Promises

Caring too much
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After his mother left, Jongkook returns to his living room. The couch is empty and his wooden blinds flutter desolately in the afternoon breeze.

The girlfriend is nowhere to be found.

Where did she go?

Ring ambles over to him, his collar tinkling with every step. He leans down to pat him, a little absentmindedly, on his head.

"Jihyo? Where are you babe?" He calls out.  

A sudden pang of worry seized him as his heart starts to race. She couldn't have left by the backdoor, right? 

No.

She wouldn't. Right?

He hears her before he sees her.

"I was just in the bathroom Oppa. Has Eomonim left?" He can feel his whole body relax when he whirls around to see her emerging from his toilet, looking everywhere but at him. 

He lets go a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"Oh babe." Opening his arms, Jongkook gestures for her to come to him. 

She moves closer and he could see that her eyes were rimmed with redness and her nose, snotty. Her face is flushed and her smile hangs brightly from her cheeks.

Too brightly.

It is frustrating how Jihyo always tries so hard to display her strength. It only makes his heart ache even harder for her. 

"Oh babe. I'm so sorry." says Jongkook as he pulls her in for a hug, burying his nose in her neck, his fingers her hair.

"It just came as a surprise to her. Eomma just needs some time." 

She only nods as she sinks deeper into his chest. Her fingers trail under his shirt to touch his bare skin. As if to ground herself with his presence. "I know, Oppa. I know. I'm okay." 

"Jihyo-ya," he says, squeezing her hip slightly before leaning back to cup her face. "I know what Eomma said was horrible. But I know what I'm doing, I know that I need you. You have to trust me."

Jihyo looks away, a look in her eyes that Jongkook couldn't quite read.

He tries not to panic. He places both his hands behind the small of her back to bring her closer to him. 

"Promise me that we'll face everything together. That you'll not just leave without saying a word."

She hears the desperation in his voice and her startled eyes meet his.

Jongkook's face grows hot.

Up until now, he hasn't revealed how insecure he was about their relationship. He's always tried to be the strong one. The person that she can lean on, the friend that coaxes her to be weak in front of, the lover who protects her.

He knows that as long as she stays with him, he can be that person. He makes her feel invincible. And he's doesn't want anyone to take her away from him. Especially Jihyo herself. Not anymore. 

"Oppa, I'm so sorry. It will not be like before." says Jihyo as her fingers reaches up to ease the crease in his forehead, her eyes are warm with love. "I promise, Oppa," she says as she grabs one of his hands to weave her fingers tightly through his.

Her other hand slides up the curve of his neck to gently rub away the tension there. 

"You can trust me too." 

He smiles, reassured by her words and her soothing touch. He is struck by how vulnerable he feels about their relationship. And how easily she can take it away just by the warmth of her touch and the upward tilt of her lips. 

Like magic.

He presses his mouth against her smooth cheeks, nipping her skin gently.

"Don't try to deal with this on your own, let's go through this together Jihyo-ya. Okay?"

She nods and he bows his head down again to meet her, pressing against her lips gently before coaxing them open with the tip of his tongue.

"Tell me your worries baby." He murmurs before slanting his lips to deepen the kiss. His tongue against hers, caressing her, as toe-curling shivers stretch down the length of his back.

She always has this effect on him. 

"Let me to be there for you this time." He says as he walks them towards the middle of the living room.

When the back of his knees hit the couch, he sits down and drags her towards him, making her straddle his lap.

"Okay, love?" he asks hotly in her ear before giving it a little .

She giggles at the sensation and tucks her face in the warmth of his neck. "Love?"

He smiles as he her hair with the back of his hand. "Yes, love. Promise me."

"Okay Oppa, okay."

He tightens his arms around her and rests his cheek against her hair.

It's amazing how they have gone from strangers back to lovers so easily, so comfortably. How their bodies fit so well, like long-lost puzzle pieces finding each other once again, sliding perfectly back into place. 

He plants a contented kiss on top of her head. 

They'll be fine as long as they stay together.  

 

 

"Noo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter