Better together

Caring too much
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I miss you babe -Kooks

Aw already? But we just met this morning! -Baby

Yeah. My heart is calling out to you. Can you hear it? -Kooks

All I heard was an announcement for Dr. Choi to A&E. Are you at A&E? -Baby

Only if i don't see you soon. Let's not risk it. -Kooks

You cheeseball -Baby

Only for you babe. Done for the morning? Lunch? -Kooks

Now? -Baby

Meet me at the park? I got us beef bibimbap -Kooks

Sold. Give me 15 mins -Baby

 

Jihyo was worried that dating someone at work meant a lot of secrecy and rumours. 

However, she quickly learnt that it wasn't just that. Dating someone at work can also mean stolen moments and kisses, meaningful glances along the corridor and like today, respite from her ridiculous workload.

It meant having her very own recharging station at her fingertips.

And the neverending, delicious anticipation that his twinkly smile may appear at the next corner. 

 

 

Wish I could take a photo of your face just now. -Kooks

I was mortified. Your secretary was looking at me with judgey eyes -Baby

Was he? Should I fire him? Also, should I check with Security if the CCTVs caught your cute expression? -Kooks

No, and no. Please don't. Don't embarrass me, Oppa. -Baby

That's two favours you're asking, baby. -Kooks

Baby..? -Baby

Yes, baby? (So you owe me two now!!) -Kooks

I don't know whether to cringe or laugh Oppa. And two what? -Baby

I'll let you know baby -Kooks

STAHP. You're distracting me... baby. OMG I'm cringing. -Baby

Stop lying. I know you like it, baby ;)  -Kooks

I'm blushing like an idiot, you idiot. Okay my patient is here. Later, baby... CRINGE. -Baby

 

Jongkook had always been envious of the work that Jihyo does. It seems to come naturally to her and when she's working with or for her patients, the world seems to just melt away.

But now, he finds himself looking forward to work too. He finds himself organising his schedule around breaks with her, finding motivation in constantly upgrading the hospital's services before meeting her to share his plans and goals. She would always have something to add, she would always be better at knowing what the patients' needs are.

She keeps him on his toes and makes him want to be better.

And of course, now work also means "bumping" into her, just to see her smile and the magnificent way it lights up her features. 

 

 

Jihyo slides into the soft leather car seat and eyes the expectant look on Jongkook's face, leaning over to give him a quick kiss on his cheek. It's the weekend and it is a glorious day - blue skies, fluffy clouds and balmy sunshine - perfect for an outdoor gathering at Sukjin's. He gives her a big grin. Before she could lean back to put on her seatbelt, he cups her cheek to kiss her fully on the mouth, tugging on her lower lip gently. 

"We're going to be late, Oppa." She murmurs against his lips, just as his tongue takes the opportunity to meet with hers tenderly. She moans at the sensation. Tingly sparks spread across her back as she fists his shirt in her hands, holding onto him as he kisses her deeper.

He only lets her go when she starts to gasp for breath. "Hello, beautiful." He says, sounding a little breathless himself. 

They take a glance at each others' outfits and there is a beat of silence before they burst out laughing. Jihyo is dressed in black denim shorts and a white blouse whilst Jongkook is wearing black berms and a white shirt.  

"So much for hiding our relationship." Jongkook says as he puts on her seatbelt for her.  

"Should I go up and change, Oppa?" She tries to stop him from securing her into the seat, ready to bolt out of the door. 

"No. You look perfect like that. What did I do to deserve you baby?"

Baby.

Jihyo rolls her eyes at him as she allows him to fasten the seatbelt properly, trying her best to ignore the heat that is spreading rapidly across her cheeks.

He didn't even call her baby in the past. 

"You really need to tone it down a bit Oppa. Especially later, in front of the guys." 

He reaches over to tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ears, his eyes the colour of melted chocolate, before pulling out of her carpark. "Why Jihyo-ya? I'm quite sure they will be supportive." 

"They were the ones who had to pick up the pieces after I left you." Jihyo says simply. 

"Hey." Jongkook reaches over to grab her hand in his. "They were our biggest fans when we were dating, yes, but we're all friends first. Both before and after the break up. They didn't take sides. All they want is for us to be happy." 

She intertwined her fingers around his, taking in the warmth from his palm. "You think so?" 

"Of course. I know so." He brings their hands up to his mouth to press a kiss on the back of her hand, his eyes never once leaving the road.

She looks at him, wondering how he could be so confident about their friends' reactions, about them.

She wonders how he could be so sure about her. "Oppa." 

"Yeah baby?" 

She giggles and rolls her eyes. "You better not call me baby in front of them." 

 She can see a twinkle in his eye as he grins. "Yeah? What are you going to do about that baby." 

"This!" She reaches over to grab a handful of his golden brown hair, a playful twitch in her chest, before giving it a hard yank.

"Ow ow ow, BABE!" He yells as he tries to smack her hand away. "I'm driving!!"  

 

 

Jihyo and Sukjin's wife, Sujung, end up mann

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter