Meeting the parents

Caring too much
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Leaning his elbows on the window frame, Jongkook stares out into the inky night. He lives at the foot of a hilly neighbourhood, and in front of him are dots of light, scattered across the hillside.

Each light signifies a family. In each family, there are parents and children that agree on certain things whilst disagreeing on others. 

Eomma doesn't want Jihyo to be with him, he can understand that. She has always been protective. He barely coped when Jihyo left him in the past. In Eomma's world, she probably thought that she was doing what was best for Jongkook.

Probably.

Her methods though, were definitely too extreme. Rubbing his palm tiredly against his face, Jongkook lets out a sigh. He never thought his mother would stoop to this level. Blackmailing Jihyo - something he could not understand.

No.

Was Eomma too invested in his love life? Now that Hyung wants to introduce Kwangsoo to their parents, he hopes that someone else around to worry about means that Eomma would focus less on his love life.

Hopefully. 

He's not sure why Hyung wants his parents' blessings though. His older brother always acted like their views did not affect him in. But maybe he had thought wrong. Maybe Hyung just didn't know how to get their blessings. Maybe Hyung just assumed they wouldn't understand, like how he assumed that Jongkook wouldn't understand. 

Maybe. 

He's also a tiny bit worried that Eomma would be overwhelmed if all of them turn up at the same time.

How would she respond? 

"Oppa." A soft voice jolts him out of his thoughts.

Jihyo slides her arms around his waist and rests her cheeks on his back. "What are you thinking?" 

He turns away from the dark scenery at his window to face his girlfriend. Her hair is wild like a lioness' and her voice is husky from sleep.

And she looks absolutely beautiful. 

"Nothing." He says, reaching out to tame her hair for her. 

They decided to return to his place for the night. Jihyo looked utterly exhausted, her eyes puffy and hooded, and even though he knows it was no fault of his, he still feels a stab of guilt that she has to shoulder so much disapproval from his mother. 

It can only go uphill from now, right? 

"Nothing?" Her voice teasing as she reaches out to the tense area between his eyebrows.

"Nothing you should worry about. Why aren't you sleeping more?" His hand automatically resting on her forehead to check her temperature.

Thankfully it has gone down a little. 

"Because I woke up and you weren't there with me." She wrinkles her nose, her voice a pitch higher and it is the most adorable sound.

Jongkook is slowly learning that their relationship now is different from the one they shared before. Whilst their first relationship was sweet and loving, it also had a tentative and cautious undertone, with a lot of sidestepping of issues and sweeping things under the carpet to "make things work".  

Their relationship now though... well yes, they still have issues to iron out and all. But both of them are more willing to rely on each other. To be brave and trust in each other instead of trying to handle on their own. 

He likes this. Their bond feels warm and open and... real.

Bending down, he captures her soft lips in his.

Using his lips, he parts hers gently, his tongue darting out to taste her. Like honey. He smiles when she responds readily, tilting her head get a better, closer angle to her tongue against his.

The friction drives his senses wild and his fingers slip under the hem of her shirt to the base of her spine, needing to touch her, to feel more of her.

Jihyo moans softly. He leans away from her to catch his breath and look at her. His heart thuds loudly in his chest when he finds her eyes half-lidded and cheeks reddened, when he realises that he had the ability to make her want him. 

Her head moves forward to chase after his lips, and forms a pout when he chuckles, tickled. He's not sure if she even realises how insanely cute she looks.

"You're getting more and more sticky, aren't you, Song Jihyo-ssi?" He murmurs, pulling her closer to him, her hips pressed flush against his as his lips caress the tip of her ear. 

She grins before sighing a little, leaning her forehead lightly against his chin. "I know I know. You're a bad influence."

He brings his face down to nudge her nose with hers.

A chaste eskimo kiss.

"Good influence, you mean. I like it when you're like this, Jihyo-ya. Very much." 

The prettiest smile graces her features. " And I like you very much too, Mister." She slips her palms up to cup his cheeks. The depth of emotion in her eyes is like a woolley blanket, enveloping him in a cold winter's evening. Jongkook closes his eyes to enjoy the moment.

"You look tired, Oppa." She whispers, a hint of concern in her voice as she his cheeks with light thumbs.

He hums and leans into her hands.

"Are you feeling worried?"

He nods again, before dropping his nose to nuzzle the pulse point on her neck. She hums softly as a shudder runs through her body, but doesn't say anything else, allowing him soak in her lavender scent and presence.

He wants this. No matter what happens tomorrow, he knows he wants this.

And she wants this too, right?

"Jihyo-ya, no matter what happens tomorrow, stay with me okay? Promise me."

His mind only settles when he feels a nudge against the side of his head.

Her hand threads gently through his hair. The soft tips of her fingers massages his scalp firmly and the se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter