Once again

Caring too much
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jihyo lays in bed, tugging her stuffed tiger close to her chest. It's Byul's wedding tomorrow, and the thought of walking down the aisle with Jongkook makes her heart flutter.

One would have thought that their recent closeness means that she would not feel as nervous around him. 

And the truth is, since Jihyo learnt that Jongkook is single again, she did feel more at ease spending time with him.

The quiet afternoons shared at a corner of the hospital's park, impromptu coffee dates at the now-special cafe next to the hospital or even the random texts that he would send her in the evenings when he worked late and needed a dinner date.

All these little things are no longer an emotional burden. Instead, they have become little things that she finds herself looking forward to, once again. 

And with their past no longer hanging overhead like a gloomy cloud, she allows herself to secretly relish the sunny smile on his face that greets her whenever he sees her and enjoy the tingle that shoots up her spine whenever his knee brushes against hers.

They seem to be find their way back to each other. 

She blushes at that thought, and her face heats up even more at the memory of that rainy evening when he asked her to wait for him. 

Wait for me to find out what this means, he said. Give me some time, he said. 

She still remembers the tenderness in his eyes when he kissed the back of her hand.

Does he really still feel something for her? Even after all these time, even after what has trespassed?

"But if yes, then what next?" She asks her pink stuffed tiger. 

It only gives her its silly grin.

Does she want to enter into a relationship so soon after she returns?

With her ex-boyfriend current boss, no less. 

And what if it's a no?

She buries her head into her tiger and knocked its soft paws repeatedly against her forehead.

Stop stop stop overthinking this Song Jihyo!  

But he has been very caring during the past week, hasn't he?

Under his watchful eyes (and nagging mouth), her arm and shoulder underwent a complete recovery. He ensured that he attended each follow-up visit to Jaesuk with her and took note of everything he said. This could be considered a breech of confidentiality, especially when Jihyo had tried not to let him know about the appointment timings.

Well, she didn't want to bother him, really. Especially with his busy schedule.

Yet, she also knows that he sees himself as the one who caused her injury, and thus has taken it upon himself to make sure her arm heals properly.

She didn't want him to bear any leftover guilt from it. No. She wants him to be able to let it go, like how he has helped her with their past. 

And when Jaesuk finally removed her bandage for good, his whole face had lit up and his eyes went all twinkly. She knows because she was watching him. 

He had completely missed the look in Jaesuk's eyes, too busy giving her a properly tight hug, squeezing her close to him as he congratulated her. 

Not her though. She had taken in the bespectacled man's arched eyebrow and little smirk. 

But she just sat there and let Jongkook hug her, enjoying the feeling of his strong arms and bewitching warmth enveloping her, whilst blushing like an idiot and trying to avoid her doctor's eyes for the rest of the appointment. 

Hopefully, she wouldn't see Jaesuk anytime soon after her recovery.

Preferably, not ever.

The hospital's big enough, right?

 

 

Jongkook stands under the white wedding arch with Haha, greeting guests who are streaming in to witness the event. 

Beautiful pink roses weave their way across the metallic structure, set as the entrance to the garden reception for the wedding. It's a beautiful Saturday evening and the couple is blessed with warm, balmy weather, with the orangey-yellow sun shining gently through the white cottony clouds that are sailing their way lazily across the blue skies.  

Perfection. 

Suddenly, a loud wail breaks the tranquil atmosphere.

At one corner of the sea of white chairs are two children fighting. Jongkook spies Hyunwoo, Sukjin's toddler and their page boy, grabbing the flower girl's basket. The little girl refuses to budge and holds on to her basket determinedly with her little fists.  However, she quickly bursts into tears when the rose petals spill unto the floor, her sweet face flushed with emotion.  

Jongkook chuckles at the sight. "Looks like we've got trouble. Who's our flower girl?"

"Byul's niece. Jion's usually a cutie though. Wonder what happened?"

Haha is just about to make his way over as he gestures for Jongkook to stay at the entrance, when Jihyo appears behind the children.

She kneels down and wipes away Jion's tears gently. 

His heart melts at the idyllic picture of her, looking gorgeous in her blue d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter