Chapter 20

A family

Chapter 20

 

Everybody entered the room in silence. Kyuhyun was lying on the hospital bed with a drip attached to his left hand and a sensor slipped onto his pointer finger to measure his heartbeat. Kyuhyun had a couple of bandages on his face, shoulder and hands but other than that he seemed to be in a deep sleep. 

 

The only sound that filled the room was the beeping sound of the monitor as everyone stared at their Kyuhyun. Finally, the silence was broken as a sob was heard, everyone turned to the direction of the sound and saw Leeteuk sobbing uncontrollably. "Leeteuk hyung what's wrong?" Donghae asked as he held Leeteuk's hands. "It's just that...I feel so guilty....so guilty for what I put him and all of you through......and yet all of you forgave me so easily although I don't deserve to be forgiven......and I failed Mom and dad, they told me to take care of every one of you but because of my own foolishness Kyuhyun is lying on the hospital bed and what if he wakes up hating me forever…it's all my fault!" Leeteuk cried out as he fell to the floor. 

 

"That's enough!" Ryeowook shouted as he crouched down to look Leeteuk in the eye.  "It's true that what you did before was wrong but all of us forgive you and now it's time for you to forgive yourself. If you are afraid that Kyuhyun would hate you, then make it up to him. Repent for your mistakes by treating him better and not by blaming yourself." 

 

"Ryeowook's right Leeteuk hyung, blaming yourself won't make anything better, furthermore it wasn't only you who made Kyuhyun's life miserable, all of us except Ryeowook and Hankyung are also to be blamed. But I promise I will do everything in my power to make it up to him." Heechul said. 

 

Leeteuk nodded as he stood up slowly and grabbed Ryeowook's and Hankyung's hands while pulling both of them in for a hug. "You're right Ryeowook, thank you so much for being Kyuhyun's pillar when the rest of us ignored him and Hankyung I know I shut you down when you tried numerous times to talk to me about Kyuhyun and I'm really sorry about that. I promise I will never be that monster ever again and I will do everything to make it up to Kyuhyun." Leeteuk said as he finally pulled away. 

 

Ryeowook smiled as he held Leeteuk's hand and pulled him to Kyuhyun's bed. "That's good hyung, now we just have to pray for Kyuhyun to wake up so that we can start pampering him don't we?"

 

At that moment, Kyuhyun's eyes fluttered open. "Hyung......"