Answers

Caring too much
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dressed in his running gear, Kwangsoo leans against the wooden railings at Hangang park. Seoul's skyline and the colourful autumn leaves frame the river as it glitters in the afternoon sun. The air feels crisp and the sky is a cloudless clear blue, a gorgeous Sunday for a leisurely jog. 

Inside, he's not feeling as relaxed though. He's unsure about what he should say to Jongkook.

Really, it's not rocket science. But the elements that came together made it difficult for them to remain together. 

Noona just got out of a relationship and quickly dived into another. She judges herself for that. Add Jongkook, who doesn't talk much about feelings. The problem became bigger than it actually was, driving them apart.

The end.

Simple as that.

The problem lies in helping Jongkook to understand in a way that doesn't undermine Jihyo's feelings. Kwangsoo chews on his thick lip as he thinks. He really doesn't know how best to do it.

He sighs for the umpteenth time, running his long fingers through wind-tousled hair. This was why he insisted to meet Jongkook in person, rather than talking over the phone where he cannot gauge Jongkook's reactions, that tended to reveal more than what he says. 

"Kwangsoo!" He turns towards the voice and sees Jongkook jogging lightly towards him. His eyes run over the well-built man, dressed in dark running tights and a fitting tee, revealing the curves of his muscles that run down the length of his body.

Damn. His Hyung looks good. 

Jongkook reaches him in a few seconds. "Hey, you're early today. Let's go." 

They start their jog down the wooden sidewalk, the gentle breeze kissing their faces. 

He is unsure what Jongkook really wants to know, needs to hear. He decides to keep quiet. And for awhile, the only sound they hear are the crunch of their shoes hitting the ground, the chirping of birds in the distance.

"Kwangsoo-ya," Jongkook starts. "Do... do you know why she wanted to end things with me then?"

Context, he needs to know why now, of all times. 

"Hyung, it's been so long and you've never asked. Did...did something happen last week?" He doesn't remember them speaking during the gathering. But he learnt that Jongkook had sent her home. 

The next thing he knew, Jongkook was calling him, frazzled and wanting answers. 

Jongkook turns to face him, running backwards alongside him as he speaks. "Jihyo, she was drunk and..." He trips and his voice falters.

He stops jogging. "She said she still has feelings for me."   

Kwangsoo's mouth fall open as he raises his eye brows in shock. 

Damn you, Alcohol. He just knew something like that would happen from the speed that she almost inhaled the soju last night, loosening the tight rein that she has over her feelings for Jongkook. 

"Did you know? Kwangsoo-ya? Has she ever told you?" 

"No, Hyung... she never did." That much is true. 

Jongkook pinches his nose bridge as he turns to lean against the wooden railings, the jog abandoned. He exhales heavily. "Kwangsoo-ya. Tell me what you know. I don't know what to do." Jongkook grips the railings tightly.

"I don't know what she wants me to do." 

He watches as Jongkook squeezes his eyes shut.

He moves next to Jongkook and rests his elbows on the railings. "I'm not sure what you want to hear. Do you really want to know what I think?" He's unsure if he should ask this question, but it seems important. "Hyung, you've never told me. What's the status between you and Gajin?"

Jongkook growls as he slams his palms against the railings, narrowing his eyes at him. "This is not about Gajin."

Taken aback, he raises his hands up immediately in mock surrender. But he presses on. "Ey Hyung, you wanted to know what I think. Gajin, she loves you. All of us can see that. How about you?"

Jongkook's eyes turn dark. "No." He sighs, his head bent.  "I... I tried Kwangsoo-ya. But no. What are you driving at?"

Jongkook eyes him uncertainly. "Are you saying that Jihyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter