Opening up

Caring too much
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jongkook loses himself in his thoughts and Jihyo slips her hand under his crisp shirt to his bare skin. He smiles weakly at her touch. His warm kiss scatters shivers across her shoulders when it touched her cool forehead.

Before she hung up on Kwangsoo earlier, he promised to help her with Jongkook. The selca was sent to her phone in an instant. Although he was nervous about his Hyung's reaction, he had decided to take the plunge for his Noona, agreeing to speak to Jongkook face to face.

For her considerate, thoughtful and at times, self-sacrificing dongsaeng, Jihyo will always be thankful.

Her earlier worries about their relationship dissipates when she learns about what Jongkook really thinks. It is tempting to beat herself up for thinking that he will disapprove of homouality, allowing herself to think of him as narrow-minded. It only goes to show how close-minded she really is. Now she should focus on helping him to feel better.

Yet Jihyo doesn't know what to say to Jongkook to take away his disappointment.

Her eyes trace his handsome profile, taking in the darkness clouding his eyes and the tension around his lips. He has always tried to manage his own feelings, determined not to burden his friends and family with it. She never really learnt just what helps him feel better. 

The best thing that she can do is to work harder at trusting him, and help others to trust him too. She prays fervently that she will never do anything that will let him feel misunderstood again. Pressing another kiss on his brow, she leans back and whispers. "Kwangsoo is waiting for us, Oppa. Let's go talk to him."

Their ride to Kwangsoo's is quiet. Her fingers are intertwined with his long calloused ones as he drives. Jongkook appears distracted, whilst keeping his eyes on the road. The only acknowledgement of her presence is the of her knuckles with his thumb.

His touch is soothing. As the car speeds down the empty highway, she succumbs to her heavy eyelids and her vision slowly turns dark.

After the emotional roller coaster that she went through, her tired body can definitely do with some recharging. 

She gradually becomes aware of a gentle caress against her hairline. The strong fingers her skin rhythmically and it feels almost like a massage. 

She stirs, opening her eyes only to see Jongkook's concerned brown ones. Looking around, she takes in the familiar carpark. It feels like it was only a moment ago that she closed her eyes. "Have you waited for long, Oppa?" she croaks, , thick and sore.

"No, we only just got here babe." He says tenderly as his thumb skims the sensitive area beneath her eyes. "How are you feeling baby? You must be exhausted. You sure you want to do this today?"

Her sleepy eyes takes in the tenderness in his eyes, revealing how important she is to him and sending a tingle down her spine. It only increases her desire to show him that his needs are just as important as hers. 

Leaning forward, she gives him a light peck on the corner of his lips, before moving to unbuckle her seatbelt. "No Oppa, we need to clear this up. I wouldn't be able to rest easy if it isn't anyway." 

Conviction glints in her eyes and he sighs, acceding easily as he gives a little nod. "Okay." He slides out of his seat and jogs over to open her door. She doesn't care much for such gentlemanly antics. Jongkook knows, but keeps doing it anyway. She smiles and slips her hand in his toasty palm, squeezing it lightly. "Let's go, Oppa." 

Kwangsoo opens the door when they ring the bell, his tall stature filling up the entire door frame. 

Before he could say anything, she reaches forward to crush him as best as she could in her arms. He hugs back with equal fervor, his long arms winding around her tightly.

"Thanks, Kwangsoo-ya." She whispers into his ear. "This means a lot to me."

He only gives her a fond smile when he steps back. Jongkook steps in after her. She turns to look at them worriedly, her teeth gnawing on her lower lip. 

In his Hyung's presence, Kwangsoo visibily cowers, with an almost visible anxiety striking his features. "H- Hyung... " Jongkook watches him as he gapes, unable to continue his sentence.

Suddenly, the muscular man grabs Kwangsoo's arm and twists it behind his back. "Ow ow ow!" Pain coloured his eyes as he yelps. But the arm only gets shoved up higher up his back, "Hyung!!!"

Jongkook's facial features narrow playfully, easing the tense moment with a grin. "This is what you get for hiding things from me." He aims and flicks Kwangsoo's wide forehead. "You think I will treat you differently just because of who you like, huh?" 

The awkwardness in the air evaporates in a heartbeat. 

Jihyo scuttles backwards to the couch as she watches the scene unfold.

The picture of the two men, wrestling like children on the floor brings nothing but sweet relief. The familiar sight of Kwangsoo protesting weakly as Jongkook tackles him only tugs the corners of her lips upwards.

Is this how Jongkook manage awkward difficult situations with his friends? She's not sure if it's the best method, but it sure seems effective. The muscles in her back relaxes and she rolls her tight shoulders a few times. Leaning back, she sags like a ragdoll into the couch.  

"You lousy person, do you even treat me as your Hyung, huh?" Jongkook growls out as he presses Kwangsoo's face down.

The dull uncertainty in Kwangsoo's eyes fades and is quickly replaced with a twinkle, brightening up his face. He gapes for awhile, and Jihyo hopes in amusement that he mopped the floor in the morning. "Sorry Hyung! I'll do anything for you!" Jongkook's eyes are mischievous, but his countenance is compassionate. "It makes no difference to me, you're still going to be my minion. Understand? Now go grab me a beer." says Jongkook gruffly as he lets him go. 

Beer? Jongkook rarely drinks. Only when it means something to him. Like Haha's favour at his wedding.  

"What Hyung?! Beer?"

"To celebrate, of course! Let's drink to you coming out." He sends a tender look her way, "You okay with that babe?" 

Before Jihyo can respond, Kwangsoo tugs his muscular shoulders in for a tight hug. "Thanks Hyung." He hollers before bringing his cheek in for a series of sloppy kisses. Jongkook shoves his slobbering lips away like he always does with a roll of his eyes. But Kwangsoo does

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter