she was afraid that if she was to gaze any harder, the little girl would break.

 

“Seems like she misses you a lot too. Look at how her crying has stop when you just talk to her.”

 

Solar said as walked towards the two loves of her life and passed the milk bottle to the younger girl.

 

“Or maybe it’s because she could smell the delicious milk that her pretty mummy is preparing.”

 

Moonbyul said while pressing the milk bottle to her baby’s lips and watched how Ha Neul drank the milk down hurriedly.

 

“How could you be so cheesy even though it’s in the middle of the night?!”

 

Solar retorted back with a gentle push on Moonbyul’s arms. Moonbyul chuckled and replied with a grin.

 

“Because it’s me?”

 

Solar laughed and heaved a small sigh before wrapping her arms around Moonbyul’s waist from the side.

 

“Yeah, because it’s you… what would I do without you?”

 

Solar whispered softly as she watched her baby’s eyes fluttering sleepily while drinking her milk.

 

“Hey…”

 

Solar looked up when she heard Moonbyul’s voice and soon, a kiss was pressed onto her lips. It lasted for a few good seconds before Moonbyul moved away.

 

“I love you.”

 

She whispered onto Solar’s lips and a smile spread across Solar’s face before she replied.

 

“I love you too.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Ha Neul is referred as sky in Korean

Because they are moon and sunrise, and Moonbyul has star in her name. So I thought that their child should be name as sky. Because you will only find moon, star and sun together in the sky.

Just a thought. Thanks to the person on tumblr whom came out with this suggestion of storyline, I managed to think of this story.