Suspicious

Mysterious Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                It already few days after that incident but Ryosuke still worry if Karina still affected with that. He remembers that girl is intense cry-baby when they were kids and know she will never grow up from that even already become an adult. He pass-by an accessory shop and found something interesting in there. His mind says, “I’m sure she will be really happy with this.”

                Ryosuke buys something from the shop and walks to Karina’s workplace. He just in mood to see that girl working in that shop even he rarely goes to the shop in order to cover-up their relationship. She smile to watch her working and let out tiny chuckles when witness her almost trip over something invincible as that really show up her clumsy side.

                He quietly walks into the shop without grab any customers’ attention. Old workers in that shop already know his relationship and willing to act like nothing happen. His blood boils when see a male customer slyly hold up Karina’s hand when she want to give the shopping bag. He could see how that girl wants to break off but that guy really persistent.

                He quietly get near to them with intention to pull that guy off from his childhood friend while silently clutches his fist. He quickly hides behind something when the shop manager appears to control the situation. He tries to figure out the right timing to appear but then, surprise when the shop manager appear just next to him and says, “You can go to meet her at the staff room.”

                He carefully walks to the staff room to search for Karina and she turns when sense someone else in the room. He hears that girl mutter, “Ryo-chan…”

                He could see that girl at brink of tears and abruptly pull her into his hug to calm her down.  He slowly whispers to her ears, “You already do your best to stand it. No one will bash you.”

                “I hate it! I really hate it! It feels really disgusting just now!” Karina begins cries in his arms and hold on him. Ever since kids, she really hate some strangers casually hold her because of some trauma.

Flashback~~

                Karina can’t stop crying when she accidentally gets separate from Rin and Ryosuke when they go for festival. It’s not she cry because afraid but a group of drunken guy chasing behind her with ill intention.

                “Don’t get near me!” shout Karina.

                One of the guy drunkenly says, “You don’t have to act like good child and we will show you the way for you to become a great woman.”

                She trip over stone that make her fall to the ground and hurt her knee that make her can’t move. Her tears are already pouring out from her eyes while hoping that moment is just a scary nightmare. She could see dirty hands slowly creep towards her body and she closed her eyes.

                She tense up a bit when a pair of arms wraps her but relax when knows it is Rin. She hears Ryosuke scare those guys by threating to report that incident to police. Since that day, she always creates distance with everyone including people that close with her but that slowly recover with help.

End of flashback~

                Ryosuke just let her in his arms to her calm down but he surprise when it only last for few minutes; he thinks that too short to calm down. Karina is the one that break off the hug and he could see tiny smile on her face to show everything’s okay. He tells her, “I will wait for you at the back of the shop until your shift end.”

                “It’s cold outside. You can stay here but just don’t do anything weird in here.” Say Karina.

                “What about other workers? Won’t they freak out to see me here?” ask Ryosuke as he really wants to avoid trouble. The last thing that he wants to do is to break that girl’s heart and ruin everything.

                Karina casually says, “They don’t really get in here at time like this. They only walk into pantry when they only want to eat… usually at afternoon. Ah, I need to return back to work.”

                He make phone call to Rin as he want to invite her to join them but he can’t reach her phone. He feels weird as he knows that girl never switch off her phone no matter what happen. He decides to check on place for them to eat that is nearby since he sure they will be hungry after that.

**************

                After two hours, Karina returns back to the pantry after make sure everything close except for back door. She really surprise to see Ryosuke still awake as she thinks it will really bored to wait there for long time. She says, “Wow! You’re awake!”

                “If I was asleep, what you will do?” ask Ryosuke.

                Karina takes out her phone and says, “Of course I will take picture of you sleeping and make some doodle on it.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter