The fitting

Caring too much
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jihyo walks swiftly towards the entrance of the bridal boutique with a skip in her step. It's the day of the fitting and she's looking forward to spending some time with her best friend. 

Stepping into the cosy little boutique, she marvels at the rows of gowns lined on the racks hanging on both sides of the shop. It has a casual yet classy interior and knowing Byul's expensive tastes, she is aware that the price tags are more than likely to have a heart-stopping number on them. Whatever. It's a once in a lifetime event for her best friend. She feels more than happy to splurge. 

The shop assistant leads her to a corner at the back of the shop, where the area is dimly lit save for a little stage in front of the mirror that is illuminated by three spotlights hanging off the ceiling. On the round carpeted platform, stands her beautiful best friend, looking breathtaking in an exquisite white mermaid gown. 

"Omo, woman. That looks amazing." She walks towards Byul to give her a tight hug before leaning back to take a closer look at the gown. Delicate pearls trace the hem of the neckline, giving off an iridescent sheen when light reflects off them. "Have you decided on it?" 

Haha, dressed in his tux and looking even more like a penguin than he usually does, stands up from black velvet couch adjacent to the mirror to greet Jihyo. "I think she should, shouldn't she? Yeobo, I think you look beautiful in this." He adds as he reaches for Byul's shoulders to twirl her around. 

Byul blushes prettily and grins at her fiance. "Should I, Oppa? I really like this one too." Haha nods and give her a quick peck on her cheek before settling back into the sofa. 

Byul clasps Jihyo's hand and leads her to the changing area.

"Hey, I've picked out a few dresses. We've decided on using light blue as the theme for the wedding and they have quite a few dresses of that colour here. I'm sure you can find one that you like." 

Jihyo nods excitedly and browses through the dresses that are hanging on the changing rack. She picks a simple dress cut from a combination of soft silk and light chiffon. "This one looks really pretty, doesn't it?" 

Byul gives her a wink as her wedding dress consultant leads her behind a changing curtain. "I knew you'll pick that one. Try it on and see how it feels." 

Jihyo turns towards her designated shop assistant with a quick smile. "Could you help me put this on please?" 

 

 

Jongkook comes out from the male changing area, holding his silk necktie in his hand. Haha looks up from the wedding catalogue that he was perusing through and lets out a wolf whistle. "Wow. My Hyung. You look good man." 

The muscular man grins as he checks himself out in the full length mirror. The hours spent at the gym meant that the sharp black suit looks well-fitted on his body, even before any alterations. He runs his fingers through his wavy brown hair before sliding the blue necktie under the collar of his white shirt, a little unsure of what to do with it as he's never worn bow ties before.

"Oppa, look at this. Doesn't Jihyo look absolutely gorgeous in this?" 

He looks up to see Jihyo and Byul walking out from the female changing area.

As his eyes focus on his pretty best friend, his heart starts to pound rapidly, as if it is intent on jumping out of his chest at any moment. 

Jihyo looks absolutely stunning in a sleeveless dress, in the same colour as his necktie. With a chaste but classic boat neck, it highlights her delicate, pretty neck and dainty collarbones. The dress narrows into a V at her waist and the lower, billowy part of the dress flares out gently as it falls to her ankles. 

She gives him a small wave when she catches his eyes and tucks her loose shoulder-length hair behind her ear. "Eo, Oppa. You're here."  

He blinks rapidly as he rubs the back of his neck with his palm in a vain attempt to calm himself down.

"Ji- Jihyo-ya. You look amazing." She pinks and smiles happily, the blush accentuating her cheekbones. "Thanks, Oppa. You're not too shabby yourself." She says as she fingers a corner of her neckline. 

His cheeks burn as he tugs on the silk necktie self-consciously, mirroring her movements. 

When he realises that she had removed her sling to put on the dress, he wrinkles his nose. "Jihyo-ya, you removed the sling? Does it still hurt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter