Warm

Scribbles of emotions

Warm

 

The thunder roared loudly in the background, with flashes of lightning brightening the sky every few seconds. The rain was strong and heavy, hitting everywhere with its powerful droplets, as if they were playing a strong tempo on the drums.

 

Solar heaved a sigh as she paced around the house, often times stopping by the ceiling ground window and tried her best to squint through the dark blurry vision caused by the rain to spot the familiar figure.

 

Solar let out another big sigh as she walked back towards the living room and plopped herself down on the couch, hands on her phone, contemplating whether should she make the call. But then again, she knows the call most probably would be ignored, just like the previous five calls.

 

Solar buried her face into one of the cushions and let out a muffled scream. They shouldn’t have quarreled just now. It was really a small matter. So small that Solar felt embarrassed to think of it now.

 

It started out with Moonbyul, her girlfriend, finished her favorite chocolate and ice cream without stocking it up. Usually, Solar does not mind it and would get it by herself or together with Moonbyul at the nearby supermarket. However, she really had a bad day at work and it did not help that her boss called and talked about an unfinished work that doesn’t even belong to her when she barely settled down at home. With the boss constant nagging, pleading and scolding over the phone, Solar had no choice but to agree and helped to finish the work with her boss. A burning flame was already in her when all she wanted to do was to have some chocolate to distress before starting on it, but to find none.

 

Not knowing or noticing anything, Moonbyul came in with a big basket of dirty laundry and placed it in front of Solar with a big smile.

 

“Unnie! It’s your turn to do laundry this week!”

 

Moonbyul had said it brightly and innocently but to the already annoyed Solar, it was irritating to the max and after knowing that Moonbyul was the one who finished her chocolate, it just triggered Solar off.

 

They had a quarrel, but one that mainly was Solar venting her anger and annoyance on Moonbyul who quietly accept everything and then escaped by going out to get the said chocolate and ice cream for Solar in hopes to calm her down.

 

But neither had expected that it would rain so heavily and it got Solar worried because the younger girl had apparently went out without an umbrella.

 

“MOON BYUL YI!!!”

 

Solar screamed out and cowered in fear when a thunder roared loudly after it. It took another five minutes of nerve wrecking waiting before Solar decided to go out and search for Moonbyul. However, just as she was about to reach the door, it opened and entered a very drenched blonde.

 

“Hi.”

 

“Byul uh.”

 

“I’m back.”

 

Solar stared at her with a pair of wide eyes. The blonde’s eyes were red from the rain, her clothes were wet and weighing down on her thin but strong frame and her blonde hair were dripping with water.

 

“You’re so wet! Hurry get in, I’ll get a towel for you.”

 

“Wait! At least helped me bring this in first? The ice cream is about to melt and I hoped your tteokbokki is not wet.”

 

Moonbyul stopped her before bringing out a plastic bag from inside her wet and heavy jacket with a little weak smile.

 

“Hurry, please.”

 

Moonbyul pleaded with her teeth chattering and Solar hurriedly snatched the bag before dumping it on the counter and ran to their room to get a towel for her love.

 

“You should have just stay at the supermarket and gave me call to pick you up or wait for the rain to stop!”

 

“I don’t want you to get wet.”

 

Moonbyul replied softly as she dried her hair while Solar took off her wet jacket.

 

“Then, at least, wait for the rain to stop.”

 

“I don’t want you to get hungry since you need to work.”

 

“Am I the only thing that is on your mind?! Can’t you think for yourself?”

 

Solar chided as she pulled the younger girl that was in her wet long sleeve shirt and jeans into the toilet.

 

“Having you always on my mind is the same as thinking for myself.”

 

Solar blushed at the soft but sincere confession. It left her speechless but seeing how Moonbyul sacrifice her own safety and got so drenched still made her upset. She pushed the younger girl into the toilet and folded her arms.

 

“Hurry and shower before you catch a cold! I don’t have time to take care of you.”

 

Solar instructed firmly before closing the door shut.

 

“And as a punishment for making me angry and worried, you’re doing the laundry this week!”

 

Solar heard a small groan from inside the toilet and couldn’t help but smiled a little. She heard the shower before leaving to the kitchen and kept the chocolate and ice cream in the fridge.

 

As much as she had wanted to eat it just now, seeing the said chocolate and ice cream now made her feel a sting in her heart. When she remembered how Moonbyul had just braced through the night and heavy rain just to get it for her, she couldn’t bring herself to enjoy it for now anymore.

 

Once the food was kept in the fridge, Solar made two cups of hot chocolate before she went to the living room and get started on her work.

 

Twenty minutes later, she heard the toilet door opened and she glanced up through her spectacles to see Moonbyul walking out with a black sleeveless tee and shorts, her hair-dripping wet.

 

“Byul uh, wear something warmer please. You’re going to catch a cold.”

 

Solar called out before turning her attention back to her laptop.

 

“Later.”

 

Moonbyul replied as she carried the basket and disappear into the laundry room.

 

It took another thirty minutes before Solar was finally done for the day and it was when she realized that Moonbyul was nowhere to be seen after she went into the laundry room.

 

Solar sighed as she kept her things and brought the cup of cold chocolate drink to the kitchen to warm it up again. She then went into the laundry room and saw Moonbyul leaning against it with her hair half dried and her bangs brushed backwards.

 

“I told you to wear something warmer right? What are you doing over here?”

 

Solar mumbled softly as she went to the younger girl and slipped her arms around Moonbyul’s waist.

 

“I’m waiting for the laundry to be done.”

 

“But you don’t have to wait at here for thirty minutes.”

 

“Well, it’s warm in here and I’m lazy to go in and out.”

 

Moonbyul said as she leaned her head against Solar’s shoulder and buried her face in her nape.

 

Solar squeaked at the hot breath against the neck before pulling away slightly.

 

“I’ve warmed up hot chocolate for you. Go and drink it then change into something warm. I’ll hang the laundry.”

 

Moonbyul nodded before leaving the room.

 

After finding the living room and kitchen was dark after hanging their laundry, Solar head straight to the room only to find Moonbyul had just changed into her trainers pants.

 

“Come over here.”

 

Solar said to Moonbyul as she walked over to the dressing table. Once Moonbyul was close, she turned her around and tugged on her to sit on the ground, in between her legs. Soon, a low buzzing sound filled the room as Solar started to dry Moonbyul’s hair. The younger girl merely closed her eyes and enjoyed the warm on her head and the soft combing from her lover’s fingers.

 

Moonbyul almost fall asleep from the warmth of the hairdryer, the soft combing of her lover’s fingers and the sweet scent of Solar had not Solar stopped it when her hair was completely dry.

 

 

“Alright, let’s get to bed.”

 

Solar said as she kept the hair dryer and walked to their bed where Moonbyul’s black sweatshirt was. She picked it up and walked over to the drowsy girl before pulling it over her head and planted a kiss on Moonbyul’s forehead.

 

“Yongdonnie no. 1 fan, it’s time to sleep.”

 

Solar cooed softly to Moonbyul and chuckled when Moonbyul whined as she slipped her arms into the sleeves slowly.

 

Solar pulled the younger girl up and adjusted the sweatshirt neatly before leading the half sleeping girl to the bed and tucked themselves in.

 

“Byul uh?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Are you feeling alright?”

 

“Mhmm…”

 

“No longer feeling cold?”

 

Moonbyul opened her eyes and looked at Solar pitifully.

 

“Actually, I still do.”

 

Solar panicked upon hearing that.

 

“Where?”

 

“Here.”

 

Moonbyul replied as she shifted closer with her eyes close and lips puckered.

 

Solar flushed deep red at the greasy attack and rolled her eyes.

 

“I really don’t understand how you could be greasy at every opportunity you have.”

 

Moonbyul opened her eyes and smiled widely at the blushing girl.

 

“Why not if it makes you warm like this?”

 

Moonbyul retorted and grinned before leaning closer and kissed Solar softly.

 

Solar hurriedly wrapped her arms around Moonbyul’s neck when she felt her pulling away.

 

“I can’t do greasy, but I can continue to keep you warm like this if you don’t mind.”

 

Solar whispered shyly before pulling Moonbyul down back and kissed her deeply.

 

“I won’t mind to be freezing cold everyday if this is how I’m going to be keep warm.”

 

Moonbyul whispered before planting a soft peck on Solar’s lips again.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PS: This is just a random story inspired by platumoon's fanart. Hope everyone likes it even though it's really a short one. Anyway, this chapter marks the end of this series! Thank you for the constant support! :D