Unanswered questions

Caring too much
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jihyo can feel the heat of the sun against her face. She hears the chirping of birds, the faint hustle and bustle of morning. She opens her eyes and winces when her head throbs. She's in a car. Parked at her... neighbourhood? Someone must have sent her home last night. 

She whimpers as she feels the strain in her neck and the ache in her back. Man, she really needs to lay off the soju. A jacket is draped around her, keeping her warm. She sits up slowly whilst holding the slipping jacket in place. Whose?

She yawns lazily, before freezing when she notices the person in the driver seat. There, asleep next to her, is Kim Jongkook.

In the gentle sunlight, his bronze skin glows. His chiselled jaw is tilted towards her, his brows furrow even as he dreams. His mouth is slightly parted, revealing a hint of his straight teeth. Her gaze travels down the length of his neck and then stops. She stares, hypnotised, as his broad chest rises up and down rhythmically, his breathing even.

Her body relaxes back into the seat as his comforting, woody scent envelops her.

It's been a long time since they were this close to each other. She sighs softly as a pleasurable tingle shoots up her spine. 

"Jihyo-ya, you're awake?" A deep voice, husky from sleep.

Her eyes dart back to his face to find him yawning and rubbing his eyes. She blushes, embarrassed that she was caught staring. "Eo, Oppa. Did I wake you?"  

He cracks his neck, giving a delighted groan when it popped satisfyingly. "Don't worry about it, Jihyo-ya. I was awake awhile back but fell asleep, I think. How are you feeling?" He stretches, suddenly taking up the entire space in front of her.

She tears her eyes away from his built body. "I'm okay Oppa, thanks for sending me home last night. You really should have woken me up." She gently chides as she returns him his jacket. Honestly though, she's not quite ready to leave its warmth. 

Jongkook gives a small smile, and as if he can read her mind, places the jacket back around her shoulders. "Keep it on, it's still cold outside. Come, let me walk you home." He reaches for the car door. 

Her hand springs forwards to stop him, not wanting him to fuss over her too much, not after he spent the entire night waiting for her to wake. "Hey there's no need to, you look exhausted and you have to go get ready for work anyway."

He pauses at her touch.

She quickly withdraws her hand. "Really Oppa, I'm okay. But I'll take the jacket, it is a little cold." She gives him quick smile. That should work.

Jongkook considers for a bit but seems to relent as he rubs his nose bridge. "Okay then. But I'll watch you go up then I'll drive home."

Jihyo nods, reaching for the door handle. 

"Jihyo-ya..." He pauses.

She turns back, too quickly, flinching as the world spins wildly around her. "Eo?"

Jongkook is looking at her with searching eyes, the deep crease now back in his bushy eyebrows. Then as quickly as it appeared, the frown disappeared and he gave her a wide, easy smile. 

"Nothing. Jihyo-ya, you must be feeling the effects of a hangover right now. Remember to eat something before you take any aspirin." 

Her face grows hot, embarrassed and also annoyed by how well he knows her. "Eo Oppa. Thanks again for this. I'll see you around." She gives him a tight smile before quickly exiting the car. 

 

Jongkook sighs as his car winds through the morning traffic. He turns the radio up, hoping to block out his thoughts, blasting music loudly through the stereos. But his mind keeps going back to what Jihyo said, how vulnerable she looked. 

"Help me, Oppa. I still love you." It's daylight and he still has no answers, only more questions.

If you love me, then w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter