Home

Caring too much
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for your support everyone. Every subscriber, commenter and voter kept my heart warm while writing this slightly sad story.

It will get happier. Promise x 

 

 

"Over here, Kwangsoo!" Jihyo shouted as she waved at the lanky man. "Noona!" Kwangsoo runs towards her, arms outstretched.  She laughs as she allows herself to be enveloped by the man, who has never changed his warmth towards her, regardless of how badly she had hurt his hyung.  "So happy to see you again, Noona. I've missed you so much." "Me too, Kwangsoo. I've missed you too." She returns his tight hug with a smile.

She had returned home for good two weeks ago and was busy with unpacking her belongings.  She didn't tell anyone about her return, didn't announce anything on any social media platforms and only informed a few of her closest friends.  When this dongsaeng of hers found out from Haha (who found out from Byul, that woman) that she was back, he called her immediately and demanded a meet up.  

Kwangsoo examines her as they sat down at the table. She looks thinner than three years ago when he sent her off and her eyes seem wearier, like she has seen too much. They kept in touch through text intermittently over the three years, but really, it's not the same as meeting face to face and taking in every single detail of the person and conversation, over a warm cup of java. "How have you been, Noona?" She sips her coffee as she tries to summarise her experience.  "I'm good Kwangsoo. I learnt a lot about how to better help people and my experience living overseas definitely helped to put things in perspective." 

She doesn't regret her decision to pursue her dream. She has always known that she wants to help people for a living. She decided on psychology as an undergraduate because really, she's not the most conscientious student and tended to doze off in class. Psychology lectures were the only ones that kept her awake and interested. However, a degree wasn't enough. In order to qualify and really help others with proper skills, she needed to train at an established institute as a clinician. Jihyo didn't want to train anywhere but at the best. Even if that meant that she had to be away from home.

That's the problem with you Jihyo, you couldn't settle for less. 

Her attention returns to the conversation when she sees Kwangsoo's long fingers fluttering in front of her eyes. "Ehh Noona, isn't it your job to pay attention and listen to others? You sure you're any good at it?" teases Kwangsoo as he gives her a cheeky grin. She slaps him lightly on his arm and gives him a shove. "Yah Lee Kwangsoo. I'm definitely good at what I do - I start work next week." His eyes widens in surprise as he gaped at her. "Noona you just came back! Man, you're really something", he mutters as he gives her a quick side hug. "Where? Which hospital?" "Queen's. Enough about me. What were you saying again Kwangsoo-ya? How are you?"

How's Jongkook? 

Over the three years while she was in London, it's not like they didn't contact each other at all. He had afterall, come with Kwangsoo to send her off. Amidst her family and friends, he had stood awkwardly at the side, big hands stuffed deep in his pockets. It was the first time she saw him since their break up. She had stolen glances at him,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter