Morning Breakfast

Scribbles of emotions

The sizzling sound of egg on the frying pan filled up the kitchen. Solar turned her body away from the stove and pull out a loaf of bread from the fridge. She took out two slices of bread and popped it in the toaster.

 

Turning her attention back to the egg, she took the spatula and flipped it over, careful not to break the yolk. It took a while before she scooped the cooked fried egg and placed it on an empty plate. Solar then cracked another egg before picking up the two slices of toast that had jump out, and replaced it with another two slices of bread.

 

Humming along with the song that was playing softly through the speaker, she went back to the fridge and took out a carton of milk before pouring it into two glasses.

 

Once she was done with the breakfast, she washed her hands and wiped it around her shirt as she walked out of the kitchen.

 

She walked towards the bedroom and slide open the glass door slowly before creeping up the king sized bed where a figure was buried in their huge white comforter.

 

“Byul uh, wake up.”

 

She called out softly as she shook the figure gently. Being a light sleeper as usual, Moonbyul shifted her body and pulled the blanket down slowly.

 

“Morning, wake up and have breakfast.”

 

There was a groan and she has to laugh at it. Up till now, Solar has no idea why the blonde finds eating breakfast a chore.

 

“C’mon, I know you’re tired. But at least eat breakfast first and then you can go back and sleep. If not, I don’t think you’ll eat anything until dinner.”

 

Moonbyul hummed with a frown on her face before sitting up and yawned behind her hand.

 

“C’mon. I made your favorite.”

 

Moonbyul whined a little before stepping out of the room and went for a quick wash up. When she was done, Solar was already at the dinning table eating.

 

“Morning, thanks for the meal.”

 

Moonbyul muttered as she took the glass of milk and drank half of it. Then she was back staring at the plate of food in front of her.

 

“Byul.”

 

Solar called out and Moonbyul raised her hands before picking up a slice of toast. Slowly, she started to nibble on the side of the bread mindlessly.

 

“Byul uh…”

 

Solar called out exasperatedly before giving out a chuckle.

 

She leaned forward with her cutleries and cut up the egg before feeding it to Moonbyul.

 

Giving up and totally not in the mood to eat, Moonbyul dropped the slice of toast in her hand back to the plate and opened .

 

Solar shook her head as she watched the younger girl chewing lazily with her body leaning against the table.

 

 

 

 

“Unnie! Please help me to make sure my boss eats her breakfast!”

 

Hyejin called out as she walked past the counter and waved to Solar.

 

“Who?”

 

“The girl with long black hair over there. I’m late to meet Wheein! Please make sure she finishes the breakfast. If not, I think you’ll be devastated that your café’s motto is going to ruin by her.”

 

Hyejin pointed to the lady with black hair leaning her body against the chair. Her most selling plate of breakfast in front on the table, untouched.

 

“She’s Moonbyul!”

 

Hyejin said before running out of Solar’s café. The older girl heaved a sigh and continued her work, but strangely, she did not take her eyes off the girl that was sitting there.

 

To Solar’s surprise, the girl really did not eat her breakfast and was just sitting there for the whole 2 hours. When she walked over, she realized that the girl was sleeping. Shaking her head, Solar kept the plate of untouched breakfast and honestly, her pride was hurt.

 

No one resisted her delicious breakfast set before.

 

And her café’s motto always works.

 

“Sunshine breakfast, sunshine day. A clean plate gives a clean bright day.”

 

Yet this girl could sleep in front of her and not even eat a mouth of it.

 

Hyejin was right; she’s not able to swallow this truth. In order to save her café and her pride, Solar decided to make one new plate and brought it out to the girl.

 

“Hey, eat up.”

 

She called as she shook Moonbyul awake. The younger girl roused and stared at her blearily.

 

“Hyejin told me to make sure that you eat your breakfast. Which I think, it’s most likely lunch now. But since my café only served breakfast all day, I changed a new plate for you so eat it.”

 

Moonbyul sat up straighter, feeling a little better after having a two-hour sleep from pulling an all – nighter, and stared at the lady in front of her and the plate of breakfast.

 

“Yeah, thanks…”

 

Moonbyul picked up the fork and picked up some salad. She started nibbling her food and Solar heaved a sigh before sitting opposite her. She observed the girl a little longer and noticed that Moonbyul was merely picking around with her food.

 

Before she could say anything, Moonbyul’s phone rang and she watched as the girl picked up with a sigh.

 

“Hello, Inspector Moon speaking.”

 

“Yes, we found a body last night at the river. Yes yes.”

 

Solar eyes widened at the news but Moonbyul was speaking with her hand covering her eyes, thus not noticing that Solar was still there listening.

 

“Yes, believe to have died for at least two days. The body was purple and swollen. The head is missing.”

 

There was another silence and Solar felt like puking with the information.

 

“We opened up the bag. It’s a lady.”

 

“Clean cut? Hmm… alright. Keep me updated. The team that took over is still looking for the missing head.”

 

“Alright.”

 

Moonbyul hang up her phone and heaved a sigh before rubbing her face tiredly. When she raised her head, she was surprised to see Solar sitting opposite her with a pale face.

 

“I – I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to listen to the conversation. I was just wanting to tell you to eat up.”

 

Moonbyul smiled a little before waving her hand weakly.

 

“It’s alright, I know Hyejin can be a little bit scary sometimes. I’ll eat. No worries.”

 

“How are you able to eat after seeing such… incident?”

 

“You learn, you learn. I’m usually just picky with the first meal. So don’t worry.”

 

“Do you want soup instead?”

 

Moonbyul shook her head with a smile before picking up the fork and started eating again.

 

But before she could eat another mouth, Solar had took away her fork and scooped up the food for her.

 

“Eat it up.”

 

“Eh?”

 

“If you’re continue to pick the food, it’s going to turn cold and disgusting. So, I’ll scoop for you and you’ll just eat and chew.”

 

With that, Solar started scooping up the food and Moonbyul just eat and chew.

 

It turned into a routine.

 

Moonbyul would often drop by Solar’s café. The younger girl will still pick at her food and Solar will always sit opposite her and feed her.

 

Slowly, this routine turned into something more.

 

Their breakfast meet ups turn into lunch date.

 

Lunch dates turns into movie dates.

 

Movie dates turns into couple dates.

 

But one thing never changes.

 

And that is, Moonbyul still is picky over the first meal, especially after long working hours.

 

And Solar still has to feed the younger girl before the food turn cold after 2 hours.

 

 

What could be a fast 20 minutes meal had turned into a 40 minutes meal. By the time they were done with breakfast, Moonbyul was already wide-awake.

 

“You’ll wash the plates hmm, I’m running late.”

 

“It’s Sunday.”

 

Moonbyul finally spoke as she stood up and put the dirty dishes into the sink before turning it on and washed it.

 

“I’ll be back by 3pm.”

 

Solar said as she stood up and went to take a quick shower before changing into her working clothes.

 

When Moonbyul was done with the dishes, she entered their room and hugged the older girl from behind, arms wrapped around the waist.

 

“Why?”

 

Solar asked softly as the Moonbyul give sniff kisses on her shoulder blades.

 

“I love you.”

 

Solar laughed softly before turning to face Moonbyul and wrapped her hands around her neck.

 

“I love you too.”

 

Moonbyul’s eyes fell onto the tempting lips before leaning closer and kissed it gently.

 

“Don’t go please.”

 

Moonbyul asked as she broke the kiss, with Solar lying on the bed and Moonbyul on top of her, legs between hers.

 

“I’ve to work.”

 

“You’re the boss.”

 

“That doesn’t give me the reason to skip work.”

 

“I miss you.”

 

Moonbyul whined and Solar cupped the younger girl’s face before kissing it gently.

 

“Maybe if you eat breakfast yourself just now, we could have some time together.”

 

Solar teased the younger girl and watched her pout.

 

“Well, you know I’m picky with the first meal…”

 

Moonbyul trailed off before leaning against Solar’s ears and whispered.

 

“If it’s not you…”

 

Solar squeaked before pushing Moonbyul off, hitting the laughing Moonbyul before getting off the bed.

 

“ert!”

 

Solar shouted before going to their waredrobe and picked up her working clothes. She slipped on a white t-shirt and pulled on a blue skinny jean before tying her hair into a bun.

 

Moonbyul, who was doubling over laughing, had finally settled down and sat on their bed staring at Solar lovingly.

 

She watched as Solar finished preparing herself before scooting to the corner of the bed and pulled Solar into her laps.

 

“I love you.”

 

She whispered before kissing Solar gently on the lips, mindful not to mess her lipstick up.

 

“I love you too.”

 

“Thanks for feeding me breakfast.”

 

Moonbyul said before hugging Solar tightly and stood up with her.

 

“My honour.”

 

Solar winked as she went to the door and put on her sneakers with Moonbyul following behind.

 

“I’ll pick you up at 3pm. Movie date at 5.”

 

Moonbyul said and Solar smiled before leaning in and kissed the taller girl on her lips.

 

“See ya!”

 

Moonbyul smiled as she watched the sunlight hitting on Solar as she walked along the corridor.

 

She loves that her day started off with her sunshine by her side.

 

She loves that her day started off with her sunshine feeding her breakfast.

 

She loves that her day is always filled with a special sunshine.

 

“Love you, my sunshine!”

 

Moonbyul called out loudly and watched as redness and embarrassment crept up on Solar’s face, whom was hurriedly chasing her back in the apartment with her hands.

 

Moonbyul laughed out loud.

 

She loves her sunshine.

 

Very much.