On the other side

Caring too much
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Honestly I'm quite relieved to begin writing Jongkook's side of the story. Jihyo's feelings for Jongkook was too conflicted and angsty, and it was seriously starting to affect my mood. 

Did it feel the same for you guys while reading it? 

In this story, Jihyo and Jongkook's inner and outer personas are switched. Or at least that's how the story is writing itself. But do do do comment if you have any thoughts on how I can work on this story x 

 

 

The Queen's hospital comprises two main buildings connected by glass walkways on every level. Jongkook was walking along one of these walkways when he received a phonecall. He stopped in his tracks and waved his secretary away to pick up the call in private.

"Kwangsoo?" 

Jongkook turned to face the hospital garden, one level down, nestled between the basement clinics of the two buildings. It's a bit early in the morning for his dongsaeng to be calling him. 

"Hey Hyung, just a heads up - I... I met Noona last week and we talked a little about you. She knows that you're at Queen's now." 

Ah, it's about Jihyo. 

Jongkook knew that Jihyo will be starting work today and if he was really honest with himself, he was looking forward to meeting her.

Jihyo-ya, have you been well?

He hopes that she would find out that he did not arrange for her job application to go through at Queen's. As the acting CEO, he doesn't really participate in the hiring process.

The Jihyo he remembers had always hated to bother others. He doesn't want her to think that she was anything but capable for the job. She had a stellar resume and he was genuinely impressed. She would be an asset to the hospital.

He sheepishly rubbed his neck as he recalled the lengths he had taken to take a peek at her job application. 

"Eo. Thanks for this, Kwangsoo-ya. Did she say anything else?" Kwangsoo paused. "Not really Hyung. She didn't say much. Though she did seem like she wanted to hear more about what happened." 

That's a surprise.

After they broke up, she had never taken the initiative to contact him. They had agreed to remain friends, but she didn't really respond to his attempts at making conversation.

Maybe the thing about break ups is that it's really difficult to draw the line between love and friendship, no matter how hard you try.

He wonders if she is looking forward to meet him too. He smiles as an adorable image of a younger Jihyo appeared in his mind.

Jihyo had joined the gang at uni and they were actively involved in council activities. As the maknae of their group then, she was naturally 'appointed' to be the chairperson for the freshmen camp. 

He chuckles when he also recalls Kwangsoo's 'manly' beard that he sported as a freshman.  

The five-day camp was packed with activities and many problems had cropped up along the way. But they had chosen well. she was able to manage all issues that had come up and some more. Her ever-bright spirit and cheer had ensured that freshies and seniors alike had enjoyed themselves fully.

They spent the final day of the camp playing beach games. Haha and Gary had playfully tricked her into blindfolding her eyes as they led her to a deserted part of the beach. They told her that she had to undergo an initiation ceremony - a tradition for leaders to thank them for their hard work. And dear Jihyo had believed them.

He had watched from afar as the cheeky duo had quickly shovelled sand up to her knees, burying her deep into the sand, before quietly running away. Jihyo, trusting them, had waited thirty seconds as instructed before removing her blindfold.

The boys had already ran far away, laughing loudly as they high-fived and sprinted across the shore.  

He remembers the look on her face when she realised what had happened. She shouted in their direction and had gestured wildly. After the guys were out of sight though, she had sat heavily down, with her feet still buried knee-high in the sand.

Then he saw the fight leave her.

He watched as her face crumpled, shoulders heaving as she started to sob.

He remembers how achey his chest felt when he saw that.

Five days of running around, ensuring that everyone's needs were taken care of must have exhausted her. Although the seniors did help out whenever they could, she had taken it upon herself to make sure that she covered all bases.

And they had let her, mostly because they believed Jihyo could and she did complete whatever she set out to accomplish. Plus she se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter